Our Soldiers Being investigated for burning Damaged Korans

These soldiers are going to be scapegoats so obana can show the taliban how sensitive he is. The military should know by now that they have a commander in chief who would sell them out for a tickle.

He has chosen to use sharia standards against our military.

Let's get real. A letter of reprimand is hardly a Sharia stoning.

If there were officers who made this awful decision, their careers need to come to an end.

A little harsh for guys doing their jobs. What next? Charging servicemembers with murder for shooting the enemy...oh, wait! That's already being done regularly.
Carry on...

These soldiers will get butt fucked. The orders will come down from big0 or one of his lackeys.

No officer will be punished, just the enlisted.

So when does big 0 demand that some afgahn citizen face justice for murder?

These soldiers are going to be scapegoats so obana can show the taliban how sensitive he is. The military should know by now that they have a commander in chief who would sell them out for a tickle.

He has chosen to use sharia standards against our military.

If there were officers who made this awful decision, their careers need to come to an end.

A little harsh for guys doing their jobs. What next? Charging servicemembers with murder for shooting the enemy...oh, wait! That's already being done regularly.
Carry on...

Doing their job does not include taking actions that inflame the local population.

It's not like they shouldn't have known this was a bad idea. There were riots in 2005 when there were stories of Koran desecration.

These soldiers will get butt fucked. The orders will come down from big0 or one of his lackeys.

No officer will be punished, just the enlisted.

So when does big 0 demand that some afgahn citizen face justice for murder?

More than likely, it's the officers who will get the worst of it. An EM might get a letter of reprimand, but that's not a career killer. For an officer that is.

Carry on...

Doing their job does not include taking actions that inflame the local population.

It's not like they shouldn't have known this was a bad idea. There were riots in 2005 when there were stories of Koran desecration.

You know what I'd do? I'd dump a whole load of the damned books in the local village square. I'd post my riflemen around the square and then I'd torch the damned, fucking books. Anyone who raised a finger would be shot, on the spot. Guaranteed, there would be many fewer murders or Americans.

Carry on...

You know what I'd do? I'd dump a whole load of the damned books in the local village square. I'd post my riflemen around the square and then I'd torch the damned, fucking books. Anyone who raised a finger would be shot, on the spot. Guaranteed, there would be many fewer murders or Americans.

LOL

After all that, you really think so?

Carry on...

We only fight nice wars now.

I understand as a normal citizen this would be freedom of speech.. But under the military wouldn't they probably got in trouble if they had burned a bible or the American flag.
I don't think the punishment should be severe, and for sure not kicked out of the military. These soldiers do know they are held to a different standard.

They disposed of Bibles a while back because the muslims objected to them being there.

Carry on...

I guess that got overlooked back in the 1940s.

250px-Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

Our Soldiers Being investigated for burning Damaged Korans
....And, the Talibaggers are taking....

....FULL ADVANTAGE....

"The Afghan army chief of staff, General Sher Mohammad Karimi, said in an interview with Reuters that the Taliban had taken advantage of the Koran burning saga and whipped up anti-Western emotions on its radio programs and website."​

....o' the situation!!!!!

"Desecration?" Who did the desecrating? Idiot:evil:

UN Chief in Afghanistan Calls for ‘Disciplinary Actions’ Against Those Involved in Qur’an ‘Desecration’

aaa1_579.jpg

The top United Nations official in Afghanistan has raised eyebrows with comments urging disciplinary action against those found to be responsible for damaging copies of the Qur’an at the U.S. military base in Bagram.

For Jan Kubis, head of the U.N. Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) and secretary-general Ban Ki-moon’s special representative in Afghanistan, multiple U.S. apologies – including one from President Obama – and an order from International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) commander Gen. John Allen that all 130,000 coalition troops in the country “complete training in the proper handling of religious materials” by this past Saturday, have not been sufficient.

“I agree with those who say that after this apology and after the investigation disciplinary actions should follow, those who were behind this grave mistake should be held accountable for it,” he told a press conference in Kabul on Thursday

UN Chief in Afghanistan Calls for

Idiot, the Korans were ruined by the terrorists writing notes to communicate with each other.

The military thought they were normal books since they were trashed and couldn't read the Arabic.

The reality is whoever discovered they were really Korans should shut the fuck up and not stirried this shit storm. They should've been destroyed as trash no matter what they are and the crazy muslims don't need to know.:eusa_shhh:

There has to be some sort of standing order to not desecrate religious items, if there isn't there should be. This whole thing was an exercise in stupidity, everyone involved is just stupid.

"Desecration?" Who did the desecrating? Idiot:evil:

UN Chief in Afghanistan Calls for ‘Disciplinary Actions’ Against Those Involved in Qur’an ‘Desecration’

aaa1_579.jpg

The top United Nations official in Afghanistan has raised eyebrows with comments urging disciplinary action against those found to be responsible for damaging copies of the Qur’an at the U.S. military base in Bagram.

For Jan Kubis, head of the U.N. Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) and secretary-general Ban Ki-moon’s special representative in Afghanistan, multiple U.S. apologies – including one from President Obama – and an order from International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) commander Gen. John Allen that all 130,000 coalition troops in the country “complete training in the proper handling of religious materials” by this past Saturday, have not been sufficient.

“I agree with those who say that after this apology and after the investigation disciplinary actions should follow, those who were behind this grave mistake should be held accountable for it,” he told a press conference in Kabul on Thursday

UN Chief in Afghanistan Calls for

Am I missing it somewhere? Where's his demand that the shitbags that murdered soldiers who had nothing to do with the book burning be brought to justice? Where's all the outrage over that little glitch? For that matter, why isn't the CINC stamping his feets and throwing a tantrum over the loss of yet more American lives?

Still waiting.

New Topics

Forum List

Back