Orwell was right...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv>Orwell Lives!</a></h1></center>

<blockquote> AUSTIN, Texas -- "The aide (a senior adviser to President Bush) said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors ... and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do." -- Ron Suskind, New York Times Magazine, Oct. 17, 2004.</blockquote>

And the greates impact will be on the environment. The Administration's Empire status notwithstanding, the problems of global warming and environmental degradation will accelerate under another four years of Dubbyuh's gross mismanagement. Among other things, the following are being stripped from Clinton-Era enviromental law:

<blockquote> -- Reducing risk to human health and the environment by identifying, evaluating and, where necessary, remediating contamination resulting from past DoD activities.

-- Protecting, preserving and, when required, restoring and enhancing the quality of the environment.

-- Conserving and restoring, where necessary, the natural and cultural heritage represented on DoD installations within the United States.

There has been no public debate or congressional review of the new policy. The policy was written by the man who watched the looting of Baghdad and said, "Stuff happens."</blockquote>

Also, sewage treatment regulations are being relaxed to allow sewage treatment plants to routinely mix partially treated sewage with treated sewage for discharge into our waterways. This normally should only happen during emergencies like...oh...a hurricaine. Now it can happen anytime it rains. The impacts to public health from this policy will result in higher incidences of disease and death in the elderly, children, and those who are otherwise at risk, from bacteria, viruses and parasites contaminating our watersupplies as a result of this routine sewage discharge.

These, and other environmental issues are not being subjected to congressional scrutiny or public debate. It's just Dubbyuh puttin' out for his corporate pimps and johns. So the Administraion's Orwellian double-speak like, the Clear Skies Initiative, Healthy Forests Initiative, etc. are just that, double-speak. The oligarchs are in control, and the rest of us are just plain fucked. Orwell was right.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><a href=http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv>Orwell Lives!</a></h1></center>

<blockquote> AUSTIN, Texas -- "The aide (a senior adviser to President Bush) said that guys like me were 'in what we call the reality-based community,' which he defined as people who 'believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. 'That's not the way the world really works anymore,' he continued. 'We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors ... and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do." -- Ron Suskind, New York Times Magazine, Oct. 17, 2004.</blockquote>

And the greates impact will be on the environment. The Administration's Empire status notwithstanding, the problems of global warming and environmental degradation will accelerate under another four years of Dubbyuh's gross mismanagement. Among other things, the following are being stripped from Clinton-Era enviromental law:

<blockquote> -- Reducing risk to human health and the environment by identifying, evaluating and, where necessary, remediating contamination resulting from past DoD activities.

-- Protecting, preserving and, when required, restoring and enhancing the quality of the environment.

-- Conserving and restoring, where necessary, the natural and cultural heritage represented on DoD installations within the United States.

There has been no public debate or congressional review of the new policy. The policy was written by the man who watched the looting of Baghdad and said, "Stuff happens."</blockquote>

Also, sewage treatment regulations are being relaxed to allow sewage treatment plants to routinely mix partially treated sewage with treated sewage for discharge into our waterways. This normally should only happen during emergencies like...oh...a hurricaine. Now it can happen anytime it rains. The impacts to public health from this policy will result in higher incidences of disease and death in the elderly, children, and those who are otherwise at risk, from bacteria, viruses and parasites contaminating our watersupplies as a result of this routine sewage discharge.

These, and other environmental issues are not being subjected to congressional scrutiny or public debate. It's just Dubbyuh puttin' out for his corporate pimps and johns. So the Administraion's Orwellian double-speak like, the Clear Skies Initiative, Healthy Forests Initiative, etc. are just that, double-speak. The oligarchs are in control, and the rest of us are just plain fucked. Orwell was right.

the Nuts in Austin will say anything Bully---ya got 4 years--PICK US A NEW CANDIDATE AND START SELLING HIM TO US!

I sure hope Orwell was right. We may be able to reverse some of the crap the environmental quacks have been trying to feed to us. As far as sewage in the waterways, that is the best things for a waterway to keep it healthy. How much of our food is imported from other countries? As far as I know we are the only nation in the world that don't use human waste to raise crops with. (there may be some though) You eat imported fish that comes from rivers that raw sewage runs into every day without "ANY" treatment. Thank you Mr. Bush if you try to do away with all this nonsense crap.

The gist of Orwell's future is a face with a jackboot kicking it repeatedly. ( I may be paraphrasing here.) It starts with blaming everyone else for everything and then calling for the ubiquitous "they" to do something about it. God works bottom up. Not top down. That's why the communists suck hind tit. Their central planning is a historically proven farce that can't approach the success of the self determination that George Bush preaches at least as emphatically as he preaches his belief in some other guiding principles than the currently blowing wind. The fact that this blows right over the empty heads of 48% of the populace and causes them to hate him, (even though he has excluded no one from any of his initiatives), proves how addictive the nature of the supreme "State" has become to the very nation that proves its un-necessity

Merlin said:
You eat imported fish that comes from rivers that raw sewage runs into every day without "ANY" treatment. Thank you Mr. Bush if you try to do away with all this nonsense crap.

I only eat GM, de-liced farmed fish, preferably from a really poor nation like the Philippines.

New Topics

Forum List

Back