Our crumbling infrastructure

I would think so.

From what I have seen recently, our states can't even afford to pay their employees. How will they pay for infrastructure repair?

By budgeting for what they need and not what they want.

Such a basic concept.
I would prefer riding a bike on a dirt path for a few years as opposed to having to pump my own water.
But a new bike path will get someone votes....running water is taken for granted.

How much water does a corpration use?

How much does your mothers house use?

The wealthy use more and should pay more of the bill to fix it.

Isnt that the reason one pays based on one's usage?

TM...you really need to get passed this. You say thiongs that are doing nothing more than contributing to class warfare.

And who pays for infrastructure building and repair?

he was supposed to fix our crumbling infrastructure with his first stimulus. he didn't get over it.

Oh look, a smug comment. How...different

Smug or not, she's correct. This is exactly what the stimulus funds should have been used for. In fact, we were made to believe that this was precisely what they were going to be used for. Instead we sent a million dollars to Africa to teach men how to properly wash their penises.

1. What is a corpration?
2. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS
3. :lol: They do, you pay by the gallon of usage. Have you ever lived on your own?

You're indeed mentally ill.

TM...you really need to get passed this. You say thiongs that are doing nothing more than contributing to class warfare.

We all do. The problem is, instead of maintaining infrastructure, the money goes to bloated government payrolls and benefits and other assorted stupid shit instead.

From what I have seen recently, our states can't even afford to pay their employees. How will they pay for infrastructure repair?

Such a basic concept.
I would prefer riding a bike on a dirt path for a few years as opposed to having to pump my own water.
But a new bike path will get someone votes....running water is taken for granted.

That is a very very good point. Most people dont know or care how water gets to thier house, how power gets to thier house, how thier sewage gets removed from thier house, how thier roads are maintained, etc. They only care when something goes wrong with one of these things, and then they only really care until it gets fixed.

The issue of water pipes is not new. The nature of the system really precludes you from just ripping up the ground every 50 years and replacing all the pipe. The key is to use the strongest materials possible when building, and to set up your system in such a way that it is easy to repair/replace sections without screwing up most of the rest of the system.

Infrastructure repair is never as sexy as education (THINK OF THE CHILDREN), welfare state items (THINK OF THE POOR), or pet projects like bike lanes and such (THINK OF THE HIPSTERS). The real sad fact is that preventative maintenance is a cost that is the first thing cut when budgets get tight, resulting in more cost later down the road.

The real sad thing is that work to fix/upgrade infrastructure is one of the more cost effective things one can do with government money, as the wealth gets spread to all levels of society, from contruction workers, to engineers, to equipment manufactuerers.

So then I am curious....

Are you also in favor of charging people...rich or poor....cost to repair roads based on the annual mileage they accrue?

Likely, the rich will have less as they are more apt to fly....so maybe the bottom 95% should pay a larger amount for highway repair.

You for that?

Such a basic concept.

That is a very very good point. Most people dont know or care how water gets to thier house, how power gets to thier house, how thier sewage gets removed from thier house, how thier roads are maintained, etc. They only care when something goes wrong with one of these things, and then they only really care until it gets fixed.

The issue of water pipes is not new. The nature of the system really precludes you from just ripping up the ground every 50 years and replacing all the pipe. The key is to use the strongest materials possible when building, and to set up your system in such a way that it is easy to repair/replace sections without screwing up most of the rest of the system.

Infrastructure repair is never as sexy as education (THINK OF THE CHILDREN), welfare state items (THINK OF THE POOR), or pet projects like bike lanes and such (THINK OF THE HIPSTERS). The real sad fact is that preventative maintenance is a cost that is the first thing cut when budgets get tight, resulting in more cost later down the road.

The real sad thing is that work to fix/upgrade infrastructure is one of the more cost effective things one can do with government money, as the wealth gets spread to all levels of society, from contruction workers, to engineers, to equipment manufactuerers.

You've obviously never played Sim City.

:eusa_drool:

he was supposed to fix our crumbling infrastructure with his first stimulus. he didn't get over it.

Smug or not, she's correct. This is exactly what the stimulus funds should have been used for. In fact, we were made to believe that this was precisely what they were going to be used for. Instead we sent a million dollars to Africa to teach men how to properly wash their penises.

Well, this is a canaard. We were made to believe that they were going to be used on some infrastructure projects, and they were used for some infrastructure projects.

Your statement implies "we were made to believe it was supposed to be 100% for infrastructure, and 100% of infrastructure will be fixed."

I wasn't made to believe that. Maybe you were. I wasn't.

So then I am curious....

Are you also in favor of charging people...rich or poor....cost to repair roads based on the annual mileage they accrue?

Likely, the rich will have less as they are more apt to fly....so maybe the bottom 95% should pay a larger amount for highway repair.

You for that?

They already do, tolls booths and gasoline taxes.

Such a basic concept.

lol.

I recall when my refrigerator died on me.
My wife went to the local appliance store and bought a new one and had it delivered that day while I was at work.
She called me and asked me if I was excited to come home to a new refirgerator.
I was like...huh? Not one thing in my life has changed for the better with the purchase of a new refirgerator.
All it did was eliminate the unexpected inconvenience of not having one for a few hours.

You seem to forget the republicans fought for the Tax cuts instead of infrastructure

So then I am curious....

You for that?

hmmmm....

Interesting.

As much as I would like to, I cant refute it.

Time to re-evaluate my position on this.

You seem to forget the republicans fought for the Tax cuts instead of infrastructure

So did the democrats and the President.

So then I am curious....

You for that?

hmmmm....

Interesting.

aha, before you go doing that.....the richer still pay more towards it in regular taxes I'm sure....I was just bustin

hmmmm....

Interesting.

aha, before you go doing that.....the richer still pay more towards it in regular taxes I'm sure....I was just bustin

True...but in theory, tolls are for the original construction of a road and future repairs.
So, in a way, the more you use them the more you put towards the cost of repair.

hmmmm....

Interesting.

True...but in theory, tolls are for the original construction of a road and future repairs.
So, in a way, the more you use them the more you put towards the cost of repair.

It's true I guess.

I was going to say that most traveling on a local level doesn't require tolls, but everyone is paying Property taxes. If you rent, part of your rent is paying the property owner's taxes, and if you own you're paying your own.

well lesseee, truthdon'tmatterforshit, as I recall the stimulus was passed and the infrastrucure neglected long before the last vote on the tax situation came oabout,, like about 2 years?? you are a moron,

It's true I guess.

I was going to say that most traveling on a local level doesn't require tolls, but everyone is paying Property taxes. If you rent, part of your rent is paying the property owner's taxes, and if you own you're paying your own.

Im referring to interstates and turnpikes.....and bridges and tunnels.

Forum List

Back