Our President once again backs off on Russian sanctions

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Color me surprised

Trump puts the brake on new Russian sanctions, reversing Haley’s announcement

President Trump on Monday put the brakes on a preliminary plan to impose additional economic sanctions on Russia, walking back a Sunday announcement by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley that the Kremlin had swiftly denounced as “international economic raiding.”

Preparations to punish Russia anew for its support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government over the alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria caused consternation at the White House. Haley said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” that sanctions on Russian companies behind the equipment related to Assad’s alleged chemical weapons attack would be announced Monday by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

officials in Moscow condemned the planned sanctions as overly punitive

Sometime after Haley’s comments on CBS, the Trump administration notified the Russian Embassy in Washington that the sanctions were not in fact coming, a Russian Foreign Ministry official said Monday.

The Trump team decided to publicly characterize Haley’s announcement as a misstatement. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement Monday

another White House official said Haley got ahead of herself and made “an error that needs to be mopped up.”

But other administration officials expressed skepticism that Haley had merely misspoken. They said Haley is one of the most disciplined and cautious members of the Cabinet, especially when it comes to her public appearances. She regularly checks in with Trump personally to go over her planned statements before she sits for television interviews.

---------------------------------------------

Wow. And we had to learn about it from the fuking Russians.

Is Trump OWNED by Vladimir Putin or what?

Sure, Russia is kind of bad, today, but so are a whole bunch of other countries today, including Israel, Turkey, and yes the U.S.A. (The supposed good guys)
Why are you sunshine patriots so pro commieland now? Are you blinded by Putin's whiteness?

How do you figure Russia's still Communist, exactly?

Besides, I'm not really pro nor anti Russia. (Today)

When it comes to the USSR I would be against it, however.

Color me surprised

President Trump on Monday put the brakes on a preliminary plan to impose additional economic sanctions on Russia, walking back a Sunday announcement by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley that the Kremlin had swiftly denounced as “international economic raiding.”

Preparations to punish Russia anew for its support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s government over the alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria caused consternation at the White House. Haley said on CBS News’ “Face the Nation” that sanctions on Russian companies behind the equipment related to Assad’s alleged chemical weapons attack would be announced Monday by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.
Yeah, he's so obviously in Putin's pocket.

Color me surprised

Knock Knock

Trump : who is there ?

Putin

Trump : Putin who ?

Putin your pee pee tapes on the internet unless you cancel the Sanctions ...

There is probably a deal between Russia, Syria and the US to allow international investigators into Syria. The sanctions are probably contingent upon their discovery.

Color me surprised

Yeah, he's so obviously in Putin's pocket.

You think?

Sure, Russia is kind of bad, today, but so are a whole bunch of other countries today, including Israel, Turkey, and yes the U.S.A. (The supposed good guys)
Why are you sunshine patriots so pro commieland now? Are you blinded by Putin's whiteness?

How do you figure Russia's still Communist, exactly?

Besides, I'm not really pro nor anti Russia. (Today)

When it comes to the USSR I would be against it, however.

Did you miss the former KGB agent's declaration? Has he changed sine 2016?

Putin on the record:
Communism gets a big endorsement from a certain world leader

Color me surprised

Why should we punish someone because they support someone we don't like? Sounds like something a Russian would say.

There is probably a deal between Russia, Syria and the US to allow international investigators into Syria. The sanctions are probably contingent upon their discovery.

OPCW is there now. These strikes accomplished nothing considering each country's military know damn well that these aspirin factories. Think about it. No toxic gasses were released from any of their strike zones.

OMG! No chemical weapons.

Color me surprised

Why should we punish someone because they support someone we don't like? Sounds like something a Russian would say.
Russia is complicit

Now, looks like Trump may be

Haley needs to be knocked into the next universe with her bullshit.
What makes you think it came from her?

I've been watching her. Terribly aggressive.
Haley needs to be knocked into the next universe with her bullshit.
What makes you think it came from her?

Because in a land of 9 months of snow and ice and three months of bad skating I have a whole lot of time on my hands.

:lol:

Being serious here now. She's a wild card. She shouldn't be there.She did not deserve to be treated as shabbily as she was,

NOW get ready. Powers was awesome. I know who she is married to so she was walking a tight rope the whole time but I really do admire her. She was and always be a good girl in my mind.

You guys are a laugh a minute. Let’s see, Obama did nothing until after the elections even though he knew what was going on for was it 2 years?

Forum List

Back