Other than immediate family and work mates

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
do you have many people you can call friend?Do you infact have any at all?

I don't think you do.

I have half of one.

I don't think you do.

I have half of one.

Curious question for a thread. Are you talking about real life friends or forum buddies?

I never sat back to count them. What's it to you how many friends any of us have?

I could name them--just the ones in the area. I have other friends that I have less contact with but when we see each other we just pick up where we left off as if no time or distance had elapsed.

These are true friends--not just acquaintances- and not related to work.

Last edited:
I have two friends I would do anything for, no questions asked. I would help them hide the bodies. They are, without a doubt, my best friends. One of them is my wife.

Hmm. None of the people I can trust and count on well enough to call "friends" are either workmates or members of my family.

Friends?

Define what you mean by a friend.

Ssrious question because by some definitions friends are quite common, and by another they're rarer than hens' teeth.

I have a copuple people I've known for over a decade who I see, talk to, hang out with regularly...not daily.. but several times a week.

Is that what YOU mean by friends?

I don't think you do.

I have half of one.

I have a small circle (about 10) of friends that I first met in my teens (over 20 years ago....dammit) at a local bar in Bucks.

I have about the same number of former work colleagues who I would call good friends.

And then of course there's Charlie Bass. :eusa_whistle:

work place...yall like those fuckers...damn it must be me....i am not much with my work mates...one i get on with fine...we are both just too bitchie to care....the chick can kiss my ass....my boss and i get on for 4 of days our 5.....

close friends: 2 ...both males....no i havent fucked them ....we are just close friends....one female friend who annoys the shit out of me a lot....

my defination of a friend: comes back..hits fridge...goes man you only got one beer left (i dont drink but hubby does) proceeds to open the beer and goes...time for a beer run....a friend is the person you call at 3 am...and go ...fuck i am in trouble...i need this this and 400 bucks.....they will both come and bring what i need....expect the money back and bitch like hell at me for calling at 3 am....

Last edited:
of course in my defense...they could call me anytime anywhere and say they needed me...i would hang up the phone, grab all my credit cards, toss on shoes and a coat and be gone to help them....it really is nice to have a couple of people who are good solid friends...who will tell you to fuck youself when you need to be told....who will sit quietly and wait....never pushing you to reveal or expose yourself...knowing you will share your pain when you need too...i would rather have these 2 or 3 friends than all the aquaintances in the world

I don't think you do.

I have half of one.

Yup. Have very good friends in fact. I've bent over backwards and helped them time after time in their time of need, and they've helped me. It goes on. I had no "good" friends like that out west, so that's part of the reason I relish my move back to Wisconsin. This is where those good friends are. But what do you expect from people you've been close to for over 40 years?

Sorry to hear about your situation rommy. Wish you had more friends.

Why don't you?

Last edited:
In order to have friends, you must be one.

And then you still don't know if you have a friends until push comes to shove and you need those friends.

Many of us, I am assuming have had the experience of having it come undone in our lives only to discover how many of our friends turned out to be fair-weather friends, right?

I got that wake-up call when I was in my late twenties.

I I go through life with a lot of acquaintances who I like, but who I do NOT think of as friends.

That title is reserved for a very special kind of person who has gone through trials with me and stood by me during those hard times.

Very few people make that cut.

When you got money
You got lots of friends
Coming round your doors
But when the money fades
And all your bread is gone
They won't be round anymore.
God bless the child who's got his own...
Who's got his own.​

In order to have friends, you must be one.

Exactly. I have several good true friends, many of whom I've known since childhood. I know my friends will come through for me because they already have, and they know I'll come through for them because I already have. In life, there's nothing better than surrounding yourself with genuine good people! :cool:

When a guy calls you up at ten o'clock at night, drunk, stuck in a ditch in the middle of a snow storm because he was driving like a dummy after a fight with his girl friend, asking for you come down and pull him out before the cops find him because you have a big four wheel drive... and you do it... THAT'S being a friend.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back