Our economy is roaring back with a vengence.....not

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Under theheader ‘OneSony’, it will start by laying off 10,000 employees – as reported by Reuters earlier– and projects to spend 75 billion yen (roughly $926 million) on restructuring in fiscal year2012, which ends March 31, 2013.

We should point out, however, that thejob cuts also includeemployees expected to transfer to external companies as part of thesale of businesses and other ‘realignments’. Not that it makes the lay-offs a positivething, but noteworthy.

Yesterday, the company announced that it expects a massive$6.4 billion net loss for the full year ended March 31, 2012.

Sony Confirms 10,000 Job Cuts, Reveals Turn-Around Strategy

10000 jobs from one company. 6.4 billion in losses from one company.

Yep things are looking better.

/sarcasm

• Banned
Other ‘One Sony’ initiatives include a clearfocus on emerging markets such as India and Mexico for expansion and to create new businesses

That ought to help also eh

• Banned
福祉のチェックをしてく ださい私はできますか? Fukushi no chekku o shite kudasai watashi wa dekimasu ka?

Yes I heard about this a couple of days ago. It's sad to me that the wrong answer of spending more keeps being done yet when it fails it blames small Government or not spending enough.

At what point do we get to just balance the budget and see if that helps? Anyone can print or borrow money and make markets jump up, it's when the markets crash they pretend what they did had nothing to do with adding to the pain despite it being so predictable.

I also can't stand Jaun, he also makes stuff up, last time he spoke(i guess last night) he was asked what Obama has done/said to inspire Americans to start their own business and live the American Dream, Jaun said Obama spoke of it often, Hannity asked for an example,,,and Jaun had no answer.

I see unemployment "unexpectedly" rose again. I've lost count of how many time the word "unexpectedly" has preceeded the news of higher unemployment in the past few years.

I see unemployment "unexpectedly" rose again. I've lost count of how many time the word "unexpectedly" has preceeded the news of higher unemployment in the past few years.

Yeah. Its rather like all those "unintended consequences" we all see and hear about.

As for UE it doesn't surprise me at all. The economy is recovering with a whimper which is a long way from a bang.

Way ta go Barry. He really deserves that second term doncha know. NOT.

Under theheader ‘OneSony’, it will start by laying off 10,000 employees – as reported by Reuters earlier– and projects to spend 75 billion yen (roughly $926 million) on restructuring in fiscal year2012, which ends March 31, 2013.

We should point out, however, that thejob cuts also includeemployees expected to transfer to external companies as part of thesale of businesses and other ‘realignments’. Not that it makes the lay-offs a positivething, but noteworthy.

Yesterday, the company announced that it expects a massive$6.4 billion net loss for the full year ended March 31, 2012.

/sarcasm

Imagine you could go back to March 1, 2009, when the global economy was on the brink of collapse. Obama, still unpacking, did not even have his full economic team in place yet.

Then imagine a Republican arguing, just six weeks into Obama's term, "Mr. President, the economy has lost 726,000 jobs on your watch, and we're blaming you for those losses.".

Why is this important Gramps? Would any serious person find this fair or reasonable? Of course not. And yet this is exactly the basis for the Romney campaign's entire economic critique of the Obama administration.

Obama deserves and needs another 4 years to fix what Bush broke.

/sarcasm

Imagine you could go back to March 1, 2009, when the global economy was on the brink of collapse. Obama, still unpacking, did not even have his full economic team in place yet.

Then imagine a Republican arguing, just six weeks into Obama's term, "Mr. President, the economy has lost 726,000 jobs on your watch, and we're blaming you for those losses.".

Why is this important Gramps? Would any serious person find this fair or reasonable? Of course not. And yet this is exactly the basis for the Romney campaign's entire economic critique of the Obama administration.

Obama deserves and needs another 4 years to fix what Bush broke.

You speak of being reasonable and in the very same post blame Bush while leaving out the fact that the dems in congress also had a role to play.

HACK