other than?

other then a total ban on all semi automatics, how exactly will Obama succeed in stopping a future shooting?

he's going to seek you out and beg you to stop making retarded posts on the internet.

You being a dumbass will think he is coming for your guns and go out in a blaze of glory.

For the paranoid gun huggers let me add to the above post [#18] that your state could choose to regulate gun ownership by licensing or not. And, if your state decided to confiscate all of your beloved guns by any means other than the will of the people, the Federal Government, under the authority of our Constitution***, will intervene and protect your right to bear arms.

***Article IV, Sec. 4

Nope, not seeing that in the Constitution

Try the 4th Amendment.

You must have gone to school in Texas. Article IV, Sec 4, to wit:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against Domestic Violence.

Section 4 - The Meaning [http://www.annenbergclassroom.org/p...e-iv-section-4&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1]
This provision, known as the guarantee clause, is attributed to James Madison. It has not been widely interpreted, but scholars think it ensures that each state be run as a representative democracy, as opposed to a monarchy (run by a king or queen) or a dictatorship (where one individual or group of individuals controls the government). Courts however have been reluctant to specify what exactly a republican form of government means, leaving that decision exclusively to Congress.

The section also gives Congress the power (and obligation) to protect the states from an invasion by a foreign country, or from significant violent uprisings within each state. It authorizes the legislature of each state (or the executive, if the legislature cannot be assembled in time) to request federal help with riots or other violence.

Last edited:
other then a total ban on all semi automatics, how exactly will Obama succeed in stopping a future shooting?

Sounds like a reasonable question. One that I asked myself. I think the idea is this;

Somewhere in American some divorced or married mom/dad is raising a weird son. He is playing for hours at a time on violent video games. He has no friends. He is a social misfit. He is out there right now. As the kid grows up, Mom/Dad likes shooting and may decide to bond with their son by purchasing and learning to shoot a gun. Many parents do this type of thing, including me.

IF the mother/father who is buying the gun is limited to buying a weapon that has much less in the way of rate of fire and lethality of ammo, then the number of deaths from a crazy gun act would be less.

Not that it would eliminate crazy gun acts. Just make them less lethal. And less likely because in the future you couldn't easily buy the more lethal type weapons.

Sounds reasonable and worth a try to me.

Had Adam Lanza decided to use the weapon that Timothy McVeigh used the dead count would have been much higher. He chose an AR so the dead count was much less.

Dumb statements are dumb.

26 dead people or 15 dead people ... it's too many dead people. His choice of tool isn't the problem.

Nope, not seeing that in the Constitution

Try the 4th Amendment.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against Domestic Violence.

Section 4 - The Meaning [http://www.annenbergclassroom.org/p...e-iv-section-4&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1]
This provision, known as the guarantee clause, is attributed to James Madison. It has not been widely interpreted, but scholars think it ensures that each state be run as a representative democracy, as opposed to a monarchy (run by a king or queen) or a dictatorship (where one individual or group of individuals controls the government). Courts however have been reluctant to specify what exactly a republican form of government means, leaving that decision exclusively to Congress.

The section also gives Congress the power (and obligation) to protect the states from an invasion by a foreign country, or from significant violent uprisings within each state. It authorizes the legislature of each state (or the executive, if the legislature cannot be assembled in time) to request federal help with riots or other violence.

Hey retard, was your handle on the post I quoted, there was no reference to your post, remember every post is not about YOU.

Try the 4th Amendment.

Hey retard, was your handle on the post I quoted, there was no reference to your post, remember every post is not about YOU.

Mea culpa...that said, it was an honest mistake. You are from Texas.

Forum List

Back