Our Future if we close our refineries...

Well now, anyone can have power that has a southfacing roof. And there is a firm in Oregon that is making electric motorcycles.

BRAMMO Enertia powercycle : 100% Electric Motorcycle : Home

One might also look up the RAV4 Electric Toyota, and consider that those were the specs for a vehicle made in 1994. Been a bit of progress on batteries since then. Were Ford, GM, or Chrysler to make a real effort on this front, we would need neither the refineries, or oil from Venzuela or any other place.

How many Bushles of Oganically Grown Tomatoes will fit on an electric motorcycle?

There you go again... Blaming Bushels for everything....

Well now, anyone can have power that has a southfacing roof. And there is a firm in Oregon that is making electric motorcycles.

BRAMMO Enertia powercycle : 100% Electric Motorcycle : Home

One might also look up the RAV4 Electric Toyota, and consider that those were the specs for a vehicle made in 1994. Been a bit of progress on batteries since then. Were Ford, GM, or Chrysler to make a real effort on this front, we would need neither the refineries, or oil from Venzuela or any other place.

How many Bushles of Oganically Grown Tomatoes will fit on an electric motorcycle?

There you go again... Blaming Bushels for everything....

:eusa_hand:

Surely, you don't expect me to take any personal responsibility!:(

BUUUUUUUuuuuuuUUUUUUSSSSSSHHHHHH..les!!!!!
:muahaha:

Smith Electric Vehicles (SEV)

TOP SPEED:
50 mph

RANGE/CHARGE:
up to 100 miles

PAYLOAD:
up to 16,280 lbs

Motor:
120 kw induction motor

Battery:
Lithium-Ion Iron Phosphate

GVW:
16,535 lbs, 23,148 lbs or 26,455 lbs

Battery Charger:
Installed Full battery recharge:
6-8 hours

I really think these vehicles are great, and should be used in urban environments.

And 85% of the USA lives in areas which we could call "urban."

However, the USA is also a relatively large country whose transportation demands are well over 100 miles.

Currently there is no technology that economically meets these demands that is not fossil fuel (unrenewable resource) based, and refineries are the only means of creating deisel and gasoline.

Frankly, as gasoline becomes more expensive, and eventually becomes unavailable, I'm hoping to not only see "greener" resources replace it, but also movement of populations from urban areas to small towns where food, clothing, and shelter (materials) will be produced locally, and much less expensively transported to a local population.

oh yeah. Gasoline isn't going to become obsolete tomorrow.

Really I feel the electric car with a weed eater / motor cycle type on board gas engine is the future "high end" vehicle.

Something with pure electric drive, the gas motor never turns the crank. The gas motor is just there to spin an alternator (Or two or three) when the charge starts to run down.

That way I can do 90% of my driving on electric, 30 miles to work, plug in, 20 miles to the gym, 10 more home, plug in overnight. BUT if something comes up, like the lights go out or I need to drive to Kansas City, I'm not stuck waiting hours for the darned fella to charge.

Then we'll have batteries to dispose of instead of the usual fossil fuel pollutants in the air.

Then we'll had over money to the extension cord and battery companies instead of the bastard relatives of Saudi royalty.

TOP SPEED:
50 mph

RANGE/CHARGE:
up to 100 miles

PAYLOAD:
up to 16,280 lbs

Motor:
120 kw induction motor

Battery:

GVW:

Battery Charger:
6-8 hours

I really think these vehicles are great, and should be used in urban environments.

However, the USA is also a relatively large country whose transportation demands are well over 100 miles.

Currently there is no technology that economically meets these demands that is not fossil fuel (unrenewable resource) based, and refineries are the only means of creating deisel and gasoline.

Frankly, as gasoline becomes more expensive, and eventually becomes unavailable, I'm hoping to not only see "greener" resources replace it, but also movement of populations from urban areas to small towns where food, clothing, and shelter (materials) will be produced locally, and much less expensively transported to a local population.

Really I feel the electric car with a weed eater / motor cycle type on board gas engine is the future "high end" vehicle.

Something with pure electric drive, the gas motor never turns the crank. The gas motor is just there to spin an alternator (Or two or three) when the charge starts to run down.

That way I can do 90% of my driving on electric, 30 miles to work, plug in, 20 miles to the gym, 10 more home, plug in overnight. BUT if something comes up, like the lights go out or I need to drive to Kansas City, I'm not stuck waiting hours for the darned fella to charge.

Then we'll have batteries to dispose of instead of the usual fossil fuel pollutants in the air.

Then we'll had over money to the extension cord and battery companies instead of the bastard relatives of Saudi royalty.

You think that current oil co owners will not be buying into battery companies?

Did you know that gas, tire and auto companies used to buy up streetcar comapnies just to shut them down to sell more of their products?
Just a bit of trivia.

Interesting. Here in Portland, Oregon, on days when it is not raining, I have seen some of the younger neighbors with trailers for their bicycles actually bringing a bunch of groceries home. And some of them have SUV's setting in the driveway.

I like your choice of a driver, but were I to adopt one, my Lakota wife would collect two scalps.

Well, I suppose you could tie a lean-to across the wife, and have her haul groceries for you. Lakota's are deceptively strong and hearty. I bet she could drag 200 lbs of organic ground buffalo home, given the proper encouragement.

You missed the point about them being strong and hearty. Strong and hearty enough that I would be the one dragging the buffalo home.

TOP SPEED:
50 mph

RANGE/CHARGE:
up to 100 miles

PAYLOAD:
up to 16,280 lbs

Motor:
120 kw induction motor

Battery:

GVW:

Battery Charger:
6-8 hours

Been done;

Electric Mini: 0-60 in 4 Seconds: It Has Motors In Its Wheels : TreeHugger

British engineering firm has put together a high-performance hybrid version of BMW's Mini Cooper. The PML Mini QED has a top speed of 150 mph, a 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds. The car uses a small gasoline engine with four 160 horsepower electric motors — one on each wheel. The car has been designed to run for four hours of combined urban/extra urban driving, powered only by a battery and bank of ultra capacitors. The QED supports an all-electric range of 200-250 miles and has a total range of about 932 miles (1,500 km). For longer journeys at higher speeds, a small conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) is used to re-charge the battery. In this hybrid mode, fuel economies of up to 80mpg can be achieved.

Explains Martin Boughtwood, PML’s MD: “Until now, most electric vehicles have been little more than souped-up milk floats, limited by range and speed, with compromised performance. For those with a green conscience who also value an enhanced motoring experience, there is still something missing.

Damn. Let's hope I don't pull a front lane next to one of those at a stoplight!

No brakes, interesting using the motors entirely for that. I wanna drive it.

Interesting. Here in Portland, Oregon, on days when it is not raining, I have seen some of the younger neighbors with trailers for their bicycles actually bringing a bunch of groceries home. And some of them have SUV's setting in the driveway.

I like your choice of a driver, but were I to adopt one, my Lakota wife would collect two scalps.

Well, I suppose you could tie a lean-to across the wife, and have her haul groceries for you. Lakota's are deceptively strong and hearty. I bet she could drag 200 lbs of organic ground buffalo home, given the proper encouragement.

You missed the point about them being strong and hearty. Strong and hearty enough that I would be the one dragging the buffalo home.

You must be a white.

Yep, near pure paleface. Actually, a bit of a role reversal. She was raised in the city, and most of my youth was in a very rural environment.

Yep, near pure paleface. Actually, a bit of a role reversal. She was raised in the city, and most of my youth was in a very rural environment.

Yes, a bit of a role reversal...sounds like she stole you from Little House On The Prarie and added you to her string of captives

Forum List

Back