other than?

Noone expects that whatever is done legislatively will stop all future gun violence; but that shou;dn't stop congress from passing common-sense gun restrictions. Like banning assault weapons, automatic weapons and extended clips.

Noone expects that whatever is done legislatively will stop all future gun violence; but that shou;dn't stop congress from passing common-sense gun restrictions.

Beautifully stated! The Liberal Agenda is to control the population, not protect it.

Noone expects that whatever is done legislatively will stop all future gun violence; but that shou;dn't stop congress from passing common-sense gun restrictions. Like banning assault weapons, automatic weapons and extended clips.

lol... I love it when libs use the term "common sense"... :)

other then a total ban on all semi automatics, how exactly will Obama succeed in stopping a future shooting?

Sounds like a reasonable question. One that I asked myself. I think the idea is this;

Somewhere in American some divorced or married mom/dad is raising a weird son. He is playing for hours at a time on violent video games. He has no friends. He is a social misfit. He is out there right now. As the kid grows up, Mom/Dad likes shooting and may decide to bond with their son by purchasing and learning to shoot a gun. Many parents do this type of thing, including me.

IF the mother/father who is buying the gun is limited to buying a weapon that has much less in the way of rate of fire and lethality of ammo, then the number of deaths from a crazy gun act would be less.

Not that it would eliminate crazy gun acts. Just make them less lethal. And less likely because in the future you couldn't easily buy the more lethal type weapons.

Sounds reasonable and worth a try to me.

lol... I love it when libs use the term "common sense"... :)

So, you think that we should all be allowed to walk around with any weapon we chose with no restrictions?

other then a total ban on all semi automatics, how exactly will Obama succeed in stopping a future shooting?

He can't, nor can putting a gun in every school, home, business, pocket or purse. Americans, liberals and progressives especially, need to a accept that guns and mass murder are part of our culture and Sandy Hook is simply one price we pay for freedom. The Congress and the NRA and you have known and accepted this for years. So, lets all step over the bodiles and quit crying as if death is something special; it is a normal and expected occurrence - like earthquakes and hurricanes, tornadoes and floods - and we do nothing to protect us from these events - don't we?

Any thing that is passed concerning restrictions on guns is merely a "feel good" law and will do nothing to prevent future shootings. Kooks and criminals will always find a way to kill.

Simple answer you can't but a ban makes some people feel better about themselves so they can say we stood up to the NRA and the evil gun people at least until the next nut job commits mass murder. Now just suppose we get the ban on weapons like the AR-15 what happens when someone uses a pistol that has say a eight round clip but they have four or five clips or they have four or five guns each with a eight round clip what about a shotgun which only holds six to eight shells but can take out more than one person especially in a confined space?

Simple answer you can't but a ban makes some people feel better about themselves so they can say we stood up to the NRA and the evil gun people at least until the next nut job commits mass murder. Now just suppose we get the ban on weapons like the AR-15 what happens when someone uses a pistol that has say a eight round clip but they have four or five clips or they have four or five guns each with a eight round clip what about a shotgun which only holds six to eight shells but can take out more than one person especially in a confined space?

So, we need to a accept that guns and mass murder are part of our culture and Sandy Hook is simply one price we pay for freedom. The Congress and the NRA and you have known and accepted this for years. So, lets all step over the bodiles and quit crying as if death is something special; it is a normal and expected occurrence - like earthquakes and hurricanes, tornadoes and floods - and we do nothing to protect us from these events - don't we?

