Our furry friends.

lion-carrying-impala-500.jpg

Yeah, what kind of an asshole would shoot a magnificent creature like a wolf from the comfort and safety of a low flying airplane?

Because they are TASTY!!!! I just hasd a very tasty venison burger for dinner last night!!!! gone a have another for lunch!!!!

How can anyone who HURTS animals call themselves HUMAN!!?? What kind of SICKNESS would drive a person to hurt defenseless creatures who are capable of LOVE and feeling PAIN? UNCONDITIONAL LOVE is the gift that our furry friends offer us and all they ask in return is to be cared for and LOVED in kind.

I don't believe one should be cruel to animals. I have pets, and livestock, and treat them well.
I hunt and fish, and always try to make the kill as quick as possible and never waste the meat.

I never said not to use animals for our need but there is NO reason not to treat them humanly even game and farm animals.
The principle reason to not treat them humanly is that they are not human.

I say we should treat them like cattle.

Last edited:
I never said not to use animals for our need but there is NO reason not to treat them humanly even game and farm animals.

Depends.

How do you feel about being a baseball mitt?

That raises a good question. I have a good friend who is a taxidermist. I had another friend who wanted to be "stuffed" when he died, standing with both hands displaying his raised middle fingers.

For some odd reason, that was deemed illegal and the county morgue would not release the body to a taxidermist.

I say, if you want to be stuffed, or made into baseball gloves, or skull ashtrays, or an ex-human marionette that it should be legal. This is simply an attack on the right to free choice of the dead.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even cattle can be treated with a certain level of decency to minumize suffering and there is even a bonus for us meat eaters........We won't be eating DISEASED MEAT!!! The cattle industry is MORE than happy to put "downer" cows into the meat system if they can but if we expect certain levels of space and movement for cattle it is less likely to happen. Same thing with poulty and swine, better living conditions mean a safer end product.

By the way would anyone here buy a puppy from a "puppy mill"?

Ohh you mean better than we treat some humans?

I treat game better than humans in that I try to make it quick kill, and use all the meat.

Conversly, if I decide to shoot a human, I make it slow and painful, and leave the meat for the buzzards........

Yep........if you scare the meat before killing it, it will tense up and be very tough.

Clean kills are the best way to go. Matter of fact, whenever I catch a fish, as soon as I take out the hook, I knock it on the back of the skull with my knife butt just before gutting them.

I release most of the fish I catch, unless I kill them in the process or they appear to be very good eating.
Fish are very stupid. i offer as proof of that the fact that I have caught several trout with lures (not mine) in their mouth.

The other thing I try to tell my customers is that be careful where they shoot an elk. When someone shoots an elk in a 'bad' spot, like shooting from the rim of a canyon and the elk is at the bottom, the only way to get it out is usually to quarter it and pack it out. When you quarter the animal without aging it, at least a little, the meat stays very tough. I have had elk that retrieved by quartering it that was so tough you couldn't stick a fork in the gravy, much less the meat.

Forum List

Back