Our childrens future......?

signelect

Rookie
Dec 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Today i had a discussion with my co-workers about the new elections. We know Rick Perry is in the running and he may be the best candidate out there. As i was discussing I started realizing how hard and expensive everything is now. 20 years ago it seemed like everything was good. Businesses were up and booming, people had jobs with healthcare, taxes weren't so high. Alot of business owners say how their businesses have been going down little by little year after year. Not noticeabley but it has slowed down.

Im afraid because I don't want my daughter to go through the same thing. I know education is the key.... but what good is education when jobs are limited. I want to make sure that my daughter has a good job, good healthcare, education. Im kind of going crazy the more I think about it.

I have some kind of hope with Rick Perry being a candidate for presidency.:tongue:

I dunno man, I worry about the next generations too. Over the past 50 years or so we have created a welfare/entitlement/nanny state where personal responsibility is rapidly deteriorating. All I can see is one whopper of a depression to rival the 1930s, with a resultant shift in attitudes and values. We might need that to force a big change in thinking in the US of A. Don't know when, don't know how bad or how long, but it's inescapable if we stay on our current trajectory of overspending. Raise taxes all you want, won't really matter.

I don't know if it matters much if Perry or Romney are elected, probably depends on whether they have a republican controlled Congress. Maybe they can make the needed changes that are so desperately required, undoing the unfortunate policies of the last couple of years. If not, or if Obama gets re-elected, well things could get real ugly real fast.

Last edited:
Im afraid because I don't want my daughter to go through the same thing. I know education is the key.... but what good is education when jobs are limited. I want to make sure that my daughter has a good job, good healthcare, education. Im kind of going crazy the more I think about it.

Let your daughter have her own life, be a model but not a boss. Try to provide a healthy not too harsh discipline and openness and talk lots, she'll someday make her own decisions, respect them. She'll be fine, it's you that needs a mirror if you are that negative.

As for Perry he seems almost un-American in my view and many others.

The Ten Weirdest Ideas In Rick Perry’s ‘Fed Up’ By Matthew Yglesias

The Ten Weirdest Ideas In Rick Perry’s ‘Fed Up’ | ThinkProgress

The presidential candidate's signature economic development initiative has raised questions among conservatives.

Charles Dameron: Rick Perry's Crony Capitalism Problem - WSJ.com

We just need to guide our children in every step of life they are walking, in that way they can lead to a good future.

We need to teach them to embrace the horror and be strong. Wean them from a false sense of entitlement from a corrupt, and morally bankrupt federal government. Teach them to hate D.C. or at least loathe it, it and the people that enable the filthy, self-serving bastards that make up that vile monstrosity. Break them of his needless superficial, plastic lifestyle. Most of all, teach them civic duty and responsibility.

Today i had a discussion with my co-workers about the new elections. We know Rick Perry is in the running and he may be the best candidate out there. As i was discussing I started realizing how hard and expensive everything is now. 20 years ago it seemed like everything was good. Businesses were up and booming, people had jobs with healthcare, taxes weren't so high. Alot of business owners say how their businesses have been going down little by little year after year. Not noticeabley but it has slowed down.

I have some kind of hope with Rick Perry being a candidate for presidency.:tongue:

Jobs are not limited to those with a good education. It all depends on what field that education is in. If your daughter is looking forward to graduating college with some liberal arts degree, her prospects will be severely limited. Count on being lucky to get a job cleaning tables someplace. We have so few American science, medicine, engineering graduates that we must import these workers from other countries.

When my husband's daughter graduated college with her degree in Women's Studies, she was able to get a job as a secretary. Her two roommmates were recruited in their senior year for jobs with six figure annual incomes and signing bonuses. One had a math degree the other an engineering degree. All three roommates were women.

Today i had a discussion with my co-workers about the new elections. We know Rick Perry is in the running and he may be the best candidate out there. As i was discussing I started realizing how hard and expensive everything is now. 20 years ago it seemed like everything was good. Businesses were up and booming, people had jobs with healthcare, taxes weren't so high. Alot of business owners say how their businesses have been going down little by little year after year. Not noticeabley but it has slowed down. Im afraid because I don't want my daughter to go through the same thing. I know education is the key.... but what good is education when jobs are limited. I want to make sure that my daughter has a good job, good healthcare, education. Im kind of going crazy the more I think about it.

I think we are just going though a down turn cycle. Everything in life is cyclical. I think Dickens put it into proportion with this passage that opens the novel A Tale of Two Cities Things look bad now, but people forget problems of the past and look back thinking everything was rosy, it wasn't. I am all for putting things into perspective, and I don't think one politician will 'fix' anything.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities, English novelist (1812 - 1870)

Last edited:
Today i had a discussion with my co-workers about the new elections. We know Rick Perry is in the running and he may be the best candidate out there. As i was discussing I started realizing how hard and expensive everything is now. 20 years ago it seemed like everything was good. Businesses were up and booming, people had jobs with healthcare, taxes weren't so high. Alot of business owners say how their businesses have been going down little by little year after year. Not noticeabley but it has slowed down. Im afraid because I don't want my daughter to go through the same thing. I know education is the key.... but what good is education when jobs are limited. I want to make sure that my daughter has a good job, good healthcare, education. Im kind of going crazy the more I think about it.

I think we are just going though a down turn cycle. Everything in life is cyclical. I think Dickens put it into proportion with this passage that opens the novel A Tale of Two Cities Things look bad now, but people forget problems of the past and look back thinking everything was rosy, it wasn't. I am all for putting things into perspective, and I don't think one politician will 'fix' anything.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

Did you read A Tale of Two Cities? You know that the two cities was London and Paris, during the French Revolution. The calm of London compared to the mindless mob violence of France. Both had the same social conditions, both had monarchies. It has nothing to do with cycles. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, depending on where you were.

Did you read A Tale of Two Cities? You know that the two cities was London and Paris, during the French Revolution. The calm of London compared to the mindless mob violence of France. Both had the same social conditions, both had monarchies. It has nothing to do with cycles. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, depending on where you were.

Yes I've read it. And you completely miss the point of the quotation. It has everything to do with putting things into perspective and nothing to do with London being so perfect and calm compared to France. You don't get the subtext and are only understanding something on the surface.

Forum List

Back