Our Kennedy.

So did you want to provide some photos of Rosemary "at play" with the rest of the Kennedy's following her lobotomy...or did you want to admit that you were wrong when you accused me of "slandering" the Kennedy's when I said that she was hidden away in an institution?

John Fitzgerald Kennedy was President in 1962 and the "Camelot" myth making machine was in high gear. Your article by Eunice Shriver is a PERFECT example of how the Kennedy's put out stories about Rosemary Kennedy that fit the image of what they wanted the world to see and had little to do with the reality of what had been done to the oldest Kennedy daughter.

I'm still waiting to see some pictures of Rosemary taking part in the everyday life of the Kennedy's after her lobotomy! You accused me of slandering the Kennedy's when I said that didn't happen. So let's see the pictures of Rosemary with her family post lobotomy! Either that or admit that you naively bought into the Kennedy propaganda about the oldest daughter....

Admitting that one of the Kennedy family is mentally retarded is ""Camelot" myth making"?

Your deep hatred for anything Kennedy is clear. You only see 'evil'...

One that confounds good and evil is an enemy to good.
Edmund Burke

Pretending that Rosemary was put into an institution because the "competitive" nature of the Kennedy household was harmful to her is the "myth". She went into that institution because Joe Kennedy Senior had a lobotomy performed on her that pretty much turned her into a vegetable...and the REASON he did so was that he was worried her behavior might prove to be embarrassing to the political aspirations of their family. I'm not sure if I'd describe that as "evil" but it's fits the bill for disgusting.

I am sure Joe Kennedy made that decision based on a belief it would make his daughter better, not worse. But you continue to ascribe sinister motives to everything the Kennedy's did. That only tells us who you are, not the Kennedy's.

Admitting that one of the Kennedy family is mentally retarded is ""Camelot" myth making"?

Your deep hatred for anything Kennedy is clear. You only see 'evil'...

One that confounds good and evil is an enemy to good.
Edmund Burke

Pretending that Rosemary was put into an institution because the "competitive" nature of the Kennedy household was harmful to her is the "myth". She went into that institution because Joe Kennedy Senior had a lobotomy performed on her that pretty much turned her into a vegetable...and the REASON he did so was that he was worried her behavior might prove to be embarrassing to the political aspirations of their family. I'm not sure if I'd describe that as "evil" but it's fits the bill for disgusting.

I am sure Joe Kennedy made that decision based on a belief it would make his daughter better, not worse. But you continue to ascribe sinister motives to everything the Kennedy's did. That only tells us who you are, not the Kennedy's.

Yeah, and I suppose that's why Joe never told his wife what he was about to do to their daughter? The sad fact is that Joe made that decision based on what he thought would make his son's political aspirations better. He didn't want Rosemary to do anything that would embarrass the family. Joe Kennedy didn't accept failure from his children. He raised "winners".

So did you want to show me the pictures of Rosemary attending family functions after her lobotomy? Or did you want to admit that those very nice pictures you provided of a smiling and happy young lady all came from BEFORE that took place because AFTER Rosemary was hidden away out in Wisconsin!

Yeah, and I suppose that's why Joe never told his wife what he was about to do to their daughter? The sad fact is that Joe made that decision based on what he thought would make his son's political aspirations better. He didn't want Rosemary to do anything that would embarrass the family. Joe Kennedy didn't accept failure from his children. He raised "winners".

So did you want to show me the pictures of Rosemary attending family functions after her lobotomy? Or did you want to admit that those very nice pictures you provided of a smiling and happy young lady all came from BEFORE that took place because AFTER Rosemary was hidden away out in Wisconsin!

If Joe Kennedy made decisions based on what he thought would make his son's political aspirations better, or because he didn't want Rosemary to do anything that would embarrass the family, he would have left her home when he was appointed Ambassador to England. Especially in the 1930's when mental retardation or low IQ was highly stigmatized and seen as a moral deficiency.

Rosemary's "slowness" was unconventional and daring for a debut (two of the queen's nieces remained in a mental hospital because they were mentally ill).

AGAIN, your slander of the Kennedys only tells me who and what YOU are. You don't know someone elses motives, and you were not there.

And what were Joe's "motives" when he ordered a lobotomy performed on his daughter without informing his own wife...the child's MOTHER...of what he was about to do?

I guess I shouldn't waste my time asking you for those photos of Rosemary attending family functions after Joe took care of her...should I? Did you want to admit that you were full of shit with that claim now...or did you want to keep avoiding the subject?

And what were Joe's "motives" when he ordered a lobotomy performed on his daughter without informing his own wife...the child's MOTHER...of what he was about to do?

I guess I shouldn't waste my time asking you for those photos of Rosemary attending family functions after Joe took care of her...should I? Did you want to admit that you were full of shit with that claim now...or did you want to keep avoiding the subject?

It was a bad decision. I am sure a father would be heartbroken over how it turned out. But Kennedys don't have hearts, right Oldstyle? They are inherently evil.

There are no pictures. But she did occasionally visit relatives in Florida and Washington, D.C., and to her childhood home on Cape Cod. I admit I was wrong. Unlike you, I can admit when I am wrong.

Forum List

Back