our priorities are wrong...

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
How many threads on the girl that's suing the school for not allowing her to attend the prom with her girlfriend while wearing a tux?

Other than this one, how many threads on the Irish immigant that hanged herself two days before a school dance?

Teenagers ‘bullied suicide schoolgirl’ - Times Online

Nine teenagers were charged last night for allegedly bullying a recent Irish immigrant who hanged herself two days before a school dance in Massachusetts.

No, she wasn't a lesbian, I guess that's the problem....

Why do you have such a problem with the lesbian girl? Why couldn't you just start a thread discussing the girl who commented suicide.
And I am sure the lesbian girl was bullied also, of course you cannot see that.

Why do you have such a problem with the lesbian girl? Why couldn't you just start a thread discussing the girl who commented suicide.

Why is it you can't see our priorities are wrong...like I said, how many threads on the girl suing the school? And not one, except this one on the Irish immigrant that committed suicide 2 days before the school dance.

Dead girl vs girl suing school because she couldn't go to the dance with a girl while wearing a tux......and you not only don't see a difference, you don't think the Irish girl is worthy of any press at all....

I'll bet if the Irish girl was a lesbian, it would have been all over this board.

Are you completely off your nut or what?

The OP parallels teen suicides and the lesbian tux girl...

The lesbian tux girl has never said she was bullied, and didn't commit suicide. There is no parallel.

If you want to imagine she was bullied, good for you! But there's absolutely no evidence that she ever was.

Why is it you can't see our priorities are wrong...like I said, how many threads on the girl suing the school? And not one, except this one on the Irish immigrant that committed suicide 2 days before the school dance.

Dead girl vs girl suing school because she couldn't go to the dance with a girl while wearing a tux......and you not only don't see a difference, you don't think the Irish girl is worthy of any press at all....

I'll bet if the Irish girl was a lesbian, it would have been all over this board.

Oh, now I get where you were going.

You're right.

Where did I say that? Please show me where I said she was not worthy of any press?
And did I even start the thread on the lesbian girl?

Bravo on trying to put words in mouth.:clap2:

The lesbian tux girl has never said she was bullied, and didn't commit suicide. There is no parallel.

If you want to imagine she was bullied, good for you! But there's absolutely no evidence that she ever was.

my point was the amount of press, and sympathy given to each....lesbian tux wearing, dozens of you are all in favor, sympathetic and all over anyone who doesn't believe she should be making money off of this...while at the same time, not one of you has spoken up about the girl that was bullied so badly that she committed suicide. It's pretty obvious the lesbian tux girl wasn't bullied. The prom was canceled because of her, they are having another one and she's invited, with her date and her tux.

This Irish immigrant was bullied so badly she committed suicide, bet if she was a lesbian you would be all over about how she was bullied and her rights were violated, instead, you seem to not to care about her at all.

Our priorities are all askew....

You don't think a gay teen was bullied in Mississippi? :lol:

And PLEASE show me where I was comparing the two, I am pretty sure the OP did that for me. I think me telling her to start a thread just discussing the suicide, pretty much means I am not comparing the two.

So thank you also for putting words in my mouth.

There were two threads. And bullying is bullying...whether you do it against an ethnic group or against gays.

Bullying is wrong. And it's sad that you feel the need to qualify it.

My god, you and Luissa do not make an entire brain.

THE LESBIAN WASN'T BULLIED, DIDN'T DIE...BUT GOT A LOT MORE PRESS AND SYMPATHY.

That's the point she's making.

The story is really sad.

Why are teen girls so nasty to each other? My kids are friends with a recent Irish immigrant that is admired because she is different. This poor girl was hated because she was different.

I think we need to teach kids a better way to deal with bullies.

How the hell do you know she was bullied, Ravi???

Did your invisible friend tell you???

How the hell do you know she was bullied, Ravi???

Did your invisible friend tell you???
They were both bullied by "society."

Jesus had a lot of good ideas, but turning the other cheek wasn't one of them.

Kick them where the sun don't shine. And if that doesn't work, kick them again.

How many threads on the girl that's suing the school for not allowing her to attend the prom with her girlfriend while wearing a tux?

Other than this one, how many threads on the Irish immigant that hanged herself two days before a school dance?

Teenagers ‘bullied suicide schoolgirl’ - Times Online

Nine teenagers were charged last night for allegedly bullying a recent Irish immigrant who hanged herself two days before a school dance in Massachusetts.

No, she wasn't a lesbian, I guess that's the problem....

We are well trained by the media and do our best to emulate their sensationalistic/enquirerisctic approach to life in America.

my point was the amount of press, and sympathy given to each....lesbian tux wearing, dozens of you are all in favor, sympathetic and all over anyone who doesn't believe she should be making money off of this...while at the same time, not one of you has spoken up about the girl that was bullied so badly that she committed suicide. It's pretty obvious the lesbian tux girl wasn't bullied. The prom was canceled because of her, they are having another one and she's invited, with her date and her tux.

This Irish immigrant was bullied so badly she committed suicide, bet if she was a lesbian you would be all over about how she was bullied and her rights were violated, instead, you seem to not to care about her at all.

Our priorities are all askew....

You were the first person to mention the lesbian girl in this thread, you could have just made it about the girl being bullied.
Both issues are important and deserve to be discussed separately, and please don't tell me what is important to me. I didn't discuss this on the board, because it is personal issue I tend to not want to speak about with strangers.
The real issue here, is the fact you still have a problem with this lesbian girl.

That isn't the issue. The issue as she stated it was that people are more outraged over the fact that a dance was cancelled than they were over bullying which precipitated suicide.

in my opinion the lesbian prom thing got far more media attention than it deserved considering other problems America faces.

New Topics

Forum List

Back