Our politicians have no respect for us

There are many dedicated politicians serving the people, our job as voters is to separate the wheat from the chaff and hope to God we put someone in office that can think for the benefit of the people and not their next election.
We HAD that Opportunity, one time.....and, BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tPePpMxJaA]YouTube - President Jimmy Carter - Address to the Nation on Energy[/ame]

"By the end of 1985, when Congress and the administration allowed tax credits for solar homes to lapse, the dream of a solar era had faded."

Ironic too that the Carter era was the beginning of the end to the U.S. petroleum industry. It's never since recovered- and Obama will assure that it never ever will.

I read a lot of people on here yelling that the democrats are better or the republicans are better, blah, blah, blah. I think they all suck. The elected "leadership" shows zero respect for America or the people they were elected to represent. All I see in these people are people that think they are better than all of us who spend our money faster than we can give it to them and always make the easy wrong choice over the hard right choice. Just my two cents.

Excellent post. All too true.

we have no respect for us and they take advantage of it

You're right on. For far to long we have disconnected ourselves from staying on top of government and those who govern. Let's hope this administration will make us sit up and take notice and we will reconnect with what's going on. A whole lot of really bad stuff has come out in the open about people on both sides of the aisle. Now would be a good time to make a clean sweep and demand a more accountable leadership, a leadership with much higher standards to meet than what we have now.

Well, I see many are finally seeing the light and realizing that, many not all politicians, have an agenda that when once elected seems to differ from what their constituants voted them in for.

Hopefully since this last election and so many more before this, electing the same old people with the same old agendas over and over again, the majority of the next wave of voters will actually do some research into their candidates before making a decision. Screw what party they belong to and vote for whom ever you think will do the better job, if that's possible. There are many dedicated politicians serving the people, our job as voters is to separate the wheat from the chaff and hope to God we put someone in office that can think for the benefit of the people and not their next election.

The agendas of politicians running for office are what the voters agree with and that is why people keep "electing the same old people with the same old agendas over and over again"

Voters are like sheep. Masses of people will almost always make stupid decisions. It's human nature.

goering.jpg

Democracy is a farce, a shambles, a comedy.

It reflects us.

Better than tyranny, which kills us.

I would rather have a government I can rage at or laugh at than one I have to hide from.
Yeah....there was no hiding from BUSHCO!

They were a fuckin' laugh-RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI7JXGqd0o&feature=PlayList&p=80676B9DFAB860AA&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=46]YouTube - WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZTLmOoPzjs&feature=PlayList&p=80676B9DFAB860AA&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=34[/ame]​

Last edited:
I read a lot of people on here yelling that the democrats are better or the republicans are better, blah, blah, blah. I think they all suck. The elected "leadership" shows zero respect for America or the people they were elected to represent. All I see in these people are people that think they are better than all of us who spend our money faster than we can give it to them and always make the easy wrong choice over the hard right choice. Just my two cents.

Nothing unique about this. Politicians are the same the world over. Self interested, nest feathering liars and cheats. Their 'me first' philosophy is the driving force behind their quest for power and money. The electorate is simply their means to an end. Probably the best modern day example of such an animal is Tony Blair who has been exposed as one of the most dishonest, devious and self interested Prime Ministers Britain has ever produced.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....the best-example is Tony Blair.

:rolleyes:

We fall in love with the image.We have Obama nicely packaged, promoted heavily by the media.
Yeah......whatta concept...... :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfsCdpFO6dc]YouTube - How to speak like Ronald Reagan - media training public speaking[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRLvBozfksM]YouTube - Ronald Reagan Secret Government 1984 1-10[/ame]​

Money is a big problem and there's only one way to address that. But ordinary people getting involved and making themselves heard helps counteract......
WHOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Back-up! Back-up!! Back-up!!!

What one way are you talkin'-about??

PUBLIC-financing of campaigns??

That's gonna sound an awful-lot like a redistribution-of-wealth to (too-many) "conservatives"!!!

Totally agree. Half of them sit up there in there fancy offices going to parties and have no intentions of doing what is right to help the country. That's why so many of them cancel there town hall meetings...
Yeah.....that's why...... :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clLzCRbjbnk]YouTube - Right-Wing Starts Showing Up with Guns at Townhall Meetings[/ame]

We NEED more Bubbleheads (besides Sarah Palin???????) :eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Mjkj40lZE]YouTube - HealthCare Town Hall Protester Katy Abram: "I ALWAYS seem to HAVE FAITH In THE GOVERNMENT..."[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyT_M3aEJKc]YouTube - "Sleeping Giant" Woman From Specter Town Hall On "Hannity"[/ame]​

There are many dedicated politicians serving the people, our job as voters is to separate the wheat from the chaff and hope to God we put someone in office that can think for the benefit of the people and not their next election.
We HAD that Opportunity, one time.....and, BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tPePpMxJaA]YouTube - President Jimmy Carter - Address to the Nation on Energy[/ame]

"By the end of 1985, when Congress and the administration allowed tax credits for solar homes to lapse, the dream of a solar era had faded."