So, we need to a accept that guns and mass murder are part of our culture and Sandy Hook is simply one price we pay for freedom. The Congress and the NRA and you have known and accepted this for years. So, lets all step over the bodiles and quit crying as if death is something special; it is a normal and expected occurrence - like earthquakes and hurricanes, tornadoes and floods - and we do nothing to protect us from these events - don't we?
I gave you all be it hypothetical the assault weapons ban I reduced a clip capacity to eight rounds for a pistol as I pointed out shotguns only hold six to eight shells and are used for hunting and asked what would then be done if guns like these were used in a mass killing a question you did not address by the way. Something else that you and the left seem not to want to address in regards to this issue because you seem to have such tunnel vision on the guns is the mental health aspect if people do see warning signs in someone that suggest they might be violent or go on one of these killing sprees it is basically impossible to get them involuntary committed we spend so much time talking about how to get the guns off the streets maybe we should spend at least as much time trying to figure out how to get these people off the streets and get them the help they need.I wonder how many of these incidents could have been avoided by doing this?

I gave you all be it hypothetical the assault weapons ban I reduced a clip capacity to eight rounds for a pistol as I pointed out shotguns only hold six to eight shells and are used for hunting and asked what would then be done if guns like these were used in a mass killing a question you did not address by the way. [Sorry, shotguns are lethal for sure but they are much more likely to jam than a semi-auto like the AR 15; also, they kick and are not as easy to train on moving targets (unless one is very skilled); their noise alone gives a loud and clear warning, and as we know groups of people scatter at the first sound of a gunshot something an AR 15 does not] Something else that you and the left seem not to want to address in regards to this issue because you seem to have such tunnel vision on the guns is the mental health aspect if people do see warning signs in someone that suggest they might be violent or go on one of these killing sprees it is basically impossible to get them involuntary committed we spend so much time talking about how to get the guns off the streets maybe we should spend at least as much time trying to figure out how to get these people off the streets [Habeas Corpus which prevents us from being like the Soviet States and the Fascist States prevent the "easy" detention of our citizens no matter how strange they may act] and get them the help they need.I wonder how many of these incidents could have been avoided by doing this?

While we cannot lock up those authorities might think to be dangerous we can do a much better job of checking the background of those who want to own a gun. The best way IMO is for each state to have the authority to license anyone who wants to own, possess or have in their custody and control a firearm. We license drivers, doctors, contractors, teachers and revoke their ability to work in their chosen occupation for cause.

If we required a gun license and owners understood that beating up their wife or husband, driving and drinking, using drugs or any crime of violence would cause them to lost their license and firearms we might accomplish a whole lot with very little cost or limitation of the rights of gun owners.

Last edited:

Sounds like a reasonable question. One that I asked myself. I think the idea is this;

Somewhere in American some divorced or married mom/dad is raising a weird son. He is playing for hours at a time on violent video games. He has no friends. He is a social misfit. He is out there right now. As the kid grows up, Mom/Dad likes shooting and may decide to bond with their son by purchasing and learning to shoot a gun. Many parents do this type of thing, including me.

IF the mother/father who is buying the gun is limited to buying a weapon that has much less in the way of rate of fire and lethality of ammo, then the number of deaths from a crazy gun act would be less.

Not that it would eliminate crazy gun acts. Just make them less lethal. And less likely because in the future you couldn't easily buy the more lethal type weapons.

Sounds reasonable and worth a try to me.

This is two of the things gun grabbers attempt to pass off as facts that are patently false.

All semi-automatics fire at exactly the same rate...one round per trigger squeeze, that's the same for revolvers too.

As for lethality of ammo...the .223 is the same bullet size as a .22LR...you know, the rim-fire .22?

Picture005.jpg

Up until last year, it was illegal to hunt whitetail with a .223 caliber in Missouri.

untitled11_zps72bd95c4-1_zpse4981571.jpg

See .223 Remington down there in the "varmint" class?

If the rating continued down into further into the rim-fires, next would be .22 long and .22 short.

Last edited:
For the paranoid gun huggers let me add to the above post [#18] that your state could choose to regulate gun ownership by licensing or not. And, if your state decided to confiscate all of your beloved guns by any means other than the will of the people, the Federal Government, under the authority of our Constitution***, will intervene and protect your right to bear arms.

***Article IV, Sec. 4

Forum List

Back