Our Never-Ending "Soccer" Embarrassment

That does not change the fact that Soccer is an extremely boring "spectator sport". There are a lot of sports that are a lot of fun to play but boring as hell to watch and soccer happens to be one of those. Ninety minutes of running the ball up and down the field with almost no scoring at all, and that is if there is even a goal scored. If you are not playing, you may as well be napping. If you really are interested, you can catch the 3.6 seconds of scoring in the game on ESPN's Sportscenter.

I will grant you that Soccer is a hell of a lot of fun to play, but it simply is nothing to watch.

Immie

Poll after poll has shown that people like watching a good pitching dual to a homerun fest. You don't think that throwing a ball through hoop doesn't get monotonous? Any serious sports fan will tell you that it's about the intricacies of any sport that make it truly mesmerizing.

But, sure; if we're talking about games for the typical unenlightened dumbass, maybe soccer is not going to be the sport of choice. Listen to the differences in soccer anouncers and basketball announcers. It's laughable, the chasm of sophistication.

Basketball sucks... in fact, I have found the NBA to be the cure for insomnia. Another game that sucks to watch is baseball. The difference between the announcers? Yeah, soccer announcers all have one thing in common. They can draw out the word "Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" for what seems like an eternity. Of course, they do that in the failed attempt to make people think there is actually something exciting actually going on for the spectators. Face it, as a spectator sport your game sucks tomcat tit.

Immie

That's the Spanish broadcasts. Watch and EPL broadcast and you'll see the highest class of broadcaster in any sport.

Uko^^^

You keep making your meaningless blanket insults b/c you have nothing.

That would seem to be the role YOU have embraced, as anyone who - unlike you - can read English surely sees by now.

Screeching "I win! I win!" while you run away with your tail between your legs is not going to save you any face, champ.

This is how tools argue. .

Yes, I've noticed you trying to do just that for several posts now. Kinda makes you look like both an idiot and an asshole. Good luck on trying to learn how to read, champ.

And I notice TheGreatPussy wouldn't even try to address the other two examples that put the lie to his "fitness" theory...

And I notice TheGreatPussy wouldn't even try to address the other two examples that put the lie to his "fitness" theory...

Do you even know what you're talking about? I don't even know what the fuck point you're trying to make. Try writing that again with clarity, dink.

Also, I'm not the one arguing the fitness and speed of fat behemoths.

And, I've gave you an in depth example with the 40 speeds. You've given me cut-off quotes to ignore context and a bunch of crying. So, who especially gives a fuck what BS you're talking about at this point. You tried to argue the fitness and speed of fat people. Your argument was lost when you made it. It doesn't matter what points you pretend I've ignored.

This seems like as good a place as any to bring this up...

How about America's never-ending "football" embarrassment? An NFL game in London every year for 7 FUCKING YEARS???

What the fuck is that? "Oy why don't ye send em off to jolly whop around on the old soccer pitch?"

Steelers and Vikings fans, the NFL owes you an apology.

How about America's never-ending "football" embarrassment? An NFL game in London every year for 7 FUCKING YEARS???

What the fuck is that? "Oy why don't ye send em off to jolly whop around on the old soccer pitch?"

The Vikings won, so I don't care!

Minnesota was the home team and they likely agreed to it because they made a lot more money that way; which is ultimately good for the franchise.

You tried to argue the fitness and speed of fat people. .

What I did was point out the utter BS of your "But...but...they're fit!" whine in trying to justify jog-ball in the face of its lack of popularity in the US.

Whoever knows what you're jibber-jabbering about. You thanked the post that stated football games, players run a mile and a quarter and soccer players run seven miles. Anyhow, you were arguing the speed and fitness of fat people and you put your idiocy on display.

Alright, that's like the nth post in a row, you've said nothing besides basically 'look at me, daddy.' I'm gonna have to stick a fork in ya. You're pathetic.

Alright, that's like the nth post in a row, you've said nothing besides basically 'look at me, daddy.' I'm gonna have to stick a fork in ya. You're pathetic.

No, it's "like" the 10th post in a row where I've tried to correct you only to find you are too stupid to comprehend written English.

Your little "But...but...they're fit!" whine has been torn to shreds and you have been making a fool of yourself ever since.

American football is pretty wild over here in Europe. The fans are crazy and love it.

American football is more likely to become more popular in Europe than soccer is in the US.

American football is pretty wild over here in Europe. The fans are crazy and love it.

Really? :confused:

Yea, a co-worker of mine just went to the Viking game in London. He said it was nuts, unlike any football game he has ever been to. They had main streets in London shut down with fests going on, he even saw Germans on the airplane back still fully dressed in viking helmets.

American football is more likely to become more popular in Europe than soccer is in the US.

Very unlikely. Very few play the game and there is no professional league. There is no infrastructure.

Forum List

Back