Ironic too that the Carter era was the beginning of the end to the U.S. petroleum industry. It's never since recovered-
Yeah.....we really should consider a bake-sale, for Big Oil.

Excellent post. All too true.

we have no respect for us and they take advantage of it

Now would be a good time to make a clean sweep and demand a more accountable leadership, a leadership with much higher standards to meet than what we have now.
....And, that LIST o' approved-standards is located, where?????

Why should they? Would your spouse have any respect for you if they screwed everyone in sight, and you knew it, and yet you still came home everyday and said "I love you honey"?

For players in BOTH parties RE-ELECTION is more important than doing the right thing.

Face it, if they'd consistently done the right thing, they wouldn't be in a position leading to high office to begin with.

I think I understand what you're saying and I agree that the upper echelons of elected politicians may seem disconnected, but I have to ask - do you know an elected politician? I have a friend who is a high ranking Illinois senator and to me he's just a nice guy who happens to be in politics. We talk on the phone a few times a year and meet in person often. He'll even call me once in a while and ask my advice on issues. There are some really good people out there in politico-land.

Agreed. But at the end of the day, the system eats them up. Slowly but surely, if the pol. has any intention of being reelected he has to grind the donation machine, which means pac's, they have to go along to get along, if they want a bill to pass they have to compromise and play the game promising their vote for another bill that they may in fact loathe because the committees etc. are set up to punish and marginalize those that don’t bend to the rules and whims of the chairperson who has been there for years and is firmly entrenched etc..

Then there’s all of the accouterments of office, privileges galore based on time honored union like seniority strictures, special treatment, allowances, it submerges the best intentions...for some it just takes longer. The atmosphere for an honest well meaning newbie is toxic.

I read a book several years ago; INSIDE CONGRESS: The Shocking Scandals, Corruption, and Abuse of Power; Behind the Scenes on Capitol Hill by Kessler.

You have to read it and check some of the footnotes and I in fact double shocked at some of his assertions and statements, it was so unbelievable, as to what goes on in congress, it’s a free for all on our dime.

I think I understand what you're saying and I agree that the upper echelons of elected politicians may seem disconnected, but I have to ask - do you know an elected politician? I have a friend who is a high ranking Illinois senator and to me he's just a nice guy who happens to be in politics. We talk on the phone a few times a year and meet in person often. He'll even call me once in a while and ask my advice on issues. There are some really good people out there in politico-land.
I understand what you're saying but in the present political climate we need rabble-rousers like Kucinich, Grayson, Wiener and Bernie Sanders, not "nice guys" who occasionally make a positive gesture but basically keep a low profile and go along to get along.

It must really suck to be you. After reading your OP I had to wonder: "How the fuck does this person ever get out of bed every morning?"

You are truly a heroic person.
:?)

I am missing your point. I see a lot of people in this country pissed about the elected leadership and a lot more doing things about it. Is it not American to question the elected leadership? Or is it you were one of those that bitched about Bush because he never did anything right and now the shoe is on the other foot and Obama Inc is having all the problems? If you think the elected leadership is so great torwards their people please provide one damn thing they have done.

Ah, yes.....

....that magical-excuse for NEVER voting/paying-attention-to-what's-goin'-on!!!

These would be the same people who're always saying "Ya' know what's gonna HAPPEN, don't you??"....and, that time-honored "I GUARANTEE you...." (typically followed by some straight-outta-the-ass prediction).

c_cliff_02.JPG

Well my friend you just lost credibility with me. I stay up on the issues and have always voted since I was able. I have lost faith in our elected leadership because everything they do is with the betterment of themselves in mind and not what is best for the people. On top of it every time you turn around another politician has been caught in some type of scandal. Those guys don't give any person in this country much hope when it is all said and done.
Yet......

"I think they all suck."

....and, you're (quite) obviously contributing to the present-situation!

Is it possible your evaluation-process (of politicians you help elect) is the actual-problem???

:eusa_eh:

So you are saying I am the problem because I didn't do enough research? So isn't that what the American people did in the last election? vote for change! Well change came! You're right though it's completely unamerican to question, bitch, and be cautious about our elected leadership.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back