Our current politics and Rush Limbaugh

I wonder if he privately looks at what has happened to this country and regrets his role in where we are now.

He's not a bad or evil person. A former disc jockey, ideologically influenced by his father and grandfather, he was smart and talented enough to introduce a deejay's entertainment sensibility to political talk radio. Characters, songs, comedic segments, all produced and delivered skillfully and effectively. This guy single-handedly saved AM radio and revolutionized a medium.

Fast forward +/- 35 years to today: His massive success spawned any number of local and national copycats, most notably former Rush fill-in host Sean Hannity. While they don't possess anything near Limbaugh's entertainment chops, they hammer away at all his standard talking points and distortion tactics and have largely been able to add Limbaugh's listeners to their own audience. The force and influence of talk radio can not only be measured by its number of listeners; perhaps even more importantly, the constant drum beating and repetition of the talking points has clearly influenced the very thought processes of its listeners.

But as that echo chamber has grown exponentially, its effects go even deeper. Limbaugh certainly couldn't have known about or planned for the explosion of the internet and how it enabled an entire closed-circuit universe of like-minded conservatives. There is no way to understate this. This group now gets ALL of its "news" and "information" from conservative talk radio and conservative internet. Anything outside of that tightly-controlled universe is ignored, dismissed, and/or labeled "fake news", and these people are cut off from facts and information that matter.

While we have always debated and quibbled over facts, we are now in an environment where we are operating under two entirely separate sets of facts and information. This has pulled apart the two ends of the spectrum so far that we appear to have lost the ability to engage in normal adult conversation. How exactly is a republic supposed to function when communication is lost?

Finally, the ravings and tactics of talk radio have been inserted directly into our national politics. They're reflected in the purity tests now imposed on Republican politicians and candidates. And in predictable response, they are now also being reflected in the actions of Democratic politicians and candidates. The chasm continues to grow, and we're seeing the predictable results: Violence, hate, constant talk of civil war.

So I wonder if, in private moments, Rush reflects on what he started and regrets any of it.
Without Rush 99.999% of America would be like Stepford Wives.....going around merely existing and repeating nonsensical BS while getting fucked in the ass by the government....

Rush is often full of shit. He attaches all sorts of nefarious beliefs and actions to the left, while promoting the right.

Now how is he different from those in the MSM who do the exact same thing, but reversed?
Trump was a Ted Cruz supporter...and anti-Trumper at first. Now he's fully on board the Trump train because of Trump’s actions since becoming president and because of the insidious nature of his attackers.

I wonder if he privately looks at what has happened to this country and regrets his role in where we are now.

He's not a bad or evil person. A former disc jockey, ideologically influenced by his father and grandfather, he was smart and talented enough to introduce a deejay's entertainment sensibility to political talk radio. Characters, songs, comedic segments, all produced and delivered skillfully and effectively. This guy single-handedly saved AM radio and revolutionized a medium.

Fast forward +/- 35 years to today: His massive success spawned any number of local and national copycats, most notably former Rush fill-in host Sean Hannity. While they don't possess anything near Limbaugh's entertainment chops, they hammer away at all his standard talking points and distortion tactics and have largely been able to add Limbaugh's listeners to their own audience. The force and influence of talk radio can not only be measured by its number of listeners; perhaps even more importantly, the constant drum beating and repetition of the talking points has clearly influenced the very thought processes of its listeners.

But as that echo chamber has grown exponentially, its effects go even deeper. Limbaugh certainly couldn't have known about or planned for the explosion of the internet and how it enabled an entire closed-circuit universe of like-minded conservatives. There is no way to understate this. This group now gets ALL of its "news" and "information" from conservative talk radio and conservative internet. Anything outside of that tightly-controlled universe is ignored, dismissed, and/or labeled "fake news", and these people are cut off from facts and information that matter.

While we have always debated and quibbled over facts, we are now in an environment where we are operating under two entirely separate sets of facts and information. This has pulled apart the two ends of the spectrum so far that we appear to have lost the ability to engage in normal adult conversation. How exactly is a republic supposed to function when communication is lost?

