Oumuamua, seriously what are the odds

Last edited:
C2017U1.gif

And...?

Do you guys want me to explain to you what you are talking about?

Pal I think we did..
Not once did you. No, posting a graphic you can't explain and don't understand did not accomplish that.

Dude think of the miles

They were going for a head shot.

Neat.

So, what was so odd about oumuamua that someone should believe it was an alien craft? There are other, simpler explanations.

Last edited:
And...?

Pal I think we did..
Not once did you. No, posting a graphic you can't explain and don't understand did not accomplish that.

Dude think of the miles

Neat.

So, what was so odd about oumuamua that someone should believe it was an alien craft? There are other, sipler explanations.

Like what?

And...?

Pal I think we did..

Dude think of the miles

Neat.

So, what was so odd about oumuamua that someone should believe it was an alien craft? There are other, sipler explanations.

Like what?
You havent checked?

Oumuamua, is the name given to a recent visitor to our solar system. It's in the classic cigar shaped UFO, was totally solid, orbited on an axis ever 7 hours, and slingshotted itself around the Sun and headed back out of the Solar system. Supposedly it's just an "asteroid" that came from out side of the solar system, yet, as if by magic, put itself on an orbit to slingshot around the Sun.

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.

More

When a Harvard Professor Talks About Aliens

When a Harvard Professor Talks About Aliens
News about extraterrestrial life sounds better coming from an expert at a high-prestige institution.

Days earlier, Loeb had published a new research paper in an astrophysics journal. Scientists publish thousands of research papers every year in journals big and small, prestigious and obscure. Usually, aside from some basic coverage by science journalists, these papers attract little public attention. But Loeb’s latest work covered a topic that is historically very attention-getting: aliens.

The subject of the paper was a mysterious space rock known as ‘Oumuamua. When it was discovered in October 2017, the rock was the talk of the astronomy community. ‘Oumuamua is the first interstellar object astronomers have seen in our solar system; it did not originate here, but likely traveled for billions and billions of years, past
countless other stars, before reaching our own. Telescopes caught it just after it sped past the sun. They can’t see it anymore, but ‘Oumuamua is still going. Eventually, it will cross the edge of our solar system and into interstellar space, again.

Pal I think we did..

Dude think of the miles

Neat.

Like what?
You havent checked?

Since you like "experts" so much, more from my link

Snip

Several astronomers I spoke with echoed Gaensler’s sentiments. So did Loeb himself. He recognizes that his name-brand employer likely attracted the news organizations—and probably primed their readers to trust him.

“It’s not just affiliation; it’s the fact that I’m chair of the astronomy department [at Harvard],” Loeb said. He rattled off a series of other legitimizing titles: director of the Institute for Theory and Computation; founding director of the Black Hole Initiative; chair of the Board on Physics and Astronomy of the National Academies; chair of the scientific committee for the Breakthrough Starshot Initiative

Dude think of the miles

Neat.

Like what?
You havent checked?

Snip

Several astronomers I spoke with echoed Gaensler’s sentiments. So did Loeb himself. He recognizes that his name-brand employer likely attracted the news organizations—and probably primed their readers to trust him.

“It’s not just affiliation; it’s the fact that I’m chair of the astronomy department [at Harvard],” Loeb said. He rattled off a series of other legitimizing titles: director of the Institute for Theory and Computation; founding director of the Black Hole Initiative; chair of the Board on Physics and Astronomy of the National Academies; chair of the scientific committee for the Breakthrough Starshot Initiative
But you're rejecting the credentials of all the other astronomers who don't agree. So....you don't really get to take this tack.

The only real scorn he is getting is for saying he "can't think of any other explanations". The other astronomers are saying, "yes we can".

Dude think of the miles

Neat.

Like what?
You havent checked?

Snip

But you're rejecting the credentials of all the other astronomers who don't agree. So....you don't really get to take this tack.

The only real scorn he is getting is for saying he "can't think of any other explanations". The other astronomers are saying, "yes we can".

It also changed speed and direction

You keep believing it's just a rock

Forum List

Back