Orrin Hatch Supports the Mosque

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
The Plum Line - Orrin Hatch's defense of Park51

HATCH: Let's be honest about it, in the First Amendment, religious freedom, religious expression, that really express matters to the Constitution. So, if the Muslims own that property, that private property, and they want to build a mosque there, they should have the right to do so. The only question is are they being insensitive to those who suffered the loss of loved ones? We know there are Muslims killed on 9/11 too and we know it's a great religion.... But as far as their right to build that mosque, they have that right.

I just think what's made this country great is we have religious freedom. That's not the only thing, but it's one of the most important things in the Constitution....

There's a question of whether it's too close to the 9/11 area, but it's a few blocks away, it isn't right there.... And there's a huge, I think, lack of support throughout the country for Islam to build that mosque there, but that should not make a difference if they decide to do it. I'd be the first to stand up for their rights.

That's it! I'm putting my Mohammad's Pork Store Above the Mosque, on the roof if necessary. If Muslims can build on Solomon's Temple, I can build above their mosque

Not sure why this is still a controversy.

Let them build whatever they want.

Let everyone else build what they want too

Way to go, your pork store will insult Jews and Muslims.

And the Ground Zero Mosque will insult most of the 9/11 Families.

I can play this game too.. Realize before you start flying shit I never said they couldn't built a mosque. I keep saying I don't like location.
And I wasn't addressing you.

Your point?

Isn't this a message board? I can quote whoever I please. Or are there certain guidelines regarding you?

If it's true the bones of African slaves are buried 25 feet below Lower Manhattan and at least 10% of West African slaves in America were Muslim, "it's not out of bounds to extrapolate that ground zero itself was built on the bones of at least a few Muslim slaves?"

"That is to say, hallowed Muslim ground."

Jen Phillips's Ground Zero's Slave Graves argues the exact dimensions of the burial ground is still being studied; however that doesn't limit pre-9E Muslim claims to WTC real estate:

"At any rate, some of the slaves' belongings were definitely at ground zero: About 100 boxes of artifacts from the African graves were stored at 6 WTC, which was crushed by the North Tower on 9/11, but thankfully archivists were able to recover them. A few of the items were strings of blue beads found buried with the slaves...which some think could be Islamic prayer beads.

"Park51 won't even be at ground zero proper (across from Brooks Brothers or the Century 21 department store). But if it were, it would still be perfectly defensible. In fact, since WTC was likely built over the centuries-old bones of Muslim slaves, it would be a downright blessing."

If it's true the bones of African slaves are buried 25 feet below Lower Manhattan and at least 10% of West African slaves in America were Muslim, "it's not out of bounds to extrapolate that ground zero itself was built on the bones of at least a few Muslim slaves?"

Jen Phillips's Ground Zero's Slave Graves argues the exact dimensions of the burial ground is still being studied; however that doesn't limit pre-9E Muslim claims to WTC real estate:

"At any rate, some of the slaves' belongings were definitely at ground zero: About 100 boxes of artifacts from the African graves were stored at 6 WTC, which was crushed by the North Tower on 9/11, but thankfully archivists were able to recover them. A few of the items were strings of blue beads found buried with the slaves...which some think could be Islamic prayer beads.

"Park51 won't even be at ground zero proper (across from Brooks Brothers or the Century 21 department store). But if it were, it would still be perfectly defensible. In fact, since WTC was likely built over the centuries-old bones of Muslim slaves, it would be a downright blessing."

It's Hollowed Muslim Grounds?

I didn't know that I'll have to rename the pork store I'll build above the Mosque as

Al-Aqsa Pork Store.

HATCH: Let's be honest about it, in the First Amendment, religious freedom, religious expression, that really express matters to the Constitution. So, if the Muslims own that property, that private property, and they want to build a mosque there, they should have the right to do so. The only question is are they being insensitive to those who suffered the loss of loved ones? We know there are Muslims killed on 9/11 too and we know it's a great religion.... But as far as their right to build that mosque, they have that right.

I just think what's made this country great is we have religious freedom. That's not the only thing, but it's one of the most important things in the Constitution....

There's a question of whether it's too close to the 9/11 area, but it's a few blocks away, it isn't right there.... And there's a huge, I think, lack of support throughout the country for Islam to build that mosque there, but that should not make a difference if they decide to do it. I'd be the first to stand up for their rights.

This is nothing new to most conversatives. Because we agree with it too.

It's only fucking morons on the left who think we don't. But that's cuz they dumb.

I didn't know that I'll have to rename the pork store I'll build above the Mosque as

Al-Aqsa Pork Store.
Don't forget to invite Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld to the ribbon cutting.

Maybe the two conservatives can explain how two planes crushed three skyscrapers and how much money they've earned from the mass murder that happened on their watch.

Everything he said was TRUE. It's also TRUE that those who oppose it are constitutionally guaranteed the right to SAY they OPPOSE it. End of story.

Al-Aqsa Pork Store.
How's your fundraising going? I know NYC real estate is very pricey. Maybe you can get Glenn Beck to do another charity event for you. Glad to have been of help.

I can play this game too.. Realize before you start flying shit I never said they couldn't built a mosque. I keep saying I don't like location.

Were you this concerned when Ann Coulter was insulting 9/11 families? What about Bill O'Reilly?

It's funny how with the massive unemployment rate and this damn near deppression level economy this nation is faced with we still find the time to talk about bullshit "social issues" like these.

Our greatest enemy right now is not Islam, it's the threat of US destroying OURSELVES.

We're making this a political issue, when this needs to be a completely and totally local and personal issue.

Al-Aqsa Pork Store.
Don't forget to invite Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld to the ribbon cutting.

Maybe the two conservatives can explain how two planes crushed three skyscrapers and how much money they've earned from the mass murder that happened on their watch.

Only because Bill Clinton passed up 6 separate chances to capture or kill bin Laden

Were you this concerned when Ann Coulter was insulting 9/11 families? What about Bill O'Reilly?

Are you trying to say I don't care when people on my "Side" insult 9/11 Families? Besides, what did O'reilly say?

I don't care who you are, Insulting the 9/11 families is a huge disrespect.

Al-Aqsa Pork Store.
How's your fundraising going? I know NYC real estate is very pricey. Maybe you can get Glenn Beck to do another charity event for you. Glad to have been of help.

I'm looking for any NY Mosque with air rights so I can build my Al Aqsa Pork store right on top of them. My marketing people tell me that Muslims appreciate building over things, like how they built over the holiest site in Judiasm.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back