Finally, the ravings and tactics of talk radio have been inserted directly into our national politics. They're reflected in the purity tests now imposed on Republican politicians and candidates. And in predictable response, they are now also being reflected in the actions of Democratic politicians and candidates. The chasm continues to grow, and we're seeing the predictable results: Violence, hate, constant talk of civil war.

So I wonder if, in private moments, Rush reflects on what he started and regrets any of it.
Without Rush 99.999% of America would be like Stepford Wives.....going around merely existing and repeating nonsensical BS while getting fucked in the ass by the government....
And with him, we have 30% of the country now existing in an information-controlled and opinion-controlled universe.

And with him, we have 30% of the country now existing in an information-controlled and opinion-controlled universe.
That's your biased opinion, but since this isn't a communist nation (for now) you have a right to be wrong.

Trump was a Ted Cruz supporter...and anti-Trumper at first. Now he's fully on board the Trump train because of Trump’s actions since becoming president and because of the insidious nature of his attackers.
IOW, Cruz agrees with Tramp that Cruz's dad was a shooter in the grassy knoll.

So, if I present ONE TIME, when he said something True, that will destroy your narrative?
Now that would definitely be a challenge!
Much easier to show his LIES!....

Cool how you cut his claim. And then addressed a point that no one made. Instead of what he actually said.

An objective observer would think you were trying to be misleading.
A more objective observer would see that you have yet to give an example of the proven liar telling the truth.
And I cited his lie from his own transcript from his own website, therefore it IS what he actually said..

No, that more objective observer would point out that, the bar the previous poster set was that even ONE example of truth telling would prove him wrong and that asking for a clarification before doing the work, is completely reasonable.
And YOU still have not been able to give your one example of him telling the truth. I gave you an unassailable example of him lying, and when another poster said how smart he was I gave an unassailable example of his STUPIDITY. Funny how none of his supporters can back their claims while his detractors can easily back their claims.

Considering the dishonesty from you personally, I think my request for clarification is shown to be called for.

Now that would definitely be a challenge!
Much easier to show his LIES!....

Cool how you cut his claim. And then addressed a point that no one made. Instead of what he actually said.

A more objective observer would see that you have yet to give an example of the proven liar telling the truth.
And I cited his lie from his own transcript from his own website, therefore it IS what he actually said..

No, that more objective observer would point out that, the bar the previous poster set was that even ONE example of truth telling would prove him wrong and that asking for a clarification before doing the work, is completely reasonable.
And YOU still have not been able to give your one example of him telling the truth. I gave you an unassailable example of him lying, and when another poster said how smart he was I gave an unassailable example of his STUPIDITY. Funny how none of his supporters can back their claims while his detractors can easily back their claims.

Considering the dishonesty from you personally, I think my request for clarification is shown to be called for.
I'll say it clearly enough for someone as dishonest as you to understand, YOU have yet to give an example of the lying scum telling the truth.
Get it?

I'll say it clearly enough for someone as dishonest as you to understand, YOU have yet to give an example of the lying scum telling the truth.
Get it?

Yeah, I addressed that, repeatedly. I asked for clarification before doing so. What part of that is too hard for you to understand?

Well since you can't seem to find one true thing he has ever said, I will try to help you. Here is a lie he has been telling for well over 20 years that all DittoTards swear on their lives is the truth. Is it true: yes or no?
June 5, 2015
RUSH: It was kind of like when Algore was at Monticello walking around, and there presidential busts and such there.

He points at Benjamin Franklin and says (paraphrased), "Who are these people?" The curator says, "Ahem, ahem, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Vice President?" "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Benjamin Franklin."

November 17, 2010
RUSH: It's kind of like Algore walking into a museum and pointing, "Who was that?" "That's Benjamin Franklin, Mr. Vice President." "Well, who's that?" "That's Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Vice President." He was in Monticello, at Thomas Jefferson's house. "Who's that?" "Thomas Jefferson."

Get it?

Yeah, I addressed that, repeatedly. I asked for clarification before doing so. What part of that is too hard for you to understand?
There is nothing to clarify, you either have an example of the pathological liar telling the truth or you don't. So far you have only proven you don't and are trying to divert from having to admit it.

Well since you can't seem to find one true thing he has ever said, I will try to help you. Here is a lie he has been telling for well over 20 years that all DittoTards swear on their lives is the truth. Is it true: yes or no?
June 5, 2015
RUSH: It was kind of like when Algore was at Monticello walking around, and there presidential busts and such there.

