Ouch!!!!!!!!!

I want to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you keeping it iced down?
Physical therapy told me heat and they used heat. I did put ice on it when it first happened months ago, tried to apply ice last night for 10 min. Then got the heating pad, then went and put a shit load of biofreeze on. I still couldn't sleep. I need to be knocked out. lol

Just my 2 cents.

My first thought was pinched nerve. I've gotten them an nothing relieves that pain. Heat, cold, ibuprofen, etc.

My second thought was a bone spur.

My third thought was hairline fracture in the scapula.

Did they take any pics?

Can you fix your truck (it looks fixable)?

A00032F01.jpg

See this picture well see where the word scapula is and Humerus? That is where I feel the most pain. It radiates down to the arm and even up where my socket is.

Impingement is where the supraspinatus muscle of the rotator gets pinched up near where is says acromion. When the arm is lifted out to the side, the space between the humerus and the acromion gets narrow...and if you have arthritic thickening of the acromion, the space gets even more narrow and can pinch the supraspinatus muscle.

However, where you are describing the pain, it is more likely the subscapularis muscle that is involved. It is one of the four rotator cuff muscles. It turns the arm inward.

I bet you can't reach back to fasten your bra without pain.

I cannot sleep! When I try the bone from my shoulder down hurts. It feels like a bad toothache pain. It seems to not bother me so much when I'm not lying down. I went to 7 physical therapy sessions and it didn't help. This started to hurt over 2 going on 3 months now.

Cannot go to the doctor for a few more days due to no Vehicle! My son crashed my truck. Getting another truck or used SUV this week but until then, I'm home bound.

Ibuprofen hasn't helped, ice, heat either. I just feel like crap and I want to sleep!

Any suggestions besides drinking alcohol.

____

I had the very same thing about 10 years ago - pain in my shoulder came on out of nowhere and wound not subside. I went 3 days on no sleep - it was horrible.

Doctors gave me some pain scrips after the first day that did nothing to alleviate the pain. Went back at the start of the fourth day and they ran MRI, X-Ray, etc and found nothing. I was pretty sleep deprived/crazy by then and they gave me a different pain scrip and that stuff put me out for about 24 hours straight.

I returned to work a couple days later with the pain just a distant thud, but made the mistake of taking another pain pill on an empty stomache prior to beginning my morning lecture...after about 10 minutes looking out at a lecture hall of 200 or so students, I had to excuse myself and dismissed class. I don't remember the journey back to my office - I literally woke up six hours later with my head on my desk and my face in a pile of drool, and six sticky note messages posted on the outside of my door from students wondering where I was. (I had missed another lecture)

I don't remember what the doc gave me, but man that was some serious medication...

I hope you feel better soon!

I had to have C4-6 fused. I had had a bad impact injury a few years before and managed to delay surgery at that time. Anyway, it came back to bite me in the butt with a vengeance and all of a sudden.

Same sort of pain near my shoulder blade and down my arm. No position was comfortable, some weren't even possible, and the pain was equivalent to drilling a tooth. After imaging, I was in surgery the next morning.

Could be something going on in your neck.

I know where she's at with the pain, though. I have a nerve in my shoulder blade area that flares up regularly, well, it's always flared now, but it has periods where it gets really, really bad. When that happens I can't sleep, no position is comfortable, eventually I start walking funny and turning my head funny (because it hurts) and the muscles of my CHEST start to hurt from carrying myself in a weird way.

When I can't sleep I get to the doctor and get tylenol 3. I have naproxen, which helps most of the time. But once it gets to that point I have to do something to break the cycle of inflammation and muscle strain caused by my compensating in weird ways.

I know where she's at with the pain, though. I have a nerve in my shoulder blade area that flares up regularly, well, it's always flared now, but it has periods where it gets really, really bad. When that happens I can't sleep, no position is comfortable, eventually I start walking funny and turning my head funny (because it hurts) and the muscles of my CHEST start to hurt from carrying myself in a weird way.

When I can't sleep I get to the doctor and get tylenol 3. I have naproxen, which helps most of the time. But once it gets to that point I have to do something to break the cycle of inflammation and muscle strain caused by my compensating in weird ways.

On a side note, acetaminophen has no anti-inflammatory effects. It works on pain and fever but not inflammation. Not all NSAIDs are created equal. Just some FYI.

Other than that, I just wanted to check on to this thread to see where it goes.

Just my 2 cents.

My first thought was pinched nerve. I've gotten them an nothing relieves that pain. Heat, cold, ibuprofen, etc.

My second thought was a bone spur.

My third thought was hairline fracture in the scapula.

Did they take any pics?

Can you fix your truck (it looks fixable)?
After cleaning my oven (2 hours) making beds and cleaning house I was able to sleep for 20 minutes before I woke up.

Truck isn't fixable the frame is bent. Everything from the radiator forward is hosed including the frame. For new hood to fit it would have to be prefabricated to fit. Not worth it.

I'm thinking a hairline fracture too. Either that or just deep muscle damage or thinning of the bone. *shrug*

A00032F01.jpg

See this picture well see where the word scapula is and Humerus? That is where I feel the most pain. It radiates down to the arm and even up where my socket is.

Impingement is where the supraspinatus muscle of the rotator gets pinched up near where is says acromion. When the arm is lifted out to the side, the space between the humerus and the acromion gets narrow...and if you have arthritic thickening of the acromion, the space gets even more narrow and can pinch the supraspinatus muscle.

However, where you are describing the pain, it is more likely the subscapularis muscle that is involved. It is one of the four rotator cuff muscles. It turns the arm inward.

yep all movement in arm is working now except reaching for my bra or my seatbelt, or scratch my back! Ok so now we know where and what. Can you tell me what the treatment is?

A00032F01.jpg

BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HELP:lol:

A00032F01.jpg

yep all movement in arm is working now except reaching for my bra or my seatbelt, or scratch my back! Ok so now we know where and what. Can you tell me what the treatment is?

Generally antiinflammatories (ibuprofen or naprosyn), heat/ice, rest (no making beds, cleaning stoves, or using a sledgehammer to pound your truck's frame back into shape). PT is oftentimes helpful, but I think you said you'd been doing PT.

It would probably be a good idea to get to the doctor when you can so they can physically evaluate you and decide if you need imaging or further treatments.

Generally antiinflammatories (ibuprofen or naprosyn), heat/ice, rest (no making beds, cleaning stoves, or using a sledgehammer to pound your truck's frame back into shape). PT is oftentimes helpful, but I think you said you'd been doing PT.

It would probably be a good idea to get to the doctor when you can so they can physically evaluate you and decide if you need imaging or further treatments.
All reasonable. I was allotted 25 physical therapy appointments but had to stop them because of no transportation. Really just after 7 appointments with them I went from feeling like crap to actually feeling 90 percent better. Now this.

I hear you about resting it, but if you saw my stove, you would have spanked me to get on cleaning it. :lol:

It feels like the bone though, not the muscle that is how deep the pain feels.

Forum List

Back