Oscar Organizers Breathe Huge Sigh Of Relief

Micheal who?
:)

I too am shocked at this blatant racism
no doubt cause by some form of a micro-aggression.

But there is some good news,
to show the just and moral cause of people with preferred pigmentation
they may change the name of the Oscar to something that is
reflective of this great cause

the "Buckwheat"

buckwheat-e1268140227489.jpeg

Some Oscar black facts.

“Twenty percent of the wins in the ‘Best Actor’ category, for example, have gone to black actors. Blacks are not 20% of the population; they’re around 13% of the population… 12.4% of the nominations have gone to black actors…

I don’t doubt the sentiment here. I don’t doubt that people are concerned about this issue. I don’t doubt that you’re sincere in your concern about this issue. What I’m suggesting to you is that when I look at the actual facts here — the data — since 2000 to today, that across various categories, the fact of the matter is that blacks, relative to their percentage of the population, have been over-represented in some sense, not under-represented.

And it’s important to acknowledge that because regardless of who’s doing the nominating, it’s a ‘fair’ outcome.”
Independent Journal Review looked back at every acting nomination (240) since 2000, excluding 2015 and 2016 because of the controversy, and found that Foster is correct. 12.9% of acting nominees have been black. Additionally, 15% of wins across all acting categories since 2000 have gone to black actors.

That’s not to mention other minority actors that received nominations and won, like Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem, and Benicio Del Toro.

'Fox & Friends' Guest Points Out a Very Inconvenient Fact for Those Who Think the 'Oscars are too White'

Forum List

Back