Ouch, this is going to hurt(some liberals)

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
The liars of
the anti-war movement

Posted: December 2, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern
Melanie Morgan

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

For the past two years, the old-line media has been more than willing to help broadcast the allegations made by the anti-war crowd that "Bush lied, soldiers died."

However, no matter how many times the likes of Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan have made this allegation, they've never been able to make it stick.

The only thing they've proven thus far is that they hold a twisted hatred of this country and feel consumed with resentment toward America's economic, military and political superiority.

It turns out that it's not George Bush or Dick Cheney who has been lying to the American people, but the very anti-war/anti-military folks who have been pointing fingers at the administration all along.

The record of deception by the anti-war crowd reached a new low this week when we learned that MoveOn.org was broadcasting an anti-military ad that purported to show U.S. troops in Iraq who, the ad said, should be pulled out of Iraq straight away.

A sharp-eyed American soldier brought it to the country's attention that the soldiers in the ad weren't American – they were British. MoveOn.org can't be blamed, of course, because they wouldn't recognize or appreciate an American military uniform if you paid them.

MoveOn then turned to deception to hide their mistake by graphically altering the uniforms that the soldiers were wearing. Did you all see this? sick.....

Lies, lies and more lies.

Maybe Michael Moore was in charge of the editing standards for MoveOn.org, because this is the same type of stunt Moore pulled when producing his anti-war propaganda flick, "Fahrenheit 9-11."

In that propaganda piece, Moore declared that President Bush had stolen the election, and that newspaper accounts backed up his outrageous charge.

The film showed a headline "Latest Florida recount shows Gore won Election" taken from a Bloomington, Ill., newspaper dated Dec. 19, 2001. This outrageous story was entirely made up by Michael Moore.

Shockingly, there never was such a story in the newspaper. Instead, there was a similar letter to the editor written by a private citizen two weeks prior. Moore took that letter, and mocked it up into a fake news story. He changed the date and the font sizes and appearance and tried to pass it off as a legitimate news story.

And this week Moore flatly denied he ever owned stock in defense contractor Halliburton – who he has made the boogey man in the Iraq war. Tax receipts show that Moore isn't telling the truth about that either.

Lies, lies and more lies, along with a dash of hypocrisy for good measure.

Anti-war politicians have joined in the game of deception recently.

Congressman John Murtha became a celebrity to anti-war groups recently when he called for an immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

TV analysts breathlessly reported the "stunning" development that a once-"hawkish" representative had turned on the war effort.

The anti-American message board DemocratUnderground was loaded with endless threads of discussion proclaiming the newfound bravery of Congressman Murtha.

No surprise here – Murtha was merely pulling a dishonest political stunt, and he used the willing accomplices of the old-line media and anti-war crowd to pull it off.

Fact is, 18 months earlier, Murtha stood shoulder-to-shoulder with one of the most shamefully dishonest members of Congress, Democrat Nancy Pelosi, and declared that we should cut and run from Iraq.

And this wasn't the first time Murtha had advocated cut-and-run.

Pay attention here, because you won't see this fact reported in any major newspaper or alphabet soup network: He gave the exact same advice to President Clinton after American troops were attacked and slaughtered by Al Qaida-backed terrorists in Somalia in 1993.

When Clinton followed Murtha's advice, it is reported to have emboldened Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, who have both said the incident showed that Americans lacked the will to fight for what they believed in.

But there stood an anguished Congressman Murtha under the hot klieg lights, with tears in his eyes, pretending he had come to some newfound opposition to the Iraq war.

Lies, lies and more lies and cowardice in the face of America's enemies to boot.

Is it any wonder then, that some of us do indeed question the patriotism of the anti-war crowd?

While the heroic men and women of the United States military are enduring hellish conditions in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting Islamo-fascists intent upon murdering them, they're being undermined here at home by shameful, guilt-ridden, spineless folks in the anti-war crowd who will tell any lie to justify their reprehensible conduct.

