our social event.....lol rabbit liver?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so we head out to the social event...we have been amping up for this for a month....its on....we have the youngest.....21 yr old who wants to be a grow tech....to the 71 yr old real estate broker ....and all of us in between....

the secret ingredient is rabbit...liz the oldest lady and i look at each other and laugh.....we both had eaten rabbit till we could afford not to....the younger people were kinda good with it...except for jax..the 21 yr old who has a pet rabbit....

so we have rabbit breakfast, rabbit gravy with a shrimp...thats right a shrimp...which sets am off on how she hates that look...then we have rabbits leg and black lentials....it was okay.....everyone is splitting bottles of wine and jax is drining mixed drinks...things are going well...then jax takes off her jacket and liz sees her rosie the rivetor skull tat and starts to say something just as am takes off her jacket revealing a full sleeve......

then the entrees....saddle of rabbit stuffed with kraut.....duo rabbit....

neither were outstanding but the duo of rabbit got the highest scores....

jax and i get up and go to the bathroom...where i am plucking tissue out of the box and she sees something wrapped in foils...in a large bowl and begins to stuff these things in her purse ....i am telling her no...we dont know what they are and all...she is like..they are free and continues to stuff her purse....(what can ya say...she is a dogtown girl) so we go back to the table...where this dude keeps taking out damn silver ware....i find the silver ware dude highly annoying...but lace says its his job and to shut the hell up.....

now to dessert.....

rabbit lollipop....and brown sugar ice cream with sesame brittle.....

oddly better than you might think......i gave it the highest score

of the evening....

and then the rabbit liver on goat cheese and peppercorn cheesecake with blueberry puree

omg that was nasty....not the liver we all ate the liver...but the damn goat cheese cheesecake...and am is all about....he thought outside the box you have to give him credit.....o hell no....if you are thinking outside the box you better make sure its good

and it would have been different if we didnt eat the rabbit liver but we did...hell i pushed my plate to jax...who will eat about anything and will always clean her plate...and she pushed her plate away with the cheesecake uneaten...

i need a bigger purse

Results

Well if you get a throat infection, stomach pain, diarrhea, and vomiting in the next 3-5 days you know what you got.

from rabbit?

Rabbit fever. (tularemia) If it is cooked good, no problem. But if it is under cooked and it was infected then you can get it. Most of the people who get it are the ones who skin the wild rabbits.

Anyway you probably ate rabbits raised in cages and are not classified as wild. I never ate tame or raised rabbits, only wild rabbits, properly cooked of course.

Cool! I agree... goat cheese cheese cake would make me puke.

So what was in the packets of foil once you got home to open them?

Forum List

Back