Our Celebrity President

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
[A classic detailing the arduous travails required in keeping his Barackness intact, staying in touch with the average ordinary American, you know the one working in the company that has just downsized while personally celebrating his fiftieth birthday.]

"Which brings us to President Obama.

Last week, the republic’s citizen-president passed among his fellow Americans. Where? Cleveland? Dubuque? Presque Isle, Maine? No, Beverly Hills. These days, it’s pretty much always Beverly Hills or Manhattan, because that’s where the money is. That’s the Green Zone, and you losers are outside it. Appearing at an Obama fundraiser at the home of Glee creator Ryan Murphy and his “fiancé” David Miller, the president, reasonably enough, had difficulty distinguishing one A-list Hollywood summit from another. “I just came from a wonderful event over at the Wilshire or the Hilton — I’m not sure which,” said Obama, “because you go through the kitchens of all these places and so you never are quite sure where you are.”

Ah the burdens of stardom. The old celebrities-have-to-enter-through-the-kitchen line. The last time I heard that was a couple of decades back in London when someone was commiserating with Sinatra on having to be ushered in through the back. Frank brushed it aside. We were at the Savoy, or maybe the Waldorf. I can’t remember, and I came in through the front door. Oddly enough, the Queen enters hotels through the lobby. So do Prince William and his lovely bride. A month ago, they stayed at a pub in Suffolk for a friend’s wedding, and came in through the same door as mere mortals. Imagine that!

So far this year, President Obama has been to three times as many fundraisers as President Bush had attended by this point in the 2004 campaign. This is what the New York Post calls his “torrid pace,” although judging from those remarks in California he’s about as torrid as an overworked gigolo staggering punchily through the last mambo of the evening. According to Brendan J. Doherty’s forthcoming book The Rise of the President’s Permanent Campaign, Obama has held more fundraisers than the previous five presidents’ reelection campaigns combined."

Our Celebrity President - National Review Online

Po' baby. The President is raising money for his campaign. What a terrible thing!

How nice, doing all of it on OUR DIME
fundraiser after fundraiser, party after party
It's nice to be king I guess

Po' baby. The President is raising money for his campaign. What a terrible thing!

How nice, doing all of it on OUR DIME
fundraiser after fundraiser, party after party
It's nice to be king I guess

How is it on our dime?

She'll never respond to you, because she doesn't know. She just repeats things she hears without understanding what she's saying. She's easily one of the 3 dumbest people on this site.

The presidebt is doing just fine. He's completely abandoned his office to be a celebrity and campaign full time. He should keep doing it. Yes, he can stop once in a while to have a press conference if it keeps his face in front of the public, but that's all he's doing. The more he does this, the better for everyone.

The presidebt is doing just fine. He's completely abandoned his office to be a celebrity and campaign full time. He should keep doing it. Yes, he can stop once in a while to have a press conference if it keeps his face in front of the public, but that's all he's doing. The more he does this, the better for everyone.

:laugh:

It was stupid when Democrats were complaining about W campaigning while in office, and it's stupid when Conservatives now do the same.

Every time he travels for fundraising there is a portion that is at tax payers expense. The slight of hand is how he "bundles" his activities. Basically his travel is broke down into these categories:

Official business- tax payer
Political activity- democratic party
Fundraising for campaign- campaign committee

The slap in the face to the tax payer is how Obama has increased his campaigning over previous presidents- especially in light of our economic realities_

US President Barack Obama is spending a lot of time fundraising, perhaps more than any incumbent president in history.

According to the Politico, including this week's trip to California, Obama will spend eight of 24 weekdays during the past month on the road and collecting cash.

His event on Thursday morning will mark his 153rd fundraiser since announcing his re-election bid last year.

Obama's fundraising activities are nearly double the number that his predecessor George W. Bush had attended by this point in his re-election campaign, according to CBS's Mark Knoller, who keeps detailed notes on Obama's travels.

Republicans have pounced on the increasing amount of time Obama has spent on fundraising, calling him 'the campaigner-in-chief'.

Obama, like all federal candidates, is limited to taking in 35,800 dollars per donor, 5,000 dollars for a campaign committee and 30,800 dollars for the national party.

All I can say is Kardashian is an Obama supporter. She is the type of rich person liberals claim to hate. Spoiled, inheritad money, and she will not EVER live in MN, NEVER NEVER NEVER, I doubt she's been outside CA, NY or Miami Beach. Typical limosuine liberal that hates the "Little" guy that liberals claim they like. Liberals have all the elitist snobby folks, like at the Bitter Clinger fundraiser for Obama.
Who was there? You're American aristocracy: the Gettys, the Astors, the Kennedys, ect

And here is a pic of him visiting the "little" people

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNNxV48MNM]Obama Motorcade Arriving at Getty Mansion - YouTube[/ame]

At least Bush, Koch Brothers, Rove, Rumsfeld, Cheney seem like guys you could have a beer with and shoot the shit with at a ballgame.

Forum List

Back