Other than piss off unions, what did Scott Walker do to deserve a recall?

What did Walker do to deserve recall other than pissing off the unions?

Nothing. But apparently, enough Wisconsin voters are pissed at that decision that they've decided to recall him.

That's how it works.

Um..........is that what you think I think?

Any comment on job losses in WI?

Based on your asinine comment regarding my challenge, your agreement was implied. If you do not agree with Peach, then your post was meaningless.

As for job losses, I posted a link to my information in the OP. If that information is in error, or old, please feel free to post a link to a source correcting it. I'd be happy to reword my comments on jobs, should you provide proof my source was in error. Fair is fair.

My agreement was implied? Sorry...but that is just stupid. Re-read.

Wisconsin has lost jobs for 6 months running, genius. They are not middle of the pack when it comes to job creation at this point in time.

did you, or did you not review the link in the OP? Do you, or do you not have something of substance to counter my cited source, or not?

Nothing. But apparently, enough Wisconsin voters are pissed at that decision that they've decided to recall him.

That's how it works.

Did you actually read the OP, or just the thread title?

From post #1...
The unions and the Dems tout the million plus signatures, currently being verified, as proof that Walker was no longer popular in Wisconsin and should be recalled. The problem with that theory is that it’s barely the number of people that voted against Walker when he won the election in the first place. Walker had 52% of the vote (1,128,159), while his Democratic opponent had 47%, or 1,005,008 votes. In other words, the unions and the Dems, after all that money and all that effort, converted no one to their cause.

I reacted to your statement with a point of fact. The State of Wisconsin is bleeding jobs for the last 6 months....while just about every other state is gaining them. You have misrepresented the situation when it comes to jobs in Wisconsin. Period. Nothing in your link changes that.

Just a heads up......you might look elsewhere for an easy win. I don't make statements that I cannot support.....and I'll get bored with you if you persist in doing so.

I reacted to your statement with a point of fact. The State of Wisconsin is bleeding jobs for the last 6 months....while just about every other state is gaining them. You have misrepresented the situation when it comes to jobs in Wisconsin. Period. Nothing in your link changes that.

Just a heads up......you might look elsewhere for an easy win. I don't make statements that I cannot support.....and I'll get bored with you if you persist in doing so.

Wisconsin State Unemployment Rate and Total Unemployed | Department of Numbers

That's how it works.

From post #1...
The unions and the Dems tout the million plus signatures, currently being verified, as proof that Walker was no longer popular in Wisconsin and should be recalled. The problem with that theory is that it’s barely the number of people that voted against Walker when he won the election in the first place. Walker had 52% of the vote (1,128,159), while his Democratic opponent had 47%, or 1,005,008 votes. In other words, the unions and the Dems, after all that money and all that effort, converted no one to their cause.

It doesn't matter if it's the same number of people who voted against Walker. If Wisconsin still supports Walker, then he'll win the recall election. If not, he'll lose.

Until then, all the speculation in the world simply doesn't matter.

That's how it works.

From post #1...

It doesn't matter if it's the same number of people who voted against Walker. If Wisconsin still supports Walker, then he'll win the recall election. If not, he'll lose.

My point was that no one was converted to the cause. They couldn't beat him in the election, so they forced a recall.

If, note the use of the word if, they cannot beat him in the recall election, what then? Force yet another recall... and another... and another... where does it end?

From post #1...

My point was that no one was converted to the cause. They couldn't beat him in the election, so they forced a recall.

If, note the use of the word if, they cannot beat him in the recall election, what then? Force yet another recall... and another... and another... where does it end?

We have no idea if anyone was "converted" or not. The fact that the groups pushing for recall collected a million signatures doesn't mean that those are the only people who are going to vote against Walker in the recall.

You can't compare petition signatures with votes, it's not anywhere near that simple.

and without a link, there was nothing but your word it was a point of fact.

I misrepresented nothing. Here is the link I sourced the info from...

Job Growth by State | Department of Numbers

Job Growth by State

The table below shows the BLS defined December 2011 employment data for the 50 states and the District of Columbia. The Data comes from the Current Population Survey (i.e. Household Survey) and the Current Employment Statistics (i.e. Payroll) survey. Metro area employment data is also available. Visit the employment overview page to see all employment and jobs data.

The last column is the December 2011 CPS jobs percent change. It shows exactly what I stated in the OP... Wisconsin with a .24% increase... right in the middle of the pack, state-wise.

We have no idea if anyone was "converted" or not. The fact that the groups pushing for recall collected a million signatures doesn't mean that those are the only people who are going to vote against Walker in the recall.

You can't compare petition signatures with votes, it's not anywhere near that simple.

It's a valid inference on my part.

If just over 1,000,000 people voted against Walker in the general election, and just over 1,000,000 people signed petitions to recall Walker, it is perfectly valid to infer from that that the same people who initially voted against Walker probably also signed the petition to recall him.

did walker end unions? No. So either stick with the topic, or fuck off.

It's not like he didn't try.

please, show me a link to something that proves he tried to abolish unions.

And no, unsubstantiated blogs don't count as proof.

Uh, gee Goofy, what is you think "end collective bargaining" means?

goofy1.png

It's not like he didn't try.

please, show me a link to something that proves he tried to abolish unions.

And no, unsubstantiated blogs don't count as proof.

Uh, gee Goofy, what is you think "end collective bargaining" means?

goofy1.png

Did ending collective bargaining end the unions? Really? There are no more unions in Wisconsin? I bet the union leaders will be very interested to hear they don't exist anymore.

Moron.

If just over 1,000,000 people voted against Walker in the general election, and just over 1,000,000 people signed petitions to recall Walker, it is perfectly valid to infer from that that the same people who initially voted against Walker probably also signed the petition to recall him.

It would only be a "valid inference" if every single registered voter in Wisconsin had the opportunity to either sign or not sign the petition, which certainly isn't true.

As I said, we'll just have to see when the election comes. Maybe you're right.

It would only be a "valid inference" if every single registered voter in Wisconsin had the opportunity to either sign or not sign the petition, which certainly isn't true.

You're telling me only 'some' voters were allowed to sign the recall petition? That some were prevented from signing?

You're telling me only 'some' voters were allowed to sign the recall petition? That some were prevented from signing?

No one was "prevented" from signing.

But not every voter was asked.

he balanced the budget. Kind of hard to overwhelm and collapse the government with a balanced budget.

To those who are so solicitous about job growth in my state: Wisconsin is in great shape fiscally. The recall nonsense has probably inhibited our progress, much like Obama's lost year on ACA put a damper on the effectiveness of the stimulus, but overall things are looking good.

Meddling Democrats cause a lot of grief. :eusa_angel: But this too shall pass and Wisconsin will be just fine. :thup:

WMC 2012 Economic Outlook Survey: 94 Percent of CEOs Say State is Headed in Right Direction; Recalls, Political Instability Cast A Shadow on Optimism

Wisconsin CEOs are bullish about Wisconsin heading into 2012, with 94 percent saying the state is heading in the right direction, but executives increasingly cite recalls and political instability as a business concern, a survey of WMC members found.

WMC - Press Releases

Last edited:

Forum List

Back