Our economy owed to trump?

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
Our low unemployment rate didn't happen because of Trump. Nevertheless, dumb ass right wingers think these things did. Trump told them the unemployment rate was 20%, maybe 40%, they believed it, because they're stupid. Now, the same office that reported unemployment of 4.5% under Obama that Trump said was false reports 4%, and it's instantly true.

The stock markets rose 149% during Obama, but by talking to a right winger you'd think they'd fallen 90%. Then the markets rise further under Trump, and they fall on their knees to pray thanks to Him, like he's a God. Trump's tax cuts put an additional charge in the economy that it didn't need, at a cost of hundreds of billions of revenue to the treasury every year, and now deficits are expanding at a time they should be contracting.

If we have a trillion dollar deficit in a strong economy, what are we going to get when the economy inevitably rolls over? We're going to get $2 trillion. We will be fucked.

When the economy tanks, Trump will blame someone else. It's what he does.

With Trump, it's always someone else's fault
When the tech-stock bubble was going up the Left Wingers were saying that Billyboy Clinton was an economic genius. But when tech-stock bubble burst and the stock market tanked and we went into a recession, they blamed Bush for it.

Our low unemployment rate didn't happen because of Trump. Nevertheless, dumb ass right wingers think these things did. Trump told them the unemployment rate was 20%, maybe 40%, they believed it, because they're stupid. Now, the same office that reported unemployment of 4.5% under Obama that Trump said was false reports 4%, and it's instantly true.

The stock markets rose 149% during Obama, but by talking to a right winger you'd think they'd fallen 90%. Then the markets rise further under Trump, and they fall on their knees to pray thanks to Him, like he's a God. Trump's tax cuts put an additional charge in the economy that it didn't need, at a cost of hundreds of billions of revenue to the treasury every year, and now deficits are expanding at a time they should be contracting.

If we have a trillion dollar deficit in a strong economy, what are we going to get when the economy inevitably rolls over? We're going to get $2 trillion. We will be fucked.
Whoa... now that you've gotten that foaming at the mouth, fact-free, hyperbolic rant off your chest, do you feel better about yourself? :eek:

"I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!" -- Howard Beale, Network

Whoa... now that you've gotten that foaming at the mouth, fact-free, hyperbolic rant off your chest, do you feel better about yourself? :eek:

"I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not going to take this anymore!" -- Howard Beale, Network
What part of that was "fact free"? Those are all well.documented points.

When the tech-stock bubble was going up the Left Wingers were saying that Billyboy Clinton was an economic genius. But when tech-stock bubble burst and the stock market tanked and we went into a recession, they blamed Bush for it.

Which recession, George the dumber governed over 2 recessions. That takes talent.

Which recession, George the dumber governed over 2 recessions. That takes talent.

Doesn't take any talent, it's just a matter of Prince George's poor timing relative to the business cycle. :p

Partisan Republicans: Yes, all of it is Trump
Partisan Democrats: No, none of it is Trump
The rest of us: I don't give a shit. I want the country to prosper regardless

How true, fortunately or unfortunately wanting our country to prosper makes you a partisan Republican these days.

How true, fortunately or unfortunately wanting our country to prosper makes you a partisan Republican these days.
Yup, such is partisan politics.

Bush inherited Billyboy Clinton's Tech-Stock Bubble recession.
The Real Estate Bubble recession aka the Great Recession was caused by Clinton the Democratic Party's mortgage policies. They lowered the mortgage lending standards and they forced banks to make risky loans. They left Bush holding the bag when the bottom fell out.

Well Simone, your reason is very simple, and ridiculous. Clinton didn't invade Iraq, cut taxes across the board or declare a war on a noun, i.e. Terrorism. He in fact tried those who attacked the WTC, and those who planned this first attack who lived, or still in jail after a trial as American Jurisprudence requires.

So the recession that started in March of 2001, less than 45 days after Bush was inaugurated is on Bush, however the economic growth 18 months after Trump was inaugurated is on Obama?

Seems like more partisan BS to me.

Running up deficits during a strong economy is as fiscally irresponsible as it gets.

So the recession that started in March of 2001, less than 45 days after Bush was inaugurated is on Bush, however the economic growth 18 months after Trump was inaugurated is on Obama?

Bush was a disaster, that isn’t partisan...

Bush inherited Billyboy Clinton's Tech-Stock Bubble recession.
The Real Estate Bubble recession aka the Great Recession was caused by Clinton the Democratic Party's mortgage policies. They lowered the mortgage lending standards and they forced banks to make risky loans. They left Bush holding the bag when the bottom fell ou

You're such a fucking IDIOT........

Did you "forget" that GWB ALSO started TWO un-funded wars?
Did you "forget" that GWB ALSO gave us an un-funded Medicare Advantage?

I agree, however to blame him for the economy after less than 45 days into his term and then claim Trump isn't responsible for the economy 18 months is, is still partisan BS.

Doesn't take any talent, it's just a matter of Prince George's poor timing relative to the business cycle. :p
W was at least partially the cause of the second, which Obama inherited. Personally I give the Bernank most of the credit for avoiding deflation in that one, but it was as near as we've come since 1929.

But to Edward's point, yes Trump's appetite for spending dwarfs any dem's including even Obamas, who actually offered to cut growth in soc sec and medicare.

What's happened to the GOP in Trump's takeover of what once claimed to be a fiscally responsible party, is that the economic theorists in the party gambled that a trillion and a half in taxcuts - to corporations and largely the 1% - would increase gnp so much as to not only pay for the tax cut but get enough growth so that we won't have to choose between defense and soc sec/medicare something around 2030. That's Mitch the Turtle and Ayn Ryan's major accomplishment. I think it's really just a payoff to the 1%, but that's jmo. Others in the party - Rubio - argued the taxcuts should go to working families.

Meanwhile interest rates are increasing and govt revenues being outstripped by new spending. The Trumpbots don't get their own set of facts, and real facts will have real consequences.

I agree, however to blame him for the economy after less than 45 days into his term and then claim Trump isn't responsible for the economy 18 months is, is still partisan BS.
True. But the current economy is being greatly exaggerated by partisans. First quarter was only 2.2% growth, not really booming. Wages still stagnant. Unemployment low, but the same partisans said it’s about the participation rate, which is still really low. Stock market been unstable since trump policies have really been in effect....

What does this make you thinker?
New York attorney general sues Trump and family over charity, claiming 'illegal conduct' for 'more than a decade'
  • New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood sued President Donald Trump, three of his adult children, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump, and the Donald J. Trump Foundation charity on Thursday.
  • Underwood alleges "a pattern of persistent illegal conduct" for more than a decade that included "extensive unlawful political coordination with the Trump presidential campaign."
  • The AG is seeking $2.8 million in restitution and wants to dissolve the foundation.

Forum List

Back