Our German Shepherd Dog Is Eight Weeks Old

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
He is our third german shepherd so we named him Trey. We picked him up Friday afternoon and this is his first contact with his family since then:

Dear Mamadog

I miss you but not very much. In just a few days I have come from a short life of living in a commune where I had to hurry and eat my meals or watch bigger dogs get the food. They were constantly nipping me on the ears and nose and yelling at me. I was having to relieve myself inside a wire kennel on a dirt floor. Now I'm in an air conditioned place where I get all the good food I can eat....twice a day and an occasional treat. I can pee and poop on a soft, warm carpet and I get to go for walks in a big yard just about any time I want to...even in the middle of the night. Now this is the best part....you won't believe it. I have my own two humans. They hold me and rub me and do things for me almost constantly. I'm having a little trouble making them understand exactly what I want but if I work at it I believe that in a few weeks they will know everything I wish to do...24 hours a day.

Your son

Trey

Congrats on your new puppy! Put as you well know .... here at the USMB the unspoken rule is: pics or it didn't happen. :)

We had a white Shepard before. One of the best dogs we had.. Wish we had a bigger yard I would get another one..

We had a white Shepard before. One of the best dogs we had.. Wish we had a bigger yard I would get another one..

We didn't know much about what we were doing with our first big male.....about 19 years ago. Then when he was about six years old we got a female puppy which looked almost exactly like he did. I'm not kidding you, he raised her. She was his dog. When we put their food bowls out in the afternoon he wouldn't let her take a bite until he finished his. We used to laugh at them and the female, Dandi actually made a game of it. She would run in next to her bowl just to get him to bark and growl.....feeding time at the zoo LOL

I've looked at white shepherds and they're beautiful but it seems that the kennels around here have either the black and caramel or the black and silver.

We have about nine tenths acre of our place inclosed in a chain link fence. It makes an ideal place for the dogs.

LOL

He's the eight week old with the green collar:

Cherokee Springs Shepherds | Great German Shepherds

How cute!! What did you name him? I like shepards, especially the longer-haired ones.

Read the original post......he's Trey

Congratulations on your new puppy, Cammmpbell.
2012-10-13_DarkGreen_Male-150x150.jpg

This one? The caption below the picture said it's a male with a green collar. He's a beautiful puppy.​

Can't stand your politics but I love your new puppy.

I've had GSD's all my life. If you get a good one you've got the best dog on the planet.

We don't agree on anything politically.

But we will agree on this. I adore sheps. My first was when my dad came home with this pure white girl. Little did we know she was pregnant. Twelve. She threw twelve. :D

But my dad stopped a man (truck driver end of the station) from beating this wonderous girl to death.

Don't ask... but yeah the other guy took a whupping. Daddy came home with this girl.

White german shepherd. We named her Princess. I'm a fan because I love schutzund. I adore working dogs.

Hence my catahoulas. And now with Full Cry my future, my black and tan.

I know I'll find her out there.

Amen to your new baby.

Can't stand your politics but I love your new puppy.

I've had GSD's all my life. If you get a good one you've got the best dog on the planet.

You know what I love? It's that low slope to the back haunches. I love it. I adore the look of it.

Front chest to die for. Broad and titanic. Head staying in the middle. They are such gorgeous beasts.

And the power is in the back. What beasts they are. I love them.

Yes we want to see photos of pup!!!!:D:D

I had several German Shepherds while I was growing up ... I adore them!

Forum List

Back