He points at Benjamin Franklin and says (paraphrased), "Who are these people?" The curator says, "Ahem, ahem, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Vice President?" "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. Benjamin Franklin."

November 17, 2010
RUSH: It's kind of like Algore walking into a museum and pointing, "Who was that?" "That's Benjamin Franklin, Mr. Vice President." "Well, who's that?" "That's Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Vice President." He was in Monticello, at Thomas Jefferson's house. "Who's that?" "Thomas Jefferson."

My position is not that Rush has never said anything untrue or incorrect.

THe claim was made that Rush has never said anything True. I just want to have it clarified that all I have to do, is post one true thing he says, so that the lefty who said that, will admit that his claim was bullshit.

As my position is not that Rush has never said anything untrue or incorrect, you posting a couple of untrue or incorrect things he said, is utterly irrelevant.

The fat, arrogant, self-important talk show host is 1 man, but he is the Bogey Man who lives rent free in the minds of Democrats and snowflakes 24/7...

Bwuhahahaha
He lives in the heads of his Ditto-head followers as well...just sayin'....

June 5, 2015

November 17, 2010

THe claim was made that Rush has never said anything True. I just want to have it clarified that all I have to do, is post one true thing he says, so that the lefty who said that, will admit that his claim was bullshit.

As my position is not that Rush has never said anything untrue or incorrect, you posting a couple of untrue or incorrect things he said, is utterly irrelevant.
Well he never tells the truth about anything of substance. He might be telling the truth about his age when his crew celebrates his birthday on the air. But he never tells the truth about Liberals, for example, and giving his worthless lying OPINION about Liberals is NOT telling a truth.

The Maha Rushdie doesn't regret anything, and why should he? He loves what he's doing, providing real analysis to the people and speaking Truth to Power in the Liberal Elite. El Rushbo's proudest moment was when he followed in the footsteps of his hero, MLK, and received a nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.

America would be in a lot more trouble if the people weren't informed. The Lies by the Liberal Media would be uncontested.
Well..a Conservative group wrote a nominating letter...LOL! Any of us could do the same....and nominate anyone...the Nobel is awarded in secrecy..and the 'nominations are not binding in any way..the committee can consider anyone they choose--'nomination' or no.

Rush is entertaining for some..I don't like the guy so i don't listen..has more to do with his whiny voice and overt manipulation than the content of his show..admittedly..I've not heard a word of Rush in decades.

Rush Limbaugh For The Nobel Peace Prize

Get it?

There is nothing to clarify, you either have an example of the pathological liar telling the truth or you don't. So far you have only proven you don't and are trying to divert from having to admit it.

I clearly explained what I wanted clarified. YOur denial of that, shows that you are dishonest.

June 5, 2015

November 17, 2010

Well he never tells the truth about anything of substance. He might be telling the truth about his age when his crew celebrates his birthday on the air. But he never tells the truth about Liberals, for example, and giving his worthless lying OPINION about Liberals is NOT telling a truth.

Never? SO I show one truth about liberals, of "substance" and you will admit that you were wrong and adjust your position accordingly?

Naw, I doubt it. He lives in a big mansion and flies down to the Dominican Republic to enjoy the rent boys.

The real problem the GOP has is that their economic ideas are rat poison for the 80% of us who don't have big stock portfolios and are scraping buy on the 13% of the wealth in this country we own.

For the last 50 years, the GOP has wrapped this poison bill in a nice juicy bacon of racism, misogyny, homophobia and religious intolerance.

This started long before Rush and it will go on long after him.

The thing is, the Democrats aren't getting "Radical", they are merely standing up to this nonsense, and no longer trying to meet the GOP halfway. Good on them.
Just do not charge the taxpayers/consumer for al of this. But you go on comparing things.

Get it?

I clearly explained what I wanted clarified. YOur denial of that, shows that you are dishonest.
Again you fail to give even one example of the pathological liar telling the truth.
Thank you.

Get it?

Again you fail to give even one example of the pathological liar telling the truth.
Thank you.

I clearly explained what I wanted clarified and why. YOur denial of that, shows that you are dishonest.

Forum List

Back