Our galaxy compared to the largest galaxy we've found.

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

I doubt it's but one galaxy. Many, many, many fit within that sphere I would bet.
6 million years is nothing compared
This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

I doubt it's but one galaxy. Many, many, many fit within that sphere I would bet.
And don't forget all the galaxies behind those galaxies. It's very hard to comprehend. Then to think how far apart each of those dots are. They look close on a clear dark night. It blows me away to think those dots aren't stars they're possibly entire galaxies.

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/hs-2015-02-a-hires_jpg.jpg

The thing I love most about this view of M31 is off to the right, outside the galaxy, viewing all those little dots that are individual galaxies. *swoon*

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

And don't forget all the galaxies behind those galaxies. It's very hard to comprehend. Then to think how far apart each of those dots are. They look close on a clear dark night. It blows me away to think those dots aren't stars they're possibly entire galaxies.

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/thumbnails/image/hs-2015-02-a-hires_jpg.jpg

The thing I love most about this view of M31 is off to the right, outside the galaxy, viewing all those little dots that are individual galaxies. *swoon*
We have just begun to learn where we are and what all is out there. Think about how much more we know today than even 20 years ago. We don't realize it but we have lived in some pretty cool times. We've learned a lot just recently. Everybody is sad because we probably won't find life on other planets in our lifetime but we know they are out there

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

We have just begun to learn where we are and what all is out there. Think about how much more we know today than even 20 years ago. We don't realize it but we have lived in some pretty cool times. We've learned a lot just recently. Everybody is sad because we probably won't find life on other planets in our lifetime but we know they are out there

Nah, I'm pretty confident that either "life," or a legit habitable world will be found within the next 20 year. I also believe we are on the verge of discovering the properties of Dark Matter sometime after the year 2021 in Switzerland. I just wish we hadn't wasted the last 60 years of space travel.

If, and when, we prove life exists either in our solar system, or outside of it, will the governments/religions risk telling us?

Because that's a whole new can of worms they'll open, that may make people realize a whole new perspective on life on Earth.

And possibly question their devotion to their political/religious rulers. Jus sayin... It's a big gamble if they reveal it, and it may very well backfire.

Of course we get updates on all the new possibilities of alien life on moons in the solar system regularly. But when it's actually found, or SETI finds a confirmed alien signal from outside the solar system, will the public be told in a reasonable amount of time? Or will it be held back until undeniable?

It really bugs me to think that when we actually do find it, we the people, may never find out! Because that final realization by the public, does not benefit the people in power...

Unless of course, they find a way to make it something that makes them stronger.

Just my 2 cents... :)

No matter how small earth is, aliens have already programmed the humans to kill each other.

A 100 years ago, UFO crashes were reported in news papers, and people accepted them without fuss. In one Texas town they even organized and went to the funeral of the alien. Then now 100 years later the government moved the grave.

If, and when, we prove life exists either in our solar system, or outside of it, will the governments/religions risk telling us?

Because that's a whole new can of worms they'll open, that may make people realize a whole new perspective on life on Earth.

And possibly question their devotion to their political/religious rulers. Jus sayin... It's a big gamble if they reveal it, and it may very well backfire.

Of course we get updates on all the new possibilities of alien life on moons in the solar system regularly. But when it's actually found, or SETI finds a confirmed alien signal from outside the solar system, will the public be told in a reasonable amount of time? Or will it be held back until undeniable?

It really bugs me to think that when we actually do find it, we the people, may never find out! Because that final realization by the public, does not benefit the people in power...

Unless of course, they find a way to make it something that makes them stronger.

Just my 2 cents... :)

There are three essential questions we may ask, none with a simple answer: When did life originate? Where did life originate? How did life originate? How does a mix of nonliving chemicals become living? From a scientific perspective, we may find clues for how life may have originated by finding the oldest signs of life possible. We can't ever be sure that what we find is the oldest life on Earth.

We do know that for the first 600 million years or so of its existence, Earth was not a safe environment for life. But around 3.9 billion years ago, things quieted down, after what is known as the Late Heavy Bombardment.

