Other People's Post as your Signature

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
how do you insert a post from someone as your signature?

I usually just copy/paste but if I can't get the font/size right, I'll just retype it and delete what I copied/pasted. You can quote it, then copy/paste and it will show up as a quote. In mine, I made sure to put the post number, for verification.

some look different than others.......

I'm such a tease. OK, take the post you want, highlight the part you want, right-click and you'll get "+quote/reply" -- choose "quote".

Then go down to the message box (here) and pick "insert quotes".

Then take THAT -- with the header and all --- and cut it into your clipboard.

Then open your sigline and insert it there.

It won't give you font choices, but it will give you a link back to the original post. If that doesn't matter, you can just quote the words, attribute them manually, and then you can set font, size, color, justification, all that.

I'm such a tease. OK, take the post you want, highlight the part you want, right-click and you'll get "+quote/reply" -- choose "quote".

some look different than yours too - I'm not quite ready yet to do it but I was trying to figure it out .... frustrating! grr!

It won't give you font choices, but it will give you a link back to the original post. If that doesn't matter, you can just quote the words, attribute them manually, and then you can set font, size, color, justification, all that.

what's the "clipboard"? I must not use it much or at all...?

The clipboard is that invisible imaginary area that whatever you "copy" or "cut" goes to so you can paste it.

If you copy something -- words, an image, whatever --- it's in your clipboard.

gotta go... I'll be back later for lessons!

Just find someone/something you want to quote, copy, open up your signature box, paste, and edit as needed.

The clipboard is that invisible imaginary area that whatever you "copy" or "cut" goes to so you can paste it.

If you copy something -- words, an image, whatever --- it's in your clipboard.

I can't be here and have my signature area open at the same time, or do I need to have two USMB windows open?

i did it! Thank you Pogo. I owe you ... <yikes!>

Forum List

Back