Our Beloved Left

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
An aide to Senator Tim Johnson says her boss will not retract a weekend remark that compared a segment of the Republican Party to the Taliban. Senator Tim Johnson's comments were made at a Sioux Falls get-out-the-vote rally form Democratic House candidate Stephanie Herseth.

Republican House candidate Larry Diedrich asked for an apology. He says his supporters are young people, retired people, farmers, business people, working people, not terrorists.

Johnson aide Julianne Fisher says people should remember that two years ago, outside groups compared Johnson to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, attacking the senator's religious faith and patriotism.

Herseth, meanwhile, says she doesn't think Johnson used the best choice of words.

© 2004 Associated Press.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=22,32195

"Herseth, meanwhile, says she doesn't think Johnson used the best choice of words. "

Duh!

Partisanship is one thing, but the totally devisive comments I continually read and hear from the left are really beginning to get tiresome.

I must just be naive or insane thinking that as Americans, we can put our idealogical diferences aside when it comes to threats from outside our borders. I can deal with the political rhetoric that comes with an election year; But when it comes to presenting a united front to our enemies, you are either with us or agin us.

I just cannot believe that morons like this continue to get elected - all free speech issues aside.

ok - I've vented and ranted for the day. I should be ok now. :)

I'd say its just 'tit for tat' when considering the comments directed to johnson two years ago, hence this part of the article -
Johnson aide Julianne Fisher says people should remember that two years ago, outside groups compared Johnson to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, attacking the senator's religious faith and patriotism.

It is unfortunte how successful negative adds are. An "Anyone but Bush" mantra has got to make Kerry feel like a stooge. What a ringing endorsement!

Yes, it's very easy to say that the left keeps making remarks about the right and that those remarks are "out of line" when one may think more conservatively or vice-versa. The fact is, is that both sides say things that are below the belt at times. It's only offensive if you feel that you are on the receiving end of it.

Forum List

Back