One of the oldest pieces of accepted evidence for life dates from 3.25 billion-year-old hydrothermal vent deposits at Pilbara Craton in Australia. The dates there can be pushed to 3.48 billion years ago. How do scientists date such old rocks? Using well-known radioactive decay techniques based on unstable isotopes found on the site.

Interestingly, chemical fingerprints from the mineralization process show that those living creatures had already a complex metabolism, indicating that earlier, simpler life existed.

Life shouldn't be hard to find in other planets or moons out there, including Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, or Enceladus, belonging to Saturn. Both have oceans of liquid water under a thick icy crust and show promising signs of hydrothermal vent activity.

However old first life was, we know that living creatures with sophisticated metabolisms were moving about and reproducing at least 400 million years after the Late Heavy Bombardment, a blink of an eye in geological time. If anything, this tells us that whatever that early life was, it took advantage of the primal Earth environment to blossom. And, since then, it never stopped — at least on this planet.

We don't even know if the cloud is still there.

Maybe it is and maybe it is not.

People forget that seeing is not always believing.

Light takes time to flash through space too.
Not if it goes faster than light.

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

Nobody thinks to ask the critical question, "what's the CO2 level in this galaxy?"

Who gives a fuck....
If you didn't read the link above I just re read one of them and I got the idea that there may be a mega structure surrounding an EXO planet. Maybe their planet isn't inhabitable anymore so they built a small moon size spaceship that orbits the sun. Just because earth is uninhabitable doesn't mean we go extinct. The mega ship would stay in the sweet spot. If there were once martians they didn't figure out how to get off Mars before it went bad. They could have built a mega ship and lived on it till earth was inhabitable.

Are you referring to Tabby's Star?

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

Nobody thinks to ask the critical question, "what's the CO2 level in this galaxy?"

Who gives a fuck....
If you didn't read the link above I just re read one of them and I got the idea that there may be a mega structure surrounding an EXO planet. Maybe their planet isn't inhabitable anymore so they built a small moon size spaceship that orbits the sun. Just because earth is uninhabitable doesn't mean we go extinct. The mega ship would stay in the sweet spot. If there were once martians they didn't figure out how to get off Mars before it went bad. They could have built a mega ship and lived on it till earth was inhabitable.

I don't think so

So to begin our "Year in SETI" review, let's start with an amazing object known as the WTF star. That's short for "Where's The Flux." Astronomers found the WTF star by accident in their search for exoplanets using the Kepler space telescope (it was actually found via a Kepler-based citizen science project).

or something else). One of Wright's contributions was to map out the different families of explanations for the WTF star. Among these possibilities were "non-natural" explanations, like huge machines orbiting the star. Work was even done to calculate the properties an orbiting artificial structure would be need to make the WTF star appear so abnormal.
Taking Stock In The Search For Aliens

This is mind blowing.

NU6uN8A.png

Who gives a fuck....

I don't think so

So to begin our "Year in SETI" review, let's start with an amazing object known as the WTF star. That's short for "Where's The Flux." Astronomers found the WTF star by accident in their search for exoplanets using the Kepler space telescope (it was actually found via a Kepler-based citizen science project).

or something else). One of Wright's contributions was to map out the different families of explanations for the WTF star. Among these possibilities were "non-natural" explanations, like huge machines orbiting the star. Work was even done to calculate the properties an orbiting artificial structure would be need to make the WTF star appear so abnormal.

Yes, thats AKA: Tabby's Star

Finally, an explanation for the "alien megastructure?"

Who gives a fuck....

I don't think so

Your link just provides a couple of theories but not a definitive explanation. You get that right?

they determined that the star likely consumed a planet (or planets) in the past, likely around 10,000 years ago.

These results are not only the best explanation of this star's strange behavior, they could have serious implications for the study of stellar evolution – in which stars gobble up some of their planets over time.

No doubt, the mystery of Tabby's star will endure for some time to come. We can only hope that with ongoing observation, we might sort out exactly what is taking place in this far-flung system. But for the time being, the possibility that what are we seeing is the star returning to its normal state, and being occasionally dimmed by transiting pieces of debris, is the most plausible explanation yet.

