Origin of life Thread: Chemistry of seabed's hot vents could explain emergence of life

You have to be deluded into believing that single cells are simple, there's nothing simple about them.

Now that is certainly true but cells are likely the product of billions of years of (non-random) evolution. The first life was infinately simpler. It just needed to reproduce and it was subject to evolutionary forces.

You mean there was something directing the molecules, proteins and amino acids to form a cell? Fascinating. Can you elaborate?

Yes. Ever hear of stoichiometry?

The math destroys that fictional narrative
I'm new to this thread but I'm guessing you've been told that evolution is not a random process. Why do people continue with these strawman arguements? Very sad.

We're talking SPECIFICALLY about how the first cells were formed. Are you saying that amino acids and protein are self-aware and knew PRECISELY how to align themselves to form the first cells?

Not at all, I'm saying that cells did not form from a non-living predecessor.

What formed them? Living proteins?

Take an organic chemistry class.

Or some distant life form stopped for lunch,left some of their food,and took a crap ,we could have evolved from alien shit?? Or not,The math does seem to prove that we din't crawl out of a puddle. Huge numbers for life to start,even larger for it to found away to survive,long enough to find a way to reproduce,that's a lot of zeros

What math, where?

I'm new to this thread but I'm guessing you've been told that evolution is not a random process. Why do people continue with these strawman arguements? Very sad.

We're talking SPECIFICALLY about how the first cells were formed. Are you saying that amino acids and protein are self-aware and knew PRECISELY how to align themselves to form the first cells?

Are you suggesting that single cells are self-aware?

Very likely

You have to be deluded into believing that single cells are simple, there's nothing simple about them.

Now that is certainly true but cells are likely the product of billions of years of (non-random) evolution. The first life was infinately simpler. It just needed to reproduce and it was subject to evolutionary forces.

You mean there was something directing the molecules, proteins and amino acids to form a cell? Fascinating. Can you elaborate?

Yes. Ever hear of stoichiometry?

Balancing reactions? No, never heard of it

Or some distant life form stopped for lunch,left some of their food,and took a crap ,we could have evolved from alien shit?? Or not,The math does seem to prove that we din't crawl out of a puddle. Huge numbers for life to start,even larger for it to found away to survive,long enough to find a way to reproduce,that's a lot of zeros

What math, where?
Statistical probabilities did it need to be spelled out for you?

What math, where?

I need it spelled out since it seems to me either you don't under statistics or you don't understand evolution. I curious as to which it is.

Not at all, I'm saying that cells did not form from a non-living predecessor.

What formed them? Living proteins?

Take an organic chemistry class.
That begs the question- what are Frank's bona fides aside from having keyboard and access to denier sites?

What math, where?

What statistical probabilities, where? Be specific, or get lost.

Forum List

Back