Our live stock herds in danger

We can eat the corn.

You obviously missed the stories of how corn has tripled in price because of ethanol production. There is no excess corn on the market, it is being bought up to make inefficient fuel with and driving the cost so high pig, chicken and cow ranchers can not afford to pay for the feed anymore.

Ohh and all supported by Obama.

You can not eat that which does not exist. Hell as I understand it, in an effort to make more money selling corn, farmers are not rotating crops and are in the process of destroying their fields.

We can eat the corn.

You obviously missed the stories of how corn has tripled in price because of ethanol production. There is no excess corn on the market, it is being bought up to make inefficient fuel with and driving the cost so high pig, chicken and cow ranchers can not afford to pay for the feed anymore.

You can not eat that which does not exist. Hell as I understand it, in an effort to make more money selling corn, farmers are not rotating crops and are in the process of destroying their fields.

My point was that we do not have to eat meat in order not to starve.
Have some lentils if hominy grits aren't your thing.

We can eat the corn.

Ya we don't need cheese or milk or any of the other products either right? You realize we tend to supply the world?

Ya we don't need cheese or milk or any of the other products either right? You realize we tend to supply the world?

Actually we don't need them. And we certainly don't need them in the quantities in which we consume them. More lentils and less cheeseburgers would be an improvement in many ways.

The stoopit libwals who want a green earth are determined to exterminate cows.. RSG,, best find some other form of protein.. This is a calculated move.. carbon imprints with methane are much to great..
:eusa_whistle::eusa_eh:

Corn is one of the most inefficient ways to produce bio-diesel... I've posted things on this before that algae producing dwarfs crop production in terms of both output and efficiency... and it is an existing technology

Corn is not even the proper way to fuel cows. It's like putting diesel in a natural gas tank.

We can eat the corn.

And all supported by DOLE< too. Another BIPARTISAN bit of foolishness.

Corn ethanol is a disaster.

But hey, it's a wonderful boon to the farmers who grow corn, isn't it?

Not all those quotes are mine. Plus see my following post to RGS.

Last edited:
We can eat the corn.

You can thank Iowa so called democrats for that. Currently the ex governor here is the Agriculture Secretary so you can imagine how life may be for the next eight years.

You can also thank Wells Fargo believe it or not. Most recently the largest ethanol producer in the world went into bankruptcy. Wells Fargo cut a deal at the bankruptcy court and left the guys who grew and stored the corn hanging with no payments for the corn. I did a post on that somewhere in here.

So with all that said, no it is not a good thing for the farmers. Many rural residents were also invited for "this special investment only available to rural residents here" for the ethanol producer going in that just went bankrupt.

We can eat the corn.

That would not surprise me. Greed comes from all sectors.

yeah, the thread title is indeed overly dramatic,

plus it ignores the facts of the article.

from the article...

"Abroad, the global recession has cut into demand for butter and cheese exported from the U.S.".

hehehe...apparently the masses don't want our expensive and excessive dairy products...

How about the fact that most of our free range no growth hormones beef is being bought up by England because the market for it here is not worth as much as the rancher selling it England and other European countries.
And as for corn they are developing a process where they can use whatever is left of the corn stock after food production to help with the cost of corn.

You can thank Iowa so called democrats for that.

ACtually the biggest cheerleadeer for ethanol was BOB DOLE who was working for the big agriculutual conglomerates

Currently the ex governor here is the Agriculture Secretary so you can imagine how life may be for the next eight years.

Bipartisan disasters...ya gotta love em. The keep proving that the party systems is basically bullshit don't they?

You can also thank Wells Fargo believe it or not. Most recently the largest ethanol producer in the world went into bankruptcy. Wells Fargo cut a deal at the bankruptcy court and left the guys who grew and stored the corn hanging with no payments for the corn. I did a post on that somewhere in here.

You should start a WELLS FARGO WATCH website.

Hell yes I'm serious.

So with all that said, no it is not a good thing for the farmers. Many rural residents were also invited for "this special investment only available to rural residents here" for the ethanol producer going in that just went bankrupt.

I stand corrected. Some family farmers got screwed.

BIG AGRICULTURAL CORORATIONS, I'll wager, did not.

Nothing new there, huh?

That's been going on now for decades.

This is about dairy Cows, but with the price of Corn so high the beef cow herds are being cut also. This keeps up and we may lead our own way to starvation.

Dairy cows head for slaughter as milk prices sour

what happened to feeding them grass? i can understand that would be near impossible up here in maine 8 months of the year, unless they grew enough in the summer to stock up for the winter?

i know i have been hearing the same up here....that the milk farmers are going to go under....

i just don't know enough about this all...i suppose...

Forum List

Back