Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Terry

Shut the $%$ Up!
Jan 15, 2009
I cannot sleep! When I try the bone from my shoulder down hurts. It feels like a bad toothache pain. It seems to not bother me so much when I'm not lying down. I went to 7 physical therapy sessions and it didn't help. This started to hurt over 2 going on 3 months now.

Cannot go to the doctor for a few more days due to no Vehicle! My son crashed my truck. Getting another truck or used SUV this week but until then, I'm home bound.

Ibuprofen hasn't helped, ice, heat either. I just feel like crap and I want to sleep!

Any suggestions besides drinking alcohol.

Sleep sitting up. That's what I have to do with certain migraines. When you're tired enough, you'll be able to do it.

Sleep sitting up. That's what I have to do with certain migraines. When you're tired enough, you'll be able to do it.
when I lean my back up against anything it is the same as lying down. I don't know what to do. I guess stay awake until I literally pass out.

I cannot sleep! When I try the bone from my shoulder down hurts. It feels like a bad toothache pain. It seems to not bother me so much when I'm not lying down. I went to 7 physical therapy sessions and it didn't help. This started to hurt over 2 going on 3 months now.

Cannot go to the doctor for a few more days due to no Vehicle! My son crashed my truck. Getting another truck or used SUV this week but until then, I'm home bound.

Ibuprofen hasn't helped, ice, heat either. I just feel like crap and I want to sleep!

Where exactly is this pain?

Is is radiating from your shoulder joint down or from your shoulder blade down? And down to where?

Which side?

Do you still have your gall bladder?

Is is radiating from your shoulder joint down or from your shoulder blade down? And down to where?

Which side?

Left side, from my shoulder down to my forearm but most of the pain is in the entire shoulder area. Up where my shoulder blade is it feels more like if you have indigestion type sensation not pain. I did have some muscle weakness but physical threapy was successful with that, now it feels really deep down like the bone, from socket or just above socket on down.

Hope that helps but hard to describe it. I have my gallbadder! I am being treated with Vitamin-D 50000 once a week for 8 weeks. Just had my 3rd pill on Monday.

Last edited:
Have you had any imaging studies like an xray of the shoulder, arm, or neck?

Does the pain change when you turn your head?

I'm thinking that it could either be a rotator cuff issue (for which you should have an MRI), or maybe something in your neck, like a pinched nerve.

I'm thinking that it could either be a rotator cuff issue (for which you should have an MRI), or maybe something in your neck, like a pinched nerve.
No MRI because at first I thought it was just muscle pain. I did have very limited movement when it first happened so physical therapy was geared towards rotator cuff, but this is different type pain then when I first went into physical therapy.

no pain when I turn my neck. I can tell you as soon as my back is leaning up against anything it is a very dull toothache type pain. It hurts.

Tried lying on my opposite side and just as bad, tried to prop up arm, nope, used biofreeze with no help or relief. This sucks!

No MRI because at first I thought it was just muscle pain. I did have very limited movement when it first happened so physical therapy was geared towards rotator cuff, but this is different type pain then when I first went into physical therapy.

While standing, can you take your left arm and lift it straight out to the side all the way up to above your head?

If you can't lift it above horizontal, there could be a rotator cuff tear. The other issue could be impingement.

You might try Aleve in place of ibu...some people find the change is helpful

My husband is looking at a vehicle today, I hope he buys the sucker so I can go to the doctor. My doctor by the way is 30 miles away so it isn't like I can ride a bike or bug a neighbor. Hub cannot leave work, in a secure location.

While standing, can you take your left arm and lift it straight out to the side all the way up to above your head?

If you can't lift it above horizontal, there could be a rotator cuff tear. The other issue could be impingement.

You might try Aleve in place of ibu...some people find the change is helpful
Horizontal no pain, vertical a little pull, like when you stretch a muscle but no pain. What is impingement?

Which side?

Left side, from my shoulder down to my forearm but most of the pain is in the entire shoulder area. Up where my shoulder blade is it feels more like if you have indigestion type sensation not pain. I did have some muscle weakness but physical threapy was successful with that, now it feels really deep down like the bone, from socket or just above socket on down.

Hope that helps but hard to describe it. I have my gallbadder! I am being treated with Vitamin-D 50000 once a week for 8 weeks. Just had my 3rd pill on Monday.

Could be a torn Rotator but honestly that should give you a sharper pain when you use the arm and lifting the arm above the shoulder is excruciating. The other potential issue is somehow you threw your shoulder out of joint but these are simply guesses. On rare occasions I have taken 4, 200 mil ibuprofen tablets every 4 to 6 hours, no more than 4 times in a day and no more than 3 days in a row. I'm also a fairly big man without any kidney challenges, and I have been given 800 mil ibuprofen (Rx) before so unless you sorta match this physical description don't excede the recommended dosages. If you do follow this route that would be your decision, but call the Doc before you do and get his/her advice. They may be able to call in a script for you for pain.

A00032F01.jpg

See this picture well see where the word scapula is and Humerus? That is where I feel the most pain. It radiates down to the arm and even up where my socket is.

It probably is my rotator cuff for I didn't have any movement in the past and now I can raise it without pain. Perhaps the tear is healing but I had a relapse or something. I do have full movement of my arm now whereas before I didn't. I just don't understand though how this pain is different then before and how I felt so much better without pain until last night.

Forum List

Back