Our crumbling infrastructure

There is only one way to decide wether the stimulus worked or not and that is to project the "what if".

When you avert a mess that means the mess didnt happen and you can not examine the mess that didnt happen without doing what ifs.

Now every economist said we would have a second GD if something wasnt done.

Now you want to pretend that the problem solved was never a problem because it was averted?

That is by no means what I said and I ask that you just not assume what I mean, but read my posts with an open mind.

There were many economists that believed the stiumulus was the right driection and just as many that thought it was the wrong direction.

There were plenty, myself included that beleived the best moive was to do nothing and let the market straighten itself out.

Now, you may not agree with that...and that is fine....but it does not mean it would not have worked.

Please name these many economists who thought doing nothing was best?

I have a 3,000 ft/2 house and a pool and two kids. My water bill is $40/month. Hardly an impositon. Now if I had to fill my pool with Dasani... whew!

The federal government rightfully protected our right not to be poisoned by the water we drink by mandating reasonable standards for public water systems.

And because the federal government has not becme involved in the production and delivery of water to residents of Albuquerque (or Topeka or Hoboken or wherever) potable drinking water is available to everybody everywhere. And American water supplies are as safe and affordable as that you will find almost anywhere.

If the federal government would take the same approach to everything else (healthcare, infrastructure, etc.) all that would again become as safe and affordable as that you will find almost anywhere.

Bottle water is a non sequitur in this equation as it is neither mandated nor any more necessary than is beer or soft drinks or microwavable popcorn. I sure wish I had been the brilliant entreprenour who first convinced Americans that bottled water was a desirable product. Evenmore so the genius who convinced us that the brand we drink makes a significant difference.

What a fucking mess we've gotten ourselves into.
"We've"?????

323.png

Corporate America has convinced the Teabaggers that God has ALWAYS preferred....

....over long-term inve$tment$ (like infrastructure)....and, there's (actually) a "WE" who endorses this hu$tle??!!!!

:eusa_eh:

Lets remember the republicans insisted that a certain amount of the stimulus was tax cuts instead of infrastructure funds.

Lets also remember the republicans did NOTHING about therse matters while in office and called some of these projects PORK.

Can we bypass some tax cuts and all chip in like good Americans and FIX our country?

I like to think I do chip in like a good American....

Federal Tax
State Tax
City tax
fica
NYC sales tax.
huge taxes at the pump.
Tolls for tunnels and bridge crossings.I guess not a tax but more money out of my pocket.
Capital Gains taxes
Inheritance tax.
When I got a bonus the government took nearly half...

Oh but I'm sure the Libs don't think that's nearly enough... :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
Until we get away from spending an average of half a million dollars on each and every senior from the time they retire until they die on medical bills over the next 25 years how can there be any $$$ to fix anything.

Lets remember the republicans insisted that a certain amount of the stimulus was tax cuts instead of infrastructure funds.

Lets also remember the republicans did NOTHING about therse matters while in office and called some of these projects PORK.

Can we bypass some tax cuts and all chip in like good Americans and FIX our country?

Federal Tax
State Tax
City tax
fica
NYC sales tax.
huge taxes at the pump.
Tolls for tunnels and bridge crossings.I guess not a tax but more money out of my pocket.
Capital Gains taxes
Inheritance tax.

.....Primarily 'cause We've always paid closer-attention that your average.....

"The vast majority of taxpayers saw no change in their income taxes as a result of the 1993 law. CBO estimates that most households paid only $38 more per year, as a result of the 4.3 cent per gallon increase in the gas tax."

Until we get away from spending an average of half a million dollars on each and every senior from the time they retire until they die on medical bills over the next 25 years how can there be any $$$ to fix anything.
Ah, yes......The Ryan Plan.​

"The enduring heart of Rand’s totalistic philosophy was Marxism flipped upside down. Rand viewed the capitalists, not the workers, as the producers of all wealth, and the workers, not the capitalists, as useless parasites."

GOP; The Poor/Elderly = Parasites

SuperStock_1746-3275.jpg

Same as it's always been.....​

Federal Tax
State Tax
City tax
fica
NYC sales tax.
huge taxes at the pump.
Capital Gains taxes
Inheritance tax.

The essence of liberalism is that you can never pay enough.

:lol:

My God man... where is this going?

:eek:

Forum List

Back