Our party is self destructing Paul/Newt lit the fuse

What do you expect? You're party's entire platform is finding creative ways to thwart logic and disregard facts to trick the proles into voting for them. It's axiomatic that they'll go about this in different ways and end up destroying each other. :dunno:

I think that the only Party that see's Proletarians is yours. ;) Nice Freudian slip there Sparky. Don't worry, we already knew. ;)

Clever. But no.

You are So Right Comrade. You have Never been more Right Comrade. 2+2=5 for as long as you say it does Comrade. :D :lol: ;)

Doublethink
Main article: Doublethink

The keyword here is blackwhite. Like so many Newspeak words, this word has two mutually contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it means the habit of impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts. Applied to a Party member, it means a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands this. But it means also the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary. This demands a continuous alteration of the past, made possible by the system of thought which really embraces all the rest, and which is known in Newspeak as doublethink. Doublethink is basically the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.

— Part II, Chapter IX — The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism
Nineteen Eighty-Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not only are they trying to destroy each other but they are killing our chances.

Newt has self imploded and apparently wants everyone on the ship to sink with him. Paul just wants to throw bullshit half truths and flat out lies at everyone.

I understand elections are dirty but half of our party are acting like libs in an effort to destroy their opposition.

Newt and Perry need to drop out. NOW

Let it all play out rather than fester. It's for the best. We will be stronger and better inoculated in the end. If you think about it, this is nothing compared to what the Dems have planned.

Yep it's better now than later, I don't know why people think Mitt should be protected from this stuff now. Let him deal with it now before Obama starts late,r this will lessen the impact a bit.

Not only are they trying to destroy each other but they are killing our chances.

Newt has self imploded and apparently wants everyone on the ship to sink with him. Paul just wants to throw bullshit half truths and flat out lies at everyone.

I understand elections are dirty but half of our party are acting like libs in an effort to destroy their opposition.

Awww crap Gramps... here we go again.

Give us the list of half truths and bullshit Paul tosses out there...

Paul talks about balancing the budget and personal liberty, that's really it. You can't balance the budget when you have mass welfare or mass warfare. You can't have liberty defend by our constitution with the Patriot act and NDAA.

So what is the bullshit that Paul puts out there?

I understand a rant about Newt, he went from promising to running a positive campaign, invoking the Reagan rule, the 11th commandment of not attacking your own party only to fail the very next debate… Now Newt attacks more viciously than any other candidate, in fact he has said Mitt is the second most dangerous man in America next to Obama and that he won’t vote for Paul….

That is examples if clear bullshit. Where are some on Paul? Where he apologizes for horrid ads that attacked Huntsmen, that came from Huntsman’s own campaign? Or where he defended Mitt on capitalism…

Paul talks about balancing the budget and personal liberty, that's really it. You can't balance the budget when you have mass welfare or mass warfare. You can't have liberty defend by our constitution with the Patriot act and NDAA.

I understand a rant about Newt, he went from promising to running a positive campaign, invoking the Reagan rule, the 11th commandment of not attacking your own party only to fail the very next debate… Now Newt attacks more viciously than any other candidate, in fact he has said Mitt is the second most dangerous man in America next to Obama and that he won’t vote for Paul….

That is examples if clear bullshit. Where are some on Paul? Where he apologizes for horrid ads that attacked Huntsmen, that came from Huntsman’s own campaign? Or where he defended Mitt on capitalism…

See post 36.

I'm tired of our candidates acting like they're in a highschool debate class.

Stop the bullshit and give me the plan not platitudes.

The party is destructing by itself and you want to blame Paul and Romney? LOL. The GOP's nonsense they spew is simply being exposed and taken to task.

Apparently you can't read, I never mentioned Mitt. And the only people taking anything to task are Newt and Paul.

Apparently it's YOU that can't read. I didn't mention Mitt either.

Which Romney were you talking about if it wasn't Mitt?

paul is actually telling the truth regarding fiscal issues.

I am not worried about him lying about anything except when he claims to oppose pork. But telling the truth isn't enough. You need to be right when you speak truthfully. Unfortunately, he is only right on fiscal matters at the moment.

Paul has claimed that Santorum is pro choice and anti second amendment.

It's utter bs and completely false.

Wasn't aware of that. And yes those are lies.

Paul has SOLID ideas regarding social issues for the most part. There is no need to twist the social votes of the others in order to lift his own.

See post 36.

