Other Board Suggestions

I never had problems w/ PHPBB, and I found the ease with which you could install free mods convenient. What do you not like about it?

No security at all, piecemeal code, and sloppy looking because in order to make it work well and look good you have to rewrite it anyway, then to add decent security you have to rewrite more, or restrict it so much you can't do more than text with it.

Try the Hannity forums, Xotoxi says they are the most friendly on the net!

Yeah-- but then I'd have to deal with Hannity listeners, and I seriously doubt there's much independent thinking going on there. Kind of like here, except that at least the people here disagree on things. Not very civilly or intelligently, but I prefer the variety to the homogenous thought of radical conservative radio.

Yeah-- but then I'd have to deal with Hannity listeners, and I seriously doubt there's much independent thinking going on there. Kind of like here, except that at least the people here disagree on things. Not very civilly or intelligently, but I prefer the variety to the homogenous thought of radical conservative radio.

We disagree on EVERYTHING, and we like it. If you don't chill, I'll tell Luissa you said childbirth ain't shit.:eusa_whistle:

:badgrin:

We disagree on EVERYTHING, and we like it. If you don't chill, I'll tell Luissa you said childbirth ain't shit.:eusa_whistle:

:badgrin:

Actually, after puking throught the first one, it was a snap....

I don't think some of you realize what a pain in the ass it is to make changes to these bulletin board programs.

Even the updates can blow the board up if they're not done carefully.

Give Guns a break, would ya?

Running these boards is a thankless job.

It's a public service he's providing, ya' know.

I don't think some of you realize what a pain in the ass it is to make changes to these bulletin board programs.

Even the updates can blow the board up if they're not done carefully.

Give Guns a break, would ya?

Running these boards is a thankless job.

It's a public service he's providing, ya' know.

And some of us thank him each and every day.... :lol: :lol:

now that is the best laugh of the day ...of course this board is so strict with rep.....i have to owe you....hey guys rep dis for me...please...come on gunny toss her a crumb from the mega rep table...for that one....hell it even made you laugh

o and gunny...seems all one has to do if they dont like them bling medals is disable their rep...ie...dis, duckie...etc...so mister gunny...(said in that sweet soft southern voice that women use with the wee ones) if you dont want the medals....just disable your rep, honey

now that is the best laugh of the day ...of course this board is so strict with rep.....i have to owe you....hey guys rep dis for me...please...come on gunny toss her a crumb from the mega rep table...for that one....hell it even made you laugh

took care of that for ya. ;)

thanks annie...see what you have started...now i got nuns with hard nipples.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh before 9 am....i didnt notice that yesterday....i just peeped at it and speed on...like a crotch rocket down the mountain....

Anybody know of any boards like this one but where people spend more time talking about issues and less time name calling and using profanity?

Just look for ones with stricter rules. Most established blogsites have comment sections, some of which are cascaded so you can read the back and forth.

Anybody know of any boards like this one but where people spend more time talking about issues and less time name calling and using profanity?

If there are any other boards "like this one", then it's likely they're going to be *just* like this one, and you won't like them either. THIS one is unique in that everyone's shit is tolerated to a higher degree than normal.

Including yours.

Oops. I used profanity. But I didn't name-call. Is that ok?

Love your signature, Dis. Seriously...

Forum List

Back