The next time someone on the Left attacks you, or your neighbor, or a friend for questioning their patriotism – calmly look them in the eye and answer back.

Yes, we certainly do question your patriotism.

Melanie Morgan is chairman of the conservative, pro-troop non-profit organization Move America Forward

of argument, it is always unpatriotic for citizens to express doubts about a war their country is engaged in.

Isn't that the definition of fascism?

Melanie's ideal world, I guess, would be "1984." Big Brother would help her feel safe. She wouldn't need to think for herself or ask hard questions.

Come on, everyone knows Michael Moore is a showboater, and even half of us liberals cringe when he's around.

And I couldn't agree more about the wimpiness of Murtha/Pelosi. Pelosi turned my stomach with her comments after Bush's speech the other night.

But that doesn't mean that Bush and his team didn't distort the intelligence, dropping qualifying phrases and hyping anything that supported their baseless view that attacking Iraq was the obvious answer to being attacked by Al Qaeda. This is the origin of the phrase "Bush lied, people died." Bush can disprove it by cooperating with the investigation, and showing us how he told the truth.

Our current predicament in Iraq is 100% the responsibility of Bush's unwillingness to consider how things might go wrong. Numerous advisors and elder statesmen, including his father's best friend Brent Scowcroft, tried in vain to talk with him about this. Remember how, 2000 dead U.S. soldiers ago, Bush was naive enough to think we'd won already?

I don't need a naive, arrogant president, and have every right to criticize him, no matter what Melanie thinks. I read it in a little piece of paper called the U.S. Constitution.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
of argument, it is always unpatriotic for citizens to express doubts about a war their country is engaged in.

Melanie's ideal world, I guess, would be "1984." Big Brother would help her feel safe. She wouldn't need to think for herself or ask hard questions.

Come on, everyone knows Michael Moore is a showboater, and even half of us liberals cringe when he's around.

And I couldn't agree more about the wimpiness of Murtha/Pelosi. Pelosi turned my stomach with her comments after Bush's speech the other night.

But that doesn't mean that Bush and his team didn't distort the intelligence, dropping qualifying phrases and hyping anything that supported their baseless view that attacking Iraq was the obvious answer to being attacked by Al Qaeda. This is the origin of the phrase "Bush lied, people died." Bush can disprove it by cooperating with the investigation, and showing us how he told the truth.

Our current predicament in Iraq is 100% the responsibility of Bush's unwillingness to consider how things might go wrong. Numerous advisors and elder statesmen, including his father's best friend Brent Scowcroft, tried in vain to talk with him about this. Remember how, 2000 dead U.S. soldiers ago, Bush was naive enough to think we'd won already?

I don't need a naive, arrogant president, and have every right to criticize him, no matter what Melanie thinks. I read it in a little piece of paper called the U.S. Constitution.

Mariner.

Then criticize with the truth and offer alternative ways to succeed. But I sure as hell will criticize the pariotism of liars who insist on looking at the facts with a singular and slanted viewpoint. Constructive criticism will help America--not drag her and her people through the mud

According to this line of argument, it is always unpatriotic for citizens to express doubts about a war their country is engaged in.

No, this is the definition of fascism...

a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Fascism is what we defeated in Iraq....

Plus, expressing doubts about a war is not the issue that conservatives have with the anti-war crowd. The issue is the anti-war crowd constantly repeating lies about the war and the events leading up to it that also have a demoralizing effect on our troops.

