OTM - Other than Mexican

I just heard an alarming statistic on the news that the border patrol picks up 10 percent "OTMS" crossing the border each year. Guess where many of them are from?

From my own experience, I'd guess a lot of them are from Central America. But I remember reading stories about a group of Somali terrorists shipped across the Mexico-Texas border which wasn't calculated to make me sleep easier.

WSB-TV 2 published a population breakdown from an Immigration and Customs Enforcement staging facility in Florence, Ariz., dated April 15, 2010, which includes detainees from as far away as Afghanistan, Armenia, Bosnia, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Morocco, Pakistan, Sudan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Botswana, Turkey and many other countries.

Based on U.S. Border Patrol statistics, there were 30,147 OTMs apprehended in fiscal year 2003; 44, 614 in fiscal year 2004; 165,178 in fiscal year 2005; and 108,025 in fiscal year 2006. Most were caught along the U.S. Southwest border.

According to the Department of Homeland Security’s 2008 Yearbook of Immigration Studies, from the Office of Immigration Statistics, federal law enforcement agencies detained 791,568 deportable aliens in fiscal year 2008 – and 5,506 of them were from 14 “special-interest countries.”

Special interest countries include Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, etc. "Man made disaster" potentials. (can't use the t-word these days)

'Other Than Mexican' Border Security Threat

Apparently entering the country from Mexico is in one of the overseas contintingency manuals.

I just heard an alarming statistic on the news that the border patrol picks up 10 percent "OTMS" crossing the border each year. Guess where many of them are from?

Europe? J/K I would say China, the Middle East and Latin America!

New Topics

Forum List

Back