Our founding fathers were not Christian

You're right KK. They absolutely believed that the state should condone no one religion over the others.

Likewise, they were adamantly opposed the the government choosing any one religion, interfering with any religion, or discriminating against anyone for voicing their religious beliefs.

Which is the problem with the leftie attitude that anyone who dares to adhere to a specific Christian ideology should be "shut up" and expelled from government, school, or anywhere else.

Illusion, you wouldn't know "intellectual" if it sat on your face and wiggled.
Or if you sat on it's face and wiggled.
Either way.

if this is true, then perhaps you would oblige us all with a demonstration?

that would seal what you say in the form of useless insult far better than uh...useless insult, and actually add content at the same time.

or, you could take consistantly the low road and be an example of nothing.

Hence the difference between philosophy and debate. Lay philosophy consists of unsupported ramblings and wishful thinking.

Debate consists of argument backed up by fact. And a deft touch.

I have written lengthy prose before like Jamie, and had the same thing told to me as you said to Jamie about length. Why is it people will spend hours on a message board reading thread after thread and post after post, but complain about a post being long?

Because the too long thread is nothing but a self-absorbed rambling.

We are a Republic filled with some Christians and other belief systems. Some of our founding fathers were Christian. We are not a Christian nation though. Where that the case, that would go against the First Amendment. Big difference between a nation of Christians and a Christian nation.

Which founding fathers were Christian?

Jamie

Why don't YOU tell us? From your OP:

Yes, there were Christian men among the Founders.

Hence the difference between philosophy and debate. Lay philosophy consists of unsupported ramblings and wishful thinking.

I have written lengthy prose before like Jamie, and had the same thing told to me as you said to Jamie about length. Why is it people will spend hours on a message board reading thread after thread and post after post, but complain about a post being long?

Because most large posts consist of "content" and not "blithering" and "bickering". Normally they dont contain the general discussion..they contain something intellectual and people dont usually like to read so much because it will make them "think". Such is the anti intellectualism of America.

Jamie

You mean like the condescending tone being emitted from the intellectual content above?

We are a Republic filled with some Christians and other belief systems. Some of our founding fathers were Christian. We are not a Christian nation though. Where that the case, that would go against the First Amendment. Big difference between a nation of Christians and a Christian nation.

Exactly. They were men who knew what an organized religion could do to government and to the people's freedom.

You're right KK. They absolutely believed that the state should condone no one religion over the others.

Likewise, they were adamantly opposed the the government choosing any one religion, interfering with any religion, or discriminating against anyone for voicing their religious beliefs.

Which is the problem with the leftie attitude that anyone who dares to adhere to a specific Christian ideology should be "shut up" and expelled from government, school, or anywhere else.

Really? And where has that happened?

It's because Christian Zionists (who formed a large percentage of the original European immigrants to this country) believe that America is the Promised Land and they were the New Jews.

And they weren't exactly not Christian, but they were Deists, believing that God influenced the world only through the laws of nature, and anyone who believes in the Bible being literal will tell you that that is not Christianity.

Why -- OH! WHY??!!?? -- cannot somebody ever offer an OP that is verbose?

'Cause THAT'S what makes a message board; an amazingly verbose OP would be EVER so helpful!

But can we get one HERE?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Because most large posts consist of "content" and not "blithering" and "bickering". Normally they dont contain the general discussion..they contain something intellectual and people dont usually like to read so much because it will make them "think". Such is the anti intellectualism of America.

Jamie

Do you have any evidence to back this claim of is this just your opinion? :)

Just the opposite. Because lengthy posts are geerally indicative of a poster's inatuation with his own fatuous commentary, and lacks anything worth listening or responding to.

Jamie

you bear a striking resemblance in your posting style to a gnat. if you have to ask such a question, then i am not even sure you deserve an answer.

Just the opposite. Because lengthy posts are geerally indicative of a poster's inatuation with his own fatuous commentary, and lacks anything worth listening or responding to.

and books even more so?

it might surprise you, but some things just can't be said in a forum equivilent of a 30 second soiund bite.

patrick henry?

"men may cry peace, peace, but there is no peace (it is sometimes wondered if he wasn't getting any).

is life so dear or peace so sweet to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? forbid it almighty god!...

as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"

Like I stated before about cyberstalking, Allie. You remind me of a groupie. Amanda as well.

Jamie

Jamie

you bear a striking resemblance in your posting style to a gnat. if you have to ask such a question, then i am not even sure you deserve an answer.

Known a lot of gnats, huh? :lol:

It was a simple question, to someone else (er... theoretically), and it's how message boards work. If you post something as opinion that's fine, if you post something as fact the burden of proof is on you. If you can't prove it we're all free to assume you're talking out of your ass.

That you or your alter ego Jamie would take offense and start throwing insults over a request to back your claim says a lot more about you than it does about me.

But please, don't stop with the "impotent rage"-style posting, it's funny.

Forum List

Back