Ossetia-Georgia conflict; truth analysis

truthman

Rookie
Sep 8, 2008
I still can not understand !!!!
Why Europe follows the Americans when they depend from Russian Gas and Petroil. Russians Help Europe, try to have good relationships and what we are doing? Just follow the Bush's imperialistical ideas. And.. did they really understoond that was first Georgia to attack (with Anericans support) South Ossetia and have killed so many innocent people. And is is not viceversa. Who is going to pay for these massive killings? NONE apparenty. And curiously Europe stays silence about it. Why really? After having made Russia nervous they understoond their error and started following their own political strategy of dialog and not Americans war attitude.

And what dialog really? There is nothing to discuss. Here is the truth:

1. Russians has the right to protect Ossetians from more blooding from Georgians and their President supported by the American Intelligence. Fortunately, Russians pushed these barbards out from Ossetia with forces; Have you seen the private video done by Georgians? Georgian soldiers were killing anybody in front of them with great pleasure, lauphing and barbar instict; Women, children and old people are dead for nothing. Who will punish these killers?.

2. Ossetia has the right to be free and indipendent. As Europeans accept Kosovo's independent going against Russian opinion not to accept it, now is their turn to play the same game in Ossetia, as Europe played with them at Kosovo. That's it. Very simple.

3. Russians have the right to protect their shoulders, their civils and their grounds from USA imperialisme so long USA offers humanitary help to Georgians together with weapens.

4. USA and NATO are distroying the good relationship between Europe and Russia. Europe must not accept that. Europe needs Russia and Russia needs Europe. If Americans live with their old traditions that Russia is still the dangerous Communist Russian federation and the continue to play the old cold war games, Europe must not follow this unuseful old fashion game and must not permit it neither. Americans have nothing to search in Georgia. They must care with their own problems which are a lot and stay out of Europe with their millitary troups and, missiles and should STOP making the polismen over here. We have our own police and millitaries. They should do it where really is needed to save people and not to let people be killed.

5. And to avoid that Americans must avoid to re-elect Bush and his administration as elect McCain (a 72 years old - old with the word meaning - war veteran) whose idealism is similar to Bush's imperialism.

See more truth at gooblogg.com and videos at gooclip.net

This is what I strongly believe and I would like to have your opinion on these thoughts. Thanks

Signed by: The Truthman

Last edited:
From the American point of view, one could argue the following:

One of the main divisive points between countries in the European union is the relation towards Russia. All Non scandinavian European countries to the east of Germany are quite antagonistic towards Russia, all countries to the west of that are fine with the current situation. Economically and militarily, the "more pro Russian" crowd of Germany, France and Italy is clearly dominant. This group had some bouts with the US in the past (Irak, some trade fights etc.) so weakening them could make sense from the US perespective, especially if we assume a certain short sightedness (truth to be told, there is much more in common between "old Europe" and the USA than the "right" thinks, weakening the EU is fairly stupid on the long term) from the US administration.

The affair could be seen as a battle for influence in Europe, Russian influence, especially in Germany, increased significantly under Putin (note that Russians see Germans much different than Ukrainians or Eastern European countries) something the US is, fairly naturally, adversed to. Pushing back this influence via artificially messing up "Old-Europe"-Russian relations does not seem that far fetched.

On a different note, I do not see why other states should be added to Nato if they do not have a significant military potential. Adding Georgia is adding someone with a high risk of war and a weak military, I would be much more in favor of adding, lets say India or Japan.

As I hear more and more reports from native Ossetians, my sympathy for Georgia wanes.

While I continue to think that Oseetia is part of Georgia, if the reports I am hearing about local Georgians living in Osettian Georgia, attempting to ethnically cleanse Osettia of the the Osettians, then I'll be likely to change my mind and cast my support (which is basically worth not a thing to anyone) to the Osettian/Russian side of this debate

FWIW, I STILL don't trust Russia, but that may not much matter in this case.

It seems the South Ossetians and the Abkhazis were keen to get away from Georgia and align themselves, possibly, with the Russian Federation.

What's the problem? Why can't they decide their own fate?

It seems the South Ossetians and the Abkhazis were keen to get away from Georgia and align themselves, possibly, with the Russian Federation.

What's the problem? Why can't they decide their own fate?

What's the problem?

Why can't the people of the nation of Georgia decide the fate of Georgia?

Why is Russia involved?

After all Georgia and Osettia were one nation centuries before the Russians took it over.

When the Soviet fell apart, that area reconstituted into the nation it was originally...Georgia..which has always included the land of South Osettia,

Now Russia wants contol over the oil pipeline and an "independent" Osettia is the only way they can get it.

So that is basically the problem, I think.

What's the problem?

Why can't the people of the nation of Georgia decide the fate of Georgia?

Why is Russia involved?

After all Georgia and Osettia were one nation centuries before the Russians took it over.

When the Soviet fell apart, that area reconstituted into the nation it was originally...Georgia..which has always included the land of South Osettia,

Now Russia wants contol over the oil pipeline and an "independent" Osettia is the only way they can get it.

So that is basically the problem, I think.

But if a region identifies itself as being separate from what I'll call a "host" nation then why can't it seek its independence? If they self identify, if they reach a democratic conclusion that the identifiable region wishes to align itself with another nation or indeed seek its own independence from the host nation, then why should the host nation be permitted to force it to stay within its sphere of influence?

Forum List

Back