Other people's money: Should people who don't pay taxes be allowed to vote?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Xenophon, Apr 27, 2010.

?

If you don't pay taxes should you be allowed to vote

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Been thinking about this ever since barry became POTUS, how fair is it that people that don't pay a dime to support the country can vote in politicians who will buy them off with entitlements using other people's money.

This trade off of votes for entitlements is highlighted by Barry's latest call to arms to minorities and woman to come out and support him in the mid terms. Obama has been pandering to Latinos while states like Arizona are litterally drowning in illeagals, and instead of addressing the problem his big reaction is to go after the state government that was forced to do his job.

So back to the theme of this, do you believe its ethical to use the voting process to take money from people who earn it and give it to those who do not.

I am not talking Constitution here, as it clearly is, although the founders would do flip flops in their graves if they saw how their ideas are now perverted.

2. Bill O'Olberman

Bill O'Olberman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Everyone pays atleast pays a minimal amount of taxes. If I give up my right to vote does that mean theyll stop charging me sales tax, gas tax, tax on alcohol and cigs, stop taking social security and medicare out of my pay check, and stop withholding some of my money?

I have a problem with how entitlements are administered in the United States today but I have no problem with governmenmt assistance on a temporary basis to those who need help. People living on unemployment, disabilty, and other welfare programs arent usually living a life of luxury.

I believe in the notion of "one person, one vote" and that everyone who has reached the age of majority and has registered for selective service should have the right to vote.

Would it be fair that I have to register for the draft but have no say in electing someone who would send me oversees to fight in a war?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  3. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    What a fucking moron Xenophon is. EVERYONE pays taxes.

4. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,818
    cool, another retarded fringe thread.

:thup:

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

5. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,232
    In in favor of a half vote for the leetches...............and how is that not fair? Or, those of us who dont feed off the system get 2 votes and they get one!!!

Also........a basic test in civics should be mandatory. Think about it...........Democrats would NEVER win an election except for the rolls of the stupids. For example, if you indicate that the president controls the gas prices, no vote for you. If you think that Sarah Palin is Obama's vice president, no vote for you.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  6. Xenophon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Negged for getting personal.

Learn how to talk to people dickwad.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617

How many people, do you suppose, served, was wounded or even died for this nation who never paid a dime in taxes?

Your childish notion of fairness demands a very narrow view of reality, Xen.

8. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,818

or create a caste system. the upper class gets a vote which equals 1000 votes of the class below, and so on.

wouldn't that be great?

as long as you are in the upper class.

9. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I pay NO federal income tax since 2003, because I retired and never make more than 11K a year doing a little piddly consulting work here and there. In fact, Uncle Sam pays ME come April 15.

However, during my working life I paid my fair share of income tax. The money and wealth I have accumulated has already been taxed.

Should I get to vote?

10. Xenophon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    I expect better from you, I didn't give an opinion, nor is it a 'childish notion' to note that a large number of voters are supporting politicians based not on whether they are upholding the public trust, but on whther they are getting a big enough piece of someone else's money.