Oscars just not ready for big fat black woman best actress.

Do you mean like when Hattie McDaniel won in 1940??

hattiemcdaniels1.jpg

Best actress in 1940 was won by Ginger Rogers, a slender woman.

hattiemcdaniels1.jpg

Best actress in 1940 was won by Ginger Rogers, a slender woman.

Giving Best Supporting Actress to a fat black woman in 1940 America was quite a stretch.

To claim that there is some secret bias against overweight black women ignores the hundreds of millions that Oprah somehow managed to amass

I knew Sandra Bullock was going to win best actress. I would have won thousands if I bet my hunch.

I guess the Oscars is just not ready for a Big fat black woman winning for best actress.?:razz:

can you name one who was the best actress?

Since the Academy gave an Oscar to Hattie McDaniel way back in 1940, I think they can handle big black women okay. There just don't happen to be a lot of big lead actors in Hollywood of ANY color. That's life.

I knew Sandra Bullock was going to win best actress. I would have won thousands if I bet my hunch.

I guess the Oscars is just not ready for a Big fat black woman winning for best actress.?:razz:

can you name one who was the best actress?

I don't think there's ever has been a big fat woman to win best actress, black, white, blue, green, or otherwise.

That's because fat actors are usually character actors, not leads. And when they ARE leads, it's usually comedy, not drama.

The very best, buxom black actress.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRGUEbqZo3A]YouTube - Chicago - When You're Good To Mama[/ame]

It's very unlikely that a first time actress is going to win the Big Award. Sandra's had a long career with some good films - why taint her accomplishment with the Race Card?

It's nasty of you.

I don't think that's true at all. Sandra Bulloch gave an outstanding performance. I believe she won because she deserved it.

Mammy was one of the two Moral Cores of GWTW (the other being Melanie Wilkes). Hattie gave a fabulous performance.

THE BIG FAT BLACK LADY IS A HOLLYWOOD ROLE MODEL FOR ALL THE PLAIN JANE BIG FAT BLACK LADYS HA!!!!...:eusa_shhh:

Mammy was one of the two Moral Cores of GWTW (the other being Melanie Wilkes). Hattie gave a fabulous performance.

Mo'Nique said on the red carpet that her blue dress and the gardenias in her hair was a tribute to Hattie McDaniel. I thought that was so touching.

I just can't enjoy a big fat female/ male figure....in a drama...There's no sense of beauty...
It's not that fat actors or actresses are not good, it's just, don't you think when the reality is so dissapointing, there should be some nice, pretty, cute things in the dramas?

hattiemcdaniels1.jpg

What a great picture of HM!!! She was so great in GWTW. In 1944 she played the housekeeper in, "Since You Went Away". Her character was a lot like it was as Mammy. The kids in the family just adored her and she was like everybody's mother. I always wished she had been a part of my household when I was growing up.

Forum List

Back