Our Ally, Saudi Arabia. Kills 48 in 4 months for non violent drug charges.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Latest update : 2018-04-26

Saudi Arabia has executed 48 people in the past four months, half on non-violent drug charges, Human Rights Watch said, urging the kingdom to improve its “notoriously unfair” criminal justice system.

Saudi Arabia has executed 48 people since the beginning of 2018,” the US-based rights group said in a report published late Wednesday.

“Many more people convicted of drug crimes remain on death row following convictions by Saudi Arabia’s notoriously unfair criminal justice system.”

The ultra-conservative kingdom has one of the world’s highest rates of execution, with suspects convicted of terrorism, homicide, rape, armed robbery and drug trafficking facing the death penalty.

Rights experts have repeatedly raised concerns about the fairness of trials in the kingdom, governed under a strict form of Islamic law. The government says the death penalty is a deterrent for further crime.

“It’s bad enough that Saudi Arabia executes so many people, but many of them have not committed a violent crime,” said HRW’s Middle East director Sarah Leah Whitson.

Saudi Arabia executes 48 in 2018, half on drug charges - France 24

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is who the US considers and ally.

Saudi Arabia has executed 48 people in the past four months, half on non-violent drug charges, Human Rights Watch said, urging the kingdom to improve its “notoriously unfair” criminal justice system.

Saudi Arabia has executed 48 people since the beginning of 2018,” the US-based rights group said in a report published late Wednesday.

“Many more people convicted of drug crimes remain on death row following convictions by Saudi Arabia’s notoriously unfair criminal justice system.”

The ultra-conservative kingdom has one of the world’s highest rates of execution, with suspects convicted of terrorism, homicide, rape, armed robbery and drug trafficking facing the death penalty.

Rights experts have repeatedly raised concerns about the fairness of trials in the kingdom, governed under a strict form of Islamic law. The government says the death penalty is a deterrent for further crime.

“It’s bad enough that Saudi Arabia executes so many people, but many of them have not committed a violent crime,” said HRW’s Middle East director Sarah Leah Whitson.

Just to let you know, when i lived there in Saudi Arabia, i was told the law and how to follow it...Shame morons like you have no clue...Want to keep your head, DONT DO DRUGS......Just as simple as that.....Shame we wont have more of that justice system here, there wouldn't be criminals with a rap sheet a mile long....

Just to let you know, when i lived there in Saudi Arabia, i was told the law and how to follow it...Shame morons like you have no clue...Want to keep your head, DONT DO DRUGS......Just as simple as that.....Shame we wont have more of that justice system here, there wouldn't be criminals with a rap sheet a mile long....
Then campaign to have sharia law be the law of the US. Start by going around your house and kissing all the carpets. :biggrin:

"Just as simple as that." It's not that simple and you know it. Get another gallon gin and go back to bed dude.

Saudi Arabia is one of those nations you can chalk up to representing the old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

That is a government I look at and say "thank the Lord they will never be a global Super Power"...

I thought libs believed that all cultures are equal.

You coming across all judgey and shit.

I thought libs believed that all cultures are equal.

You coming across all judgey and shit.

our penny is not judgemental. She CHAMPIONS her heroes-----ie, she remains
FAITHFUL to her friends. Saudi Arabia is not her friend but Iran is

Agreed, if we could only just kill everyone then there would nobody around to commit crimes.

You need to go back.

USA doesn't care in fact human rights or democracy and liberty but only takes care of profits.
Until Saudi and alike are useful for them in earning oil money or in strategic struggle against Iran, Syria and Russia they will never notice all those violations.

drug use is a huge problem in the "ISLAMIC WORLD"-------the response has been
REALLY STRICT LAWS--------not just Saudi Arabia----lots of Islamic countries----like
Indonesia -----and a whole bunch of little idiot STANS

REALLY STRICT LAWS--------not just Saudi Arabia----lots of Islamic countries----like
...and being gay must be punished for...and raped woman must be beaten with sticks for she had awoken men's sexual wish....

Right you are!

...and being gay must be punished for...and raped woman must be beaten with sticks for she had awoken men's sexual wish....

Right you are!

I correctly described the Islamic POV

Right you are!

Yes, you did it right. And I added.

But it seemed you like their methods regarding to drugs and ready to excuse their methods regarding yo mentioned by me.
I do agree drugs sales and even consumption must be strictly punished but disagree to many others Islamic POV

Right you are!

But it seemed you like their methods regarding to drugs and ready to excuse their methods regarding yo mentioned by me.
I do agree drugs sales and even consumption must be strictly punished but disagree to many others Islamic POV

Right you are!

where do you read "I, rosie, AGREE with execution of persons involved with drugs" ?
how long have you been seeing things?

Funny for some reason I have never veiwed them as an ally! They are more that person I need to keep my eye on!

Forum List

Back