Other Message Boards

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
This is just a general reminder for all USMB members:

Most of us are members on other message boards, political and otherwise. That is each respective member's personal business and I have nothing to say about it one way or the other. I myself am a member on several.

Where I or USMB has something to say is: whatever business you have with other message boards you need to take up with them. USMB is not a forum for bitching about other forums anymore than it is for pimping them.

In other words, if you have a probem with another message board, feel free to go to that message board and take your problem up with them. I've gone to great pains to ensure there is no animosity between USMB and any other forums and I don't appreciate being undermined by people who can't see big-picture enough to realize their actions are construed as reflective of this board.

And naming names ... this is not a sounding board for people who get banned at DP. E-mail Jim. I've never known him to not respond, but I HAVE known him to bend over backwards allowing members to return.

Sympathy level from me is "0" when most everyone I know banned at DP were banned for questioning staff decisions in public forums and/or basically traumatizing the board with a running gun battle all over the board questioning staff and/or rules. It's a quick ticket to time out there, just as it is here, just as it is on most message boards.

I however, an completely unwilling to engage in, or tolerate a "board war" because some holier-than-thou," "I have my rights" types refuse to obey rules. Don't like the rules? Leave. That applies here, there or anywhere else. No one drags you by the heels down to the computer and forces you to log in.

What is DP?

Debate Policy. It is the current forum of the original owner of this forum. When this board was sold the first time, the new owner came in and just started making arbitrary changes that suited him but pissed off most of the then-current members. That's where the current color schematics and chutzy emoticons came from.

When Jim saw what happened and that members were bailing right and left, he recreated this board under the Debate Policy name. Most of us went to DP. The owner of USMB turned around and sold it to another guy, and some of us came back to give him a chance. USMB again sold to the current owner.

So there is a realtionship between the two boards, and sometimes it causes problems. I've had people who were pissed at me from here go to DP and trash the Hell out of me, and some people here take shots at DP and Jim or his admin, Darin.

I consider it unacceptable and will close it down if and when I see it. Anyone that has a problem with Jim, or Darin or DP needs to go to Jim or Darin and DP to voice said grievance. I consider it unacceptable that anyone from here go running to DP singing the blues about me, one of the mods, or this board.

Jim is as genuine as they come, I am a member there but have lost my stuff so cannot login which is why you have me here forever and a day, if you would kindly let Jim know of my circumstances I am sure he will pass on the relevant information:cool: Thanking you in advance Gun:eusa_whistle:

They do have some pretty good emoticons.

vewyafwaid.gif

vewyafwaid.gif

I like a lot of the posters there, and like I say, never known a more genuine board owner than Jim, I was here when the changes occurred and joined up over there, changed computers and weeks/months later forgot all of my stuff, cannot login, probably reregister when I can be bothered.I thought I would let Gunny do the work for me, I am awaiting the "Fuck off, sonny boy" response:rofl:

I like a lot of the posters there, and like I say, never known a more genuine board owner than Jim, I was here when the changes occurred and joined up over there, changed computers and weeks/months later forgot all of my stuff, cannot login, probably reregister when I can be bothered.I thought I would let Gunny do the work for me, I am awaiting the "Fuck off, sonny boy" response:rofl:

Sent him a PM informing him of your plight.

Now why on Earth would I want to tell you to "fuck off" and stop you from going elsewhere?:eusa_angel:

vewyafwaid.gif

They were the same ones we had here. The first guy that bought USMB for some reason no one has ever been able to fathom, he dumped them and got these.

Now the problem seems to be Gunny's inability to upload emoticons.:redface:

They were the same ones we had here. The first guy that bought USMB for some reason no one has ever been able to fathom, he dumped them and got these.

Now the problem seems to be Gunny's inability to upload emoticons.:redface:

You useless old fool, ask somebody to do it for you, and another thing, who says I would be leaving? I like to share me:cool:

You useless old fool, ask somebody to do it for you, and another thing, who says I would be leaving? I like to share me:cool:

Hey! I resent that "old" shit.:evil:

I happen to be working on that very thing. The mail moves slow.

I'm sure the members of USMB are just falling all over themselves happy with the knowledge of your last sentence.:badgrin:

Hey! I resent that "old" shit.:evil:

I'm sure the members of USMB are just falling all over themselves happy with the knowledge of your last sentence.:badgrin:

Some more than others:rofl: You must have noticed I have been playing nice lately?:eusa_whistle:

Personally I find their emoticons childish and gross, sorta like a bunch of high school boys with little imagination beyond bodily functions.

New Topics

Forum List

Back