Suffice it to say, the alien megastructure enthusiasts will likely be taking this latest study with a grain of salt! You have to admit, a megastructures is a VERY enticing possibility!

Read more at: Finally, an explanation for the "alien megastructure?"

Who gives a fuck....

I don't think so

Your link just provides a couple of theories but not a definitive explanation. You get that right?

they determined that the star likely consumed a planet (or planets) in the past, likely around 10,000 years ago.

These results are not only the best explanation of this star's strange behavior, they could have serious implications for the study of stellar evolution – in which stars gobble up some of their planets over time.

No doubt, the mystery of Tabby's star will endure for some time to come. We can only hope that with ongoing observation, we might sort out exactly what is taking place in this far-flung system. But for the time being, the possibility that what are we seeing is the star returning to its normal state, and being occasionally dimmed by transiting pieces of debris, is the most plausible explanation yet.

Suffice it to say, the alien megastructure enthusiasts will likely be taking this latest study with a grain of salt! You have to admit, a megastructures is a VERY enticing possibility!

Read more at: Finally, an explanation for the "alien megastructure?"

If it was an alien megastructure I'd think the dimming periods would be more regular, then again, I'm no expert in alien megastrustures

KIC 8462852 is the star that's roughly 1500 light years away from our cosmic neighborhood. It's an unbelievably huge distance and honestly I do not see how anyone here on Earth can possibly give a definitive explanation for its peculiar behaviour . We are just too far from that sollar system. Scientists have to be very careful when collecting evidence and presenting it to the general public.

As a rule, people well versed in science do not jump to conslusions unlike conspiracy nuts and guys who cannot let a day go by without seeing someone being abducted by aliens that's why they wrote that the possibility of all those debris being a large-scale space station orbiting the distant star is enticing but is very unlikely.

I think THEY THINK :woohoo:that aliens capable of constructing massive artificial objects the size of a planet or even several planets would have already spread out across our galaxy and beyond and we would have met them long time ago.

Last edited:
Humans are made in the image of God as the Bible says, just one little bitty step below God. That they came from monkeys is fake news.

KIC 8462852 is the star that's roughly 1500 light years away from our cosmic neighborhood. It's an unbelievably huge distance and honestly I do not see how anyone here on Earth can possibly give a definitive explanation for its peculiar behaviour . We are just too far from that sollar system. Scientists have to be very careful when collecting evidence and presenting it to the general public.

As a rule, people well versed in science do not jump to conslusions unlike conspiracy nuts and guys who cannot let a day go by without seeing someone being abducted by aliens that's why they wrote that the possibility of all those debris being a large-scale space station orbiting the distant star is enticing but is very unlikely.

I think THEY THINK :woohoo:that aliens capable of constructing massive artificial objects the size of a planet or even several planets would have already spread out across our galaxy and beyond and we would have met them long time ago.

Then they must not realize how far the distance is because even those smart aliens probably can't travel that fast or far.

Humans are made in the image of God as the Bible says, just one little bitty step below God. That they came from monkeys is fake news.

Without your bible, the koran or torrah, can you prove god exists? In other words without your cult brainwashing do you have any other evidence for your imaginary friend? Because we have mountains of scientific evidence for evolution.

OMG I can't believe you actually believe you are a god, who will live forever in paradise. Boy do you think a lot of yourself. Just one itty bitty step below god?

Let me tell you something lady. You are the perfect example of just how dumb the human species is. The fact that you could post that with a straight face tells me you are so fucking far out there I shouldn't even waste one more second trying to explain to you how

Lol, brainwashing is truly amazing. Dude, you're no better then the islamic students in the schools hamas sets up to teach strict religious crap.

Assholes like you should be deported to Antarctica for your own good.

Last edited:

Lol, brainwashing is truly amazing. Dude, you're no better then the islamic students in the schools hamas sets up to teach strict religious crap.

Assholes like you should be deported to Antarctica for your own.
Did you hear about the Republican town hall where the guy was arrested for asking why the meeting was being held at a church.

Religious people are unable to question authority'. You can't be scientific that way

Forum List

Back