Our not-so-secure national security

More terrorists have come into the US through Canada than through Mexico

We're talking about terrorists sneaking into the US. Please try to pay attention

Please post a link to a single terrorist that has been proven to have sneaked across the Canadian/US border.

I will post that link if you promise to post a link to a single terrorist that has been proven to have sneaked across the Mexican/IS border. Fair enough?

Now let's talk about illegals in general, which border is abused more? Oh , it isn't even close.

No let's not go off track in order to cover up your inability to stay focused on the subject being discussed. This thread is about terrorists sneaking over the US/Canada border.

Actually, the thread was about pourous everything--borders, ports, etc. The next attack isn't going to be by a bunch of idiots with boxcutters, it will be a bunch of idiots who managed to get hold of Sarin or something similar and just let it loose in a large concentration of people, or worse, just one vial of the smallpox virus stolen from the reserves locked up at the CDC and some facility in [yikes] Russia.

I think the point made in the brief editorial is that there is basically nothing we can do to seal off the country entirely from potential attacks. There's no useful debate over which "party" can best protect us. We do the best we can, then pray.

Well, I think it's a good topic.

I have a major beef when people talk about the Mexican/US border in the context of national security but ignore the thousands and thousands of miles unguarded along the Canadian/US border. Perhaps people think terrorists or weaponry would never come through the north. Eh? Yeah. We don't have any homegrown terrorists either. :rolleyes:

Tell me - how many enter via Canada as compared to Mexico? If the concentration is more in the south than the north it stands to reason why. Thousands attempt to enter via Mexico where not as many via Canada. Remember that included in those thousands are people from Central/SoAmerica also. BOTH borders, as well as those on the coast, should be secured! This is not about treating all borders equally - it's about where the concentration of illegal entry is.

I wouldn't throw numbers around willy nilly. My only point is that if we're serious about our borders in the context of national security, we need to talk about our northern border too.

Yes we do, but when the obvious border being exploited is the southern border, that should be the one we concentrate on first.

More terrorists have come into the US through Canada than through Mexico

We're talking about terrorists sneaking into the US. Please try to pay attention

Do YOU know which are the terrorists as they come across? EVERYBODY needs to be stopped when coming across illegally - as who is to know???? Do they have a sign saying 'I am a terrorist'???? Or maybe a sign saying 'I just look latino but I am really from the Middle East'???

Forum List

Back