Our Hispanic Future?

Much is made of our changing demographics, with special emphasis on the growing Latino population in the US. Mexican immigrants in particular have come under close scrutiny by those tracking demographic trends. Mexico alone has historically accounted for almost 2/3 of all Hispanic immigration to the US. Some people see (some people fear) a future America that looks predominantly Latino.

However, lately there has been a shift in immigration such that in recent years immigration from Mexico has actually fallen to a net of zero. Add to this the fact that fertility rates for Mexican women - and women from nearly all Latin American countries - have been falling sharply in recent years. Fertility rates for Hispanic Americans are falling as well, matching a trend long established among white American women.

I can read quite well and I understood, quite well, thank you. What is it that you are asserting? That there are no more Hispanics coming to America? Or that they aren't "re-producing"?

Just saw on the US News and world report today that by 2040, White America will be a minority and that the majority in these United States will be Hispanic. Is it your contention that these reports are false?

I recently visited relatives in San Diego (specifically, Chula Vista) where I personally heard in the news that San Diego is now a "Hispanic majority town" followed by whites and then blacks. Frankly, as a black man, I have never experienced the amount of blatant racisim that I (and my family) endured while we were there. By whites? Absolutely not. By Hispanics.

I guess some things never change, do they?
Blacks have a bad reputation that blankets the globe - it is incumbent on them to change it.
This country is more segregated than it has ever been. Are the chinese Americans accused of racism - they create china towns because they want to be with their own. That is normal behavior.The reason whites are targeted as racist is because the minorities want their shit - it is the Obamaturd fairness doctrine. As the white population declines - so will America. If it were up to the blacks to take care of the blacks they would be totaly fucked - same with the hispanics!

For the most part, I agree about my race. There is no arguing with the facts here, from Africa to the United States. One of my biggest "pet-peeves" is the axiom of "African-American". This (literally) drives me up the proverbial wall. I have traveled throughout the world, at one time or another, yet I have never stepped foot in Africa. I am NOT "African". I am "AMERICAN".

I was born to a Black Major in the United States Air Force and a Black woman who was a Chemist. Both born in the United States. I was born in the United States.

I am no more "african" than people born in the United States whose fore-bearers were from Scotland born with bag pipes in their blood. It is, however a valuable resource to maintain your "history", but seems like, for as long as I have been on this planet, folks have used this "idea" to keep a wedge between each other and members of MY race, from Jesse Jackson to Malcom X were the biggest purveyors of this nonsense.

Yes, president Obama, who touted himself as the "great uniter" has been anything but. Probably closer to the "great divider". I really don't think that it is an intentional purpose but rather he uses it as a means of a "reminder" to his constituency groups. Serves the same purpose, however. Blacks are no better off than the day he took office. And, until blacks break the "cycle of dependency" that has existed from generation to generation, nothing will ever change.

Additionally, until ALL groups can find gainful employment (in something OTHER than working for the government) separated "groups" will always be leery of each other.

I can read quite well and I understood, quite well, thank you. What is it that you are asserting? That there are no more Hispanics coming to America? Or that they aren't "re-producing"?

Did I say either of those things? If you can read and understand quite well you should be able to see what I clearly said.

Might I suggest that YOU read your original post.

Ok, I did. Nowhere did I say either of those things.

That would be 'too' late, not "to" late.

Did you read my entire post, or were you too eager to get to your bigoted nonsense?

Your post was ignorant from the start , idiot-Fertility rates for Hispanic Americans are falling as well- Bullshit

It's a fact.

Bullshit, go to any western state ,you never see a Mexican mother with less tha 3-5 kids wrapped around her legs pawing and grabbing and touching ever thing in sight jabbering in Spanish and most with no means of living except Obamas bankrupt social programs...

Your post was ignorant from the start , idiot-Fertility rates for Hispanic Americans are falling as well- Bullshit

It's a fact.