Quick search and this is what I found off Paul's site Rick Santorum "Proud" to Support Pro-Choice Arlen Specter | Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
:

Rick Santorum’s endorsement of Arlen Specter, a strong supporter of abortion… is becoming a key issue as the Iowa caucuses near.Past that all I found was Santorum "blames" Paul for the robo calls that said Santorum was anti second amendment and pro choice... Meaning as far as I can tell Paul never said it, Santorum just claims someone supporting Paul did....

If you can find me a quote of Paul saying Santorum is pro choice and anti the second amendment I'll look into it.

I am not worried about him lying about anything except when he claims to oppose pork. But telling the truth isn't enough. You need to be right when you speak truthfully. Unfortunately, he is only right on fiscal matters at the moment.

Paul has claimed that Santorum is pro choice and anti second amendment.

It's utter bs and completely false.

Wasn't aware of that. And yes those are lies.

Because I don't think it ever happened. I'm a Paul supporter and I never heard it either.

http://www.examiner.com/conservativ...sting-after-robo-calls-claim-he-is-pro-choice

Santorum simply blames Paul for the "robocalls." Lacking proof of any kind of course.

Last edited:

If it is self destructing, it is more than arguable that it was Mitt Romney who "lit the fuse."

He and his pals (acting as though Mitt had no say in it) went after Gingrich hard and often. And their smear shit worked. So, points for effectiveness, up to a point. But payback is kind of a bitch.

So if Mitt is now on the receiving end, it didn't have to be that way. And he can largely blame himself.

Nonetheless, you got one thing very very right. The GOP is now acting like a bunch of libs.

See post 36.

Quick search and this is what I found off Paul's site Rick Santorum "Proud" to Support Pro-Choice Arlen Specter*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
:

Rick Santorum’s endorsement of Arlen Specter, a strong supporter of abortion… is becoming a key issue as the Iowa caucuses near.Past that all I found was Santorum "blames" Paul for the robo calls that said Santorum was anti second amendment and pro choice... Meaning as far as I can tell Paul never said it, Santorum just claims someone supporting Paul did....

If you can find me a quote of Paul saying Santorum is pro choice and anti the second amendment I'll look into it.

Santorum supported Specter for a very specific reason. Because Specter promised him that if he and the President did, Specter would fight to get Bush's judicial nominees through confirmation. Which he did.

We have two solid pro constitution judges on the bench because of that, despite the fact that it did hurt Santorum politically. I support Rick's choice there and I completely understand it. Sometimes you have to make friends who don't support your issues to get your issues through.

See post 36.

Quick search and this is what I found off Paul's site Rick Santorum "Proud" to Support Pro-Choice Arlen Specter*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
:

Santorum supported Specter for a very specific reason. Because Specter promised him that if he and the President did, Specter would fight to get Bush's judicial nominees through confirmation. Which he did.

We have two solid pro constitution judges on the bench because of that, despite the fact that it did hurt Santorum politically. I support Rick's choice there and I completely understand it. Sometimes you have to make friends who don't support your issues to get your issues through.

Specter seemed more an Advocate for the Minority Party, than a Committee Head. Good Riddance to him.

407590_204690779619860_160411127381159_458143_29741227_n.jpg

See post 36.

:

I watched Paul on an interview either on msnbc or fox, not sure which. It was a few days ago. He was questioned about the accusations and basically said he thought the overall message was accurate. You and I both know that's code for its only half true but the public at large doesn't. Not only that he didn't bother to explain which parts of the accusations were true. It's misleading at best. Paul presents himself as being above that but he isn't.

It's no different than Paul putting earmarks in bills then voting against the bills because he knows they will pass anyways.

Specter seemed more an Advocate for the Minority Party, than a Committee Head. Good Riddance to him.

He got the nominees through committee and on the supreme court. It would have been nice if he did alot more. But at least he did that.

It's no different than Paul putting earmarks in bills then voting against the bills because he knows they will pass anyways.
Um....I hate to break it to you, but inSanetorum has admitted to playing the same game.

Don't hate the playah, hate the game.

Actually, he hasn't. He's admitted getting money back to his district. But he didn't make it a point of putting pork in bills he knew would pass, voting against them and claiming he was against it.

Um....I hate to break it to you, but inSanetorum has admitted to playing the same game.

Don't hate the playah, hate the game.

Actually, he hasn't. He's admitted getting money back to his district. But he didn't make it a point of putting pork in bills he knew would pass, voting against them and claiming he was against it.
He admitted that he got the money back to his district in the same manner as Dr. Paul, and even mentioned his name as the person after whom he modeled his technique....Also, getting the tax money that was taken from your district returned to it isn't "pork".

Forum List

Back