Orly Taitz Slapped with $20,000 fine for wasting judicial resources

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Orly Taitz Slapped With $20,000 Sanction

Birther leader Orly Taitz has been fined for "wasting the judicial resources" of the Middle District of Georgia with her "frivolous and sanctionable conduct."
Taitz filed a lawsuit demanding that President Obama prove his citizenship before deploying an Army captain to Iraq and Afghanistan. However, the soldier herself has disavowed her lawyer and threatened to file a bar complaint against Taitz.
Judge Clay Land wrote that Taitz's behavior in the case "borders on delusional" and "demonstrates bad faith."
Regrettably, the conduct of counsel Orly Taitz has crossed these lines, and Ms. Taitz must be sanctioned for her misconduct. After a full review of the sanctionable conduct, counsel's conduct leading up to that conduct, and counsel's response to the Court's show cause order, the Court finds that a monetary penalty of $20,000.00 shall be imposed upon counsel Orly Taitz as punishment for her misconduct, as a deterrent to prevent future misconduct, and to protect the integrity of the Court. Payment shall be made to the United States, through the Middle District of Georgia Clerk's Office, within thirty days of today's Order. If counsel fails to pay the sanction due, the U.S. Attorney will be authorized to commence collection proceedings.​
In an interview with Talking Points Memo, Taitz said she had no intention of paying the fine. "Are you kidding? Of course not," she said. "This is a form of intimidation."

It's Christmas come early! I hope she continues to not pay and continue to lead the Birthers to Salvation. :lol:

intmidation?!?!?!?

is she really a lawyer?

i can't wait til they lock her up for contempt.

what an insane cow.

You're being way too generous. :lol:

But seriously, I had no idea they gave away JD's at Hamburger U. Learn something new every day.

intmidation?!?!?!?

is she really a lawyer?

what an insane cow.
It's really hard to pick out my favorite part of the order, there is so much to choose from, but this ranks at the top:

Or perhaps an eccentric citizen has become convinced that the President is an alien from Mars, and the courts should order DNA testing to enforce the Constitution. (7)

(footnote 7) The Court does not make this observation simply as a rhetorical device for emphasis; the Court has actually received correspondence assailing its previous order in which the sender, who, incidentally, challenged the undersigned to a “round of fisticuffs on the Courthouse Square,” asserted that the President is not human.

:rofl: :rofl:

And Judge Land has requested donating the $20,000 collected in sanctions to the National Infantry Foundation.

The National Infantry Foundation was established in 1998 to honor our Nation’s Infantrymen – past, present and future – and to preserve their legacy through the construction and operation of the new, world-class National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center in Columbus, Georgia.

National Infantry Museum

National Infantry Museum

intmidation?!?!?!?

is she really a lawyer?

what an insane cow.
It's really hard to pick out my favorite part of the order, there is so much to choose from, but this ranks at the top:

Or perhaps an eccentric citizen has become convinced that the President is an alien from Mars, and the courts should order DNA testing to enforce the Constitution. (7)

(footnote 7) The Court does not make this observation simply as a rhetorical device for emphasis; the Court has actually received correspondence assailing its previous order in which the sender, who, incidentally, challenged the undersigned to a “round of fisticuffs on the Courthouse Square,” asserted that the President is not human.

"Fisticuffs"? What is this 1925?

Maybe that was too generous as some of these people do seem to think we live in 1861.

And Judge Land has requested donating the $20,000 collected in sanctions to the National Infantry Foundation.

The National Infantry Foundation was established in 1998 to honor our Nation’s Infantrymen – past, present and future – and to preserve their legacy through the construction and operation of the new, world-class National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center in Columbus, Georgia.

National Infantry Museum

National Infantry Museum

The best part of the Infantry Museum (in my opinion) is a brass bust of Hitler that they have from the Eagle's Nest that is upside down.

Why is it upside down you ask?

The GI who grabbed it as they were going through the Eagle's Nest took it home after the war, inverted the bust, drilled holes in the head, and mounted a plate on the bottom and used it as a trashcan for a couple of decades before deciding that it probably had some historical significance and should be donated.

(I probably messed up some facts in that story).

intmidation?!?!?!?

is she really a lawyer?

what an insane cow.

lol... now i have to go read the order...

fisticuffs?

i just laughed out loud!

owl_orly.png

it's really hard to pick out my favorite part of the order, there is so much to choose from, but this ranks at the top:

or perhaps an eccentric citizen has become convinced that the president is an alien from mars, and the courts should order dna testing to enforce the constitution. (7)

(footnote 7) the court does not make this observation simply as a rhetorical device for emphasis; the court has actually received correspondence assailing its previous order in which the sender, who, incidentally, challenged the undersigned to a “round of fisticuffs on the courthouse square,” asserted that the president is not human.

$orly.gif

$ya_rly.jpg

$owl-nowai.jpg

Last edited:
intmidation?!?!?!?

is she really a lawyer?

what an insane cow.

lol... now i have to go read the order...

fisticuffs?

i just laughed out loud!
My daughter knows who she is, but hasn't followed any O Rly antics (except what I may mention to her if she's on TV). When she came home yesterday, I told her she had to read the order. She was the one who told me of that footnote (I'd skimmed over them on first read). I was in the other room and heard her roaring in laughter, yelling "FISTICUFFS!"

Forum List

Back