Bullshit, go to any western state ,you never see a Mexican mother with less tha 3-5 kids wrapped around her legs pawing and grabbing and touching ever thing in sight jabbering in Spanish and most with no means of living except Obamas bankrupt social programs...

I provided a link. Go look at the most recent US census if you like. You have provided nothing but "bullshit man, bullshit!"

Read carefully: IT IS A FACT.

It's a fact.

I can not add credence to your post, but I CAN add my own experiences while in California (that I consider the most racist state in the US). My wife and I stopped by a "Burger King" restaurant in Eastlake (suburb of San Diego - a couple of miles from the border) and the employees (Mexicans) refused to take our order or even acknowledge that we were there. We called the district office and were told "Sorry, it's an independently owned franchise" and offered to send us a "free meal". We declined.

Never had a person of any other ethnicity EVER treat me that way.

It's a fact.

I can not add credence to your post, but I CAN add my own experiences while in California (that I consider the most racist state in the US). My wife and I stopped by a "Burger King" restaurant in Eastlake (suburb of San Diego - a couple of miles from the border) and the employees (Mexicans) refused to take our order or even acknowledge that we were there. We called the district office and were told "Sorry, it's an independently owned franchise" and offered to send us a "free meal". We declined.

Never had a person of any other ethnicity EVER treat me that way.

I have been to California and what you are saying is pretty true, Mexicans really seem to hate Black people for some reason.

Question: So what if America becomes predominantly Hispanic?

So long as the Constitution stands, the rule of law is still followed, and The People control their own destiny, what's so bad about that? Isn't SELF government what the founding fathers envisioned for our future? Didn't they craft a precious document which ALLOWS changing demographics to do whatever they want with America? Isn't that what freedom and liberty is?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it except that I think it really boils down to a lot of people being AFRAID of a future in which white, Protestant's of European descent no longer have the final say. They're afraid America might change.

Big deal. It changes all the time and that's the beauty of it.

So long as the Constitution stands, the rule of law is still followed, and The People control their own destiny, what's so bad about that? Isn't SELF government what the founding fathers envisioned for our future? Didn't they craft a precious document which ALLOWS changing demographics to do whatever they want with America? Isn't that what freedom and liberty is?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it except that I think it really boils down to a lot of people being AFRAID of a future in which white, Protestant's of European descent no longer have the final say. They're afraid America might change.

Your dumb or blind or both - take a vacation down in Juarez, Mexico ,let know how it goes.....

Your dumb or blind or both - take a vacation down in Juarez, Mexico ,let know how it goes.....

Mexico is NOT the United States and there's no reason to presume we will become like them.

Did we become like Ireland when the Irish flooded into this country? No. Did we become like Germany when they came by the millions? No. Did we become like the Balkans or Scandanavia or Russia when they came here by the boat load? No.

We won't become like Mexico either.

I just can't get too worked up over immigrants. We're an immigrant country. Plus having raised animals all my life, I can't see a little genetic diversity as a bad thing.

I don't like unsecured borders, but that's a different issue entirely.

Much is made of our changing demographics, with special emphasis on the growing Latino population in the US. Mexican immigrants in particular have come under close scrutiny by those tracking demographic trends. Mexico alone has historically accounted for almost 2/3 of all Hispanic immigration to the US. Some people see (some people fear) a future America that looks predominantly Latino.

However, lately there has been a shift in immigration such that in recent years immigration from Mexico has actually fallen to a net of zero. Add to this the fact that fertility rates for Mexican women - and women from nearly all Latin American countries - have been falling sharply in recent years. Fertility rates for Hispanic Americans are falling as well, matching a trend long established among white American women.

American just can't tolerate multiculturalism. Look at our history!

/sarcasm

Once people realize that their specific race or ethnicity or culture doesn't own this country indefinitely and get hip to the notion that the concept that guides this country will be intact regardless of the changing demographics, then they will realize that it sociological trends really don't matter as much as they think they do.

Declining birthrates among all demographics is the issue we will all have to deal with together eventually.

Forum List

Back