Other than piss off unions, what did Scott Walker do to deserve a recall?

RECALL SCOTT WALKER NOW discusses the criminal caseS:

Scott Walker, Meet John Doe | Recall Scott Walker NOW!
Where's evidence?

Where's the opposing candidate?
Oddball: I was answering the claim of Conservative that the recall movement was a union only measure. RECALL SCOTT WALKER NOW isn't, nor is the Sauk county recall group a union organization. I thought I'd trade Rick Scott for anybody, but not Walker. Blago, a DEMOCRAT, is the worst I have heard of in decades.
I'd take Walker, Scott or Jeb! Bush over him ANYTIME.
The recall was almost entirely a union effort...Finding a small counter-example that is part of the overall effort by the unions in general, and bureaucrat unions in particular, is nonwithstanding navel gazing.

Who you may or may not support is equally irrelevant to the fact that the Democrat Party in WI hasn't yet come up with a candidate to try and unseat Walker.

Where's evidence?

Where's the opposing candidate?
Oddball: I was answering the claim of Conservative that the recall movement was a union only measure. RECALL SCOTT WALKER NOW isn't, nor is the Sauk county recall group a union organization. I thought I'd trade Rick Scott for anybody, but not Walker. Blago, a DEMOCRAT, is the worst I have heard of in decades.
I'd take Walker, Scott or Jeb! Bush over him ANYTIME.

then you were answering a claim I never made. I said it began.. was started... the impetus was... from the Dems and the unions. I did not say they were the sole and only forces in the recall efforts.

YOU claimed initially that it began, was started, the impetus was... from the staff issues.

You later changed your wording to say the staff issues were 'part' of the reason, which is certainly possible.

I see all manner of opinions on Walkers guilt... but no evidence.
Conservative, the claim was unions were the main, if not only, force behind the move to recall Scott Walker; glad he helped the economy, if enough state residents like Amelia turn out, he'll not be recalled. Jeb! & Rick Scott have worked no such miracles in Florida; 9.9% unemployment as of December. Our legislature is majority Republican also. And I agree, the Davis recall appeared to be non partisan.

the dems and the unions were indeed the main force that instigated the recall.

please, show me a link to something that proves he tried to abolish unions.

And no, unsubstantiated blogs don't count as proof.

Uh, gee Goofy, what is you think "end collective bargaining" means?

goofy1.png

Did ending collective bargaining end the unions? Really? There are no more unions in Wisconsin? I bet the union leaders will be very interested to hear they don't exist anymore.

Moron.

I'm a "moron"? And you? Stuck on "stupid".

Unions are fighting back. If they let "no collective bargaining" stand they would cease to exist at "unions". You can't really be trying to debate and not know that? It's not possible. Is it?

Unions are fighting back. If they let "no collective bargaining" stand they would cease to exist at "unions". You can't really be trying to debate and not know that? It's not possible. Is it?

Yes, you are. It's general knowledge on the board.

So, that's all unions do? Collective bargaining? Really? You want to go with that? They don't address worker grievances?

THIS... is what unions do...
Labor Unions: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty
Economists who study unions—including some who are avowedly prounion—analyze them as cartels that raise wages above competitive levels by restricting the supply of labor to various firms and industries.
Many unions have won higher wages and better working conditions for their members. In doing so, however, they have reduced the number of jobs available in unionized companies. That second effect occurs because of the basic law of demand: if unions successfully raise the price of labor, employers will purchase less of it. Thus, unions are a major anticompetitive force in labor markets. Their gains come at the expense of consumers, nonunion workers, the jobless, taxpayers, and owners of corporations.
“Most, if not all, unions have monopoly power, which they can use to raise wages above competitive levels”
Unions are immune from taxation and from antitrust laws.
union officials can force compulsory union dues from employees—members and nonmembers alike—as a condition for keeping their jobs. Unions often use these funds for political purposes—political campaigns and voter registration, for example—unrelated to collective bargaining or to employee grievances, despite the illegality of this under federal law.
Despite considerable rhetoric to the contrary, unions have blocked the economic advance of blacks, women, and other minorities. That is because another of their functions, once they have raised wages above competitive levels, is to ration the jobs that remain. The union can discriminate on the basis of blood relationships or skin color rather than auctioning off (openly selling) the valuable jobs to the highest-bidding applicants.
In recent decades, union representation of workers has declined in all private industries in the United States. A major reason is that employees do not like unions.
Unions, essentially... suck.

Uh, gee Goofy, what is you think "end collective bargaining" means?

goofy1.png

Did ending collective bargaining end the unions? Really? There are no more unions in Wisconsin? I bet the union leaders will be very interested to hear they don't exist anymore.

Moron.

If you have to ask.....:eusa_whistle:

I see rdean is still crying about the "END of collective bargaining" when in fact, it was merely an effort to limit it.

I'm wondering if he ever tells the truth.

He's like the Mr. Truthmatters.

Forum List

Back