Bingo-----disguising an all out mud slinging attempt to discredit the President and his supporters as some kind of constructive critism is about as dishonest as you can get. Quit whining when you get busted for attempting to cover up your real agenda. You have no interest WHATSOEVER in helping our President complete the task in Iraq. From day one all you have done is attempt to make him look like an idiot. It's not working but you're looking pretty stupid now.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

Hmm, didn't think you had a comprehension problem. Didn't you notice that it was the group, Moveon.org that was altering history? Much more like Big Brother than anything proposed by the administrator. Right of Stalin's view of the new world.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

YEAH. You CAN critisize him. Nobody is saying honest criticism is unpatriotic. Honest is a key word there. But regardless, for it to be fascist, they would have to be imprisoned. As it is, being unpatriotic isn't a criminal offense.

theim said:
YEAH. You CAN critisize him. Nobody is saying honest criticism is unpatriotic. Honest is a key word there. But regardless, for it to be fascist, they would have to be imprisoned. As it is, being unpatriotic isn't a criminal offense.

Exactly. You can disagree with everything this country stands for and disagree with the president that runs it. That is the definition of unpatriotic. However, you dont goto jail in a country that has free speech for being unpatriotic. Your free to espouse all the lies and bullshit you want. We are free to call you on it and call you unpatriotic for it.

show me some evidence that Bush presented for the war that has since been confirmed to be true... ?

Every major piece of evidence he cited has now been shown to be KNOWN false at the time he cited it. Yet the only way we've been able to learn this is via leaks or the statements of disillusioned people like Powell and his aide, because Bush refuses to share the privileged communications he had. He then fudged the issue by lying--claiming that Congress had access to the same intelligence he did. It took more leaks to prove that this this was wrong (e.g. the leak of the memo that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, which Bush never mentioned to us citizens or to Congress).

As for fascism--yes, look at that definition, and you can see the flavor of every single bit of it in the way Bush has dealt with treaties, with the rights of enemy combatants, with the requests of Congress for information and cooperation, and with putting down those who criticize him, calling them unpatriotic. In any case, I wasn't talking about Bush. I was talking about Melanie.

Did you see the excellent analysis of Andrew Yoo's ideas in the New York Review of Books a few weeks ago? Yoo is the Berkeley professor who believes in an imperial presidency, and was a major influence on the administration's thinking. Cheney's two new aides are Yoo proteges. But as the NYRB showed, his thinking falls apart when confronted with that small piece of paper, the U.S. Constitution, where it could not be more clear that the president is a private citizen, that treaties have the force of law, and that "cruel and unusual punishment," e.g. torture, is forbidden.

By the way, just like most of you here, I think MoveOn.org is badly biased.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
show me some evidence that Bush presented for the war that has since been confirmed to be true... ?

Every major piece of evidence he cited has now been shown to be KNOWN false at the time he cited it. Yet the only way we've been able to learn this is via leaks or the statements of disillusioned people like Powell and his aide, because Bush refuses to share the privileged communications he had. He then fudged the issue by lying--claiming that Congress had access to the same intelligence he did. It took more leaks to prove that this this was wrong (e.g. the leak of the memo that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, which Bush never mentioned to us citizens or to Congress).

As for fascism--yes, look at that definition, and you can see the flavor of every single bit of it in the way Bush has dealt with treaties, with the rights of enemy combatants, with the requests of Congress for information and cooperation, and with putting down those who criticize him, calling them unpatriotic. In any case, I wasn't talking about Bush. I was talking about Melanie.

Did you see the excellent analysis of Andrew Yoo's ideas in the New York Review of Books a few weeks ago? Yoo is the Berkeley professor who believes in an imperial presidency, and was a major influence on the administration's thinking. Cheney's two new aides are Yoo proteges. But as the NYRB showed, his thinking falls apart when confronted with that small piece of paper, the U.S. Constitution, where it could not be more clear that the president is a private citizen, that treaties have the force of law, and that "cruel and unusual punishment," e.g. torture, is forbidden.

By the way, just like most of you here, I think MoveOn.org is badly biased.

Mariner.

This is what I meant by proving yourself a troll. You respond to a post that was on the nonsense being put around by the MSM as fact. Your response deals with it as though it's fact. When called out on the 1984 reference, you agree that the source is a joke; then challenge the rest of us to prove it false. :trolls:

Forum List

Back