origin of existence

MikeHoncho

Oct 14, 2009
-Self Created
-Self Existent
-Created By Another

cany anyone think of another option that i may have missed?

-Self Created
-Self Existent
-Created By Another

Existence exists. This is an axiom. It requires no proof, other than observation. It is the widest of all concepts. It subsumes everything. What is, is.

Existence has no origin, because existence is all that which exists - it encompasses everything from the smallest atom to the largest supercluster of galaxies. To ask for an origin of existence is to imply the applicability of non-existence. But as we know, if something is non-existent, it does not exist. Thus, existence has no origin. Existence exists, and has always existed.

:tongue: :tongue:
"Atheism: In the beginning there was nothing, and nothing happened to nothing, until nothing exploded, and created everything. Then, the nothing that became everything magically rearranged itself for no reason into self-replicating complex life forms, that became intelligent beings that believed in God. Makes perfect sense. LOL." Quote by VFX

http://www.youtube.com/user/venomfangx?blend=1&ob=4

Last edited:
Is this how life started on earth?...
:eusa_eh:
Study: Alkaline Vents Kick-started First Life
July 31, 2013 > Scientists are one step closer to answering the eternal question of how life began on Earth.
Three new studies co-authored by Mike Russell, a research scientist in planetary chemistry and astrobiology at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, strengthen the theory that life on Earth began at alkaline thermal vents at the bottom of the ocean. In fact, the theory can be tested in the real world at the so-called “Lost City” alkaline thermal vents at the bottom of the North Atlantic Ocean.There, researchers have found strong evidence to back up Russell’s claims. "Our work on alkaline hot springs on the ocean floor makes what we believe is the most plausible case for the origin of the life's building blocks and its energy supply," Russell said in a statement. "Our hypothesis is testable, has the right assortment of ingredients and obeys the laws of thermodynamics."

B7BF3E11-B4C3-4DD6-8AD8-3554F9D067DA_w640_r1_s.jpg

Spectacular, long-lived "Lost City" vents, showing accretion of vent-building carbonate. Earth's first life may have developed around vents such as these.

In papers published in the journal Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, Russell provides more details on the chemical and metabolic reactions that have to take place in order for life to emerge. According to Russell, about four billion years ago, during Earth’s “Hadean” age, these same reactions took place on the ancient ocean floor. Specifically, the fluids from the undersea vents mixed with ocean waters to create acetate, which is comparable to vinegar. Acetate is a product of methane and hydrogen from the vents and dissolved carbon dioxide in the water. Acetate could become the basis of other biological molecules, according to Russell.

Russell and his co-authors also describe how organic carbon and polymers, which would have been the energy sources for the first cells, could have been created from inorganic minerals. In another paper published in the journal Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, researchers describe the structural similarity between the most ancient enzymes of life and minerals found near vents.

The research has implications for the possibility of finding life on other worlds. For example, Jupiter’s moon Europa and Saturn’s moon Enceladus are icy worlds with subsurface, liquid oceans. If there are alkaline thermal vents on the ocean floors of those moons, scientists will know what chemical signatures to look for as an indication of potential life.

Source

-Self Created
-Self Existent
-Created By Another

Existence exists. This is an axiom. It requires no proof, other than observation. It is the widest of all concepts. It subsumes everything. What is, is.

Existence has no origin, because existence is all that which exists - it encompasses everything from the smallest atom to the largest supercluster of galaxies. To ask for an origin of existence is to imply the applicability of non-existence. But as we know, if something is non-existent, it does not exist. Thus, existence has no origin. Existence exists, and has always existed.

But, but, but, accepting such an axiom and going on with our lives undermines social and political agendas.

I think, therefore I am, I think.

Rene Descartes walks into a restaurant. The waitress asks if he would like to see a menu.

Descartes says "I think so." She gives him a menu and walks away.

Two minutes later she returns and asks Descartes if he would like to order an appetizer. Descartes says "I think not," and disappears.

Forum List

Back