Orville Seth MacFarlane Star Trek parodies.

It is actually pretty good. Recording episodes.

It actually feels more like Star Trek, than Star Trek.

I agree totally. I am enjoying it. It's a comedy but with serious storytelling. The last one with Charlie's Theron was a story in the tradition of Star Trek. The light-heartedness and occasional jokes make it entertaining.

I liked the idea of the ark-ship, and the people forgetting they were in space.

Also one can't go wrong with a Liam Neeson cameo.

I agree totally. I am enjoying it. It's a comedy but with serious storytelling. The last one with Charlie's Theron was a story in the tradition of Star Trek. The light-heartedness and occasional jokes make it entertaining.

They really have had some excellent writing.

They really have had some excellent writing.

So far, so good.

For me the first two TNG's were the best, so yes the odd/even thing can be seen as a bit of a joke.

Marty, we doing so well, then you said that.

Generations was HORRIBLE. Let's kill Kirk with scaffolding! It's like killing James Bond by having him slip on a banana peel.

Or having Doctor Who bump his head on a console and regenerate. Oh, wait, Doctor Who already did that one. Well at least they aren't going to turn him into a woman or something....

OH, yeah, let's also destroy the Enterprise-D because the model didn't look cool enough for future movies and we had to mess with the lighting to make the sets work on the big screen.
In Generations, when Picard was in the Nexus with the kids and the Christmas Tree, Picard realized that NONE OF THIS IS REAL. Thus, nothing that happened was real....... Picard never escaped the Nexus and everything after that point was simply a delusion being lived out by Picard in the Nexus.

If People in the Nexus could simply decide to travel back in time and not be in the Nexus, then they would not need rescuing. Hell, I want to go inside the Nexus.

Last edited:
Of course I was one of the people who understood why they killed off Wash and Book in Serenity, didn't like it, but understood it.

The official reason was that Ron Glass and Alan Tudyek(Sp) weren't available for sequels. Of course, the movie didn't make enough money to have sequels.

Dramatically, I think it worked fine, as this was an epic movie that concluded a lot of the plot points from the series. So of course, "some of you won't be coming back alive" is fine.

Still surprised there hasn't been sequels or a revived TV show, even with new actors (the old same universe, different time period thing).

Less to do with how good the show was, and more to do with the drivel we currently see for at least parts of seasons recently.
Could still happen.... It really has not been that long yet.

For me the first two TNG's were the best, so yes the odd/even thing can be seen as a bit of a joke.

Generations was HORRIBLE. Let's kill Kirk with scaffolding! It's like killing James Bond by having him slip on a banana peel.

Or having Doctor Who bump his head on a console and regenerate. Oh, wait, Doctor Who already did that one. Well at least they aren't going to turn him into a woman or something....

OH, yeah, let's also destroy the Enterprise-D because the model didn't look cool enough for future movies and we had to mess with the lighting to make the sets work on the big screen.
In Generations, when Picard was in the Nexus with the kids and the Christmas Tree, Picard realized that NONE OF THIS IS REAL. Thus, nothing that happened was real....... Picard never escaped the Nexus and everything after that point was simple a delusion being lived out by Picard in the Nexus.

If People in the Nexus could simply decide to travel back in time and not be in the Nexus, then they would not need rescuing. Hell, I want to go inside the Nexus.

Rule #1 of of Sci-fi: Thou shall not point out gaping plot holes, especially when time/dimensional travel is involved.

In Generations, when Picard was in the Nexus with the kids and the Christmas Tree, Picard realized that NONE OF THIS IS REAL. Thus, nothing that happened was real....... Picard never escaped the Nexus and everything after that point was simple a delusion being lived out by Picard in the Nexus.

Rule #1 of of Sci-fi: Thou shall not point out gaping plot holes, especially when time/dimensional travel is involved.
Damn... I broke the prime directive of Sci-fi.

I miss Stargate........ But there was need for a break. It was never the same after Richard Dean Anderson left.

Damn... I broke the prime directive of Sci-fi.

or is that the temporal prime directive?

They need to make an anti-star trek where the prime directive IS to mess with other cultures...oh wait, mirror mirror, they did that...

It's WAY better than the new Star Trek bomb.

That's kind of a low standard.

I record and watch it without analyzing. Better than anything else in that time slot.

I think it's probably going to be in trouble when Arrow on the CW starts doing first run episodes again in the same time slot, if Nerds have to make a choice.

Also, Kurt did not die alone as he was suppose to do.

Kurt?

Kurt?
Kirk in the alternate universe........

Okay.. my fingers and stupid.

I record and watch it without analyzing. Better than anything else in that time slot.

I think it's probably going to be in trouble when Arrow on the CW starts doing first run episodes again in the same time slot, if Nerds have to make a choice.

Yeah, I kind of expect a lot of nerds to be highly offended at the spoof of a beloved show anyway.

I wanted to like it- but it feels like it can't decide whether it is a comedy(its not very funny) or a science fiction adventure(its not great at that either).

Its not a good parody or a good stand alone show. It needs to be one or the other - but better.

I'm no fan of Seth McFarlane.

That being said, I like this show. It's not really a parody of Star Trek in my mind, but more of an homage. To Starr Trek and other Scifi television shows. You can tell that McFarlane harbors a love for scifi television and film. It's what I would call a dramady. It's funny at just the right times, the characters use language we all wished Kirk or Spock or Bones would use, and they tell a good story.

I'll record Arrow as it just doesn't turn me on like the early episodes.

It is like a cross between Star Trek and Galaxy Quest.
Not going to win any awards but it is fun to watch

Watched the latest episode, a lot going on.

We get to see a more in depth look at what is likely the main antagonist species, and we saw a bigger ship, probably a "Heavy Cruiser"

Forum List

Back