Our proposed trade deal with the EU

Poor Timmy. Still hasn't recovered from the almighty pimp slap sovereignty landed on globalism's face.

Sovereignty huh? That's why the Brexit people are complaining about the BRITISH GOVERNMENT not "carrying out their wishes" now huh? You wanted it, you wanted the govt in charge, so why do you complain when the govt doesn't do what you want them to do?
As the complexities of the debacle present themselves they are getting more and more angry. They have little idea what they voted for and lack the intelligence to discuss it in a constructive way. Their leaders have left them and all in all its a mess.

7 years of trade tariffs to trade in our biggest market should give anybody pause for thought. Not these dumb fuckers though.

LINK to this having been agreed ?

Sovereignty huh? That's why the Brexit people are complaining about the BRITISH GOVERNMENT not "carrying out their wishes" now huh? You wanted it, you wanted the govt in charge, so why do you complain when the govt doesn't do what you want them to do?

I thought the vote was to force the government to carry out the will of the people, i.e. leave the EU.

Why did you think that? Everyone who knew anything about this knew the vote was non-binding.

It's funny how many people voted and yet had no idea what they were voting for.
Why have a vote at all if not to express the will of the people. It was a simple question that needed no interpreting and the people voted to leave. Granted there are difficulties in doing so, I don't understand your criticism of those who complain that the government is not doing what they wanted.

Voters will now be given an amended question:

• Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?
The answer options will be now be either:

• Remain a member of the European Union
  • Leave the European Union

Well, there are various ways to show "the will of the people", was it "the will of the people" or was it merely populism at its worst?

The point was, the UK doesn't have any legal process for referenda to be legally binding. You thought it was. Well you were wrong. Just as you thought voting out would be good, again, you were wrong.

You don't understand my criticism?

Okay. People say "we need to take back control". Why? Too much immigration. Too many pakistanis coming over. Who had the control over letting in Africans, Pakistanis, Muslims etc? The UK govt. When the UK was letting in Poles, other countries put up restrictions. Who had this control? The UK govt. So many immigrants wait at Calais to go to the UK, why? Because of the welfare system of the UK which was made by the UK govt. Whose fault is that? The UK govts. And yet the Brexit people were so desperate for "sovereignty", they even wanted to declare the day the vote happened as the UK independence day, what trashy talk. The UK had loads of sovereignty, and that it didn't have wasn't actually being run that badly. The EU has it's problems, I'm not going to say it doesn't, but most of the problems are at the UK govt level or lower.

But hey, they wanted the UK govt to have FULL CONTROL. Which they've now basically got. Except for the fact that the EU govt is now strong and can dictate its terms massively. Either the UK enters agreements which are going to be in favor of the EU or the UK is going to suffer. Simple as.

But now they UK govt has control, and the UK govt set things up so the referendum was not legally binding, the Brexit people have a problem with THE DECISION OF THE UK GOVT. The very govt they decided was best placed to actually run things in the first place. You know, the govt that let in all those immigrants in the first place.

Understand?

I don't understand the purpose of the last part of your message.
I don't understand the purpose of the last part of your message.
The purpose was to show the simplicity of the referendum, it was specifically to find out if the people wished to remain a member of the EU or leave it. Your misrepresentation of my beliefs notwithstanding, the people were offered the vote and were given assurances that the government would act in good faith in carrying out the results. It is not the least bit unreasonable for people to get upset if they feel their wishes aren't being met in good faith.

Forum List

Back