Our board is a prime example of why race relations are so disfunctional

You folks are not ready for the conversation. Maybe your kids will be. Hope so.

You must really have a special gift to be able to judge someone else's heart in such a manner.

I have your words. ( your mind )...and the words of Tiny Dancer. The discussion requires a deeper understanding. Wondering whether or not saying "my nigga" gets you a punch in the nose....or discussing how fucking TV characters poked fun at each other as "the good old days" is evidence that you do not have that understanding.

Now it is you that isn't being honest. I made no reference to bigotry of the past as being acceptable. And my reference to the terms stems from them being widely used in todays pop culture. Movies, music and tv have perpetuated the myth that racism is gone or mildly acceptable through THEIR use of such terms.

You seemingly are just so desperate to disagree with me that your clouding your own judgement of my posts.

You must really have a special gift to be able to judge someone else's heart in such a manner.

I have your words. ( your mind )...and the words of Tiny Dancer. The discussion requires a deeper understanding. Wondering whether or not saying "my nigga" gets you a punch in the nose....or discussing how fucking TV characters poked fun at each other as "the good old days" is evidence that you do not have that understanding.

Now it is you that isn't being honest. I made no reference to bigotry of the past as being acceptable. And my reference to the terms stems from them being widely used in todays pop culture. Movies, music and tv have perpetuated the myth that racism is gone or mildly acceptable through THEIR use of such terms.

You seemingly are just so desperate to disagree with me that your clouding your own judgement of my posts.

You seem to be under some illusion that I have taken a position on the question of whether or not YOU are a bigot. I have not. I have simply stated that the depth to which you are willing ( or prepared ) to go in getting to the bottom of this question is nowhere near deep enough.

How can i disagree with you when you have not said anything?

Too many things are seen through the foggy lenses of race.

People are overly sensitive.

Some of us think race can be used as a weapon against the opposite side.

Then there are those of you who are simply so shallow in your positions that you can't defend them without defaulting to race insults or race baiting.

Times have changed dramatically and many of you have been left in the dust. My family history is a perfect example of the changing times. My grandfather hated blacks. My natural father sympathized with their plight. I was oblivious and didn't care one way or another. And my children don't even see skin color and rebuke those that do.

Changing times ... but then there is the issue that things go full circle.

Me personally I have half black nieces and nephews and a half honduras grand daughter, but I still beleive white should be with whites and blacks with blacks. I see plenty of beautiful black women, but I prefer white so I guess that makes me a racist because I grew up in a different time.

You folks are not ready for the conversation. Maybe your kids will be. Hope so.

You can't even take my light hearted bemoaning for the "good old days" in fun.

The tv shows just were a reflection of how we all dealt with each other. We're all immigrants children and grandchildren and great grandchildren.

DP's mostly. Do you know what DP stands for? Short form for Displaced Persons. When my Baba and my great aunts and my great great grandfather made it out of the Ukraine before the revolution and made it to the shores of Canada by boat, when they arrived they had no choice but to go to a mining camp in the far north in Ontario. This was mandated.

You'll see why I'm bringing this up.

Every other immigrant was sent to mining camps as well. So you have these men and women in a brand new life in a brand new land.

No one freaking knew how to speak english except the Brits, the Scots and the Irish.

Italians, Ukrainians, Russians, Germans it was a mini United Nations. No one spoke English.

:lol: And they all had to go and work together.

People learned to get along, communicate and survive in this wild new world they were all thrown together in.

They had to.

Racism and divisions and language barriers can and must be overcome. But it takes everybody to make it happen. Everybody.

OMG someone slap me if anyone sees me posting it takes